PDA

View Full Version : digital art - sleep

Mick
03-09-2000, 11:59 PM
Hi Everybody,

Well I've looked in here too a few times hoping to find something about digital art. I am putting up a recent image of mine. The source is a digital photo and I used photoshop to refine the image. I welcome your comments.

Mick

http://www.toolcity.net/~mboyle/sleep.JPG

dhenton
03-11-2000, 09:31 AM
The colors fit well in with the subject. I'm a realist so I don't have a lot to offer on something like this, I guess I'd say I'd like a little more something in the background.

Welcome to the digital art area!

------------------
"Art is anything you can get away with." -- Marshall McLuhan

Mick
03-11-2000, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by dhenton:
The colors fit well in with the subject. I'm a realist so I don't have a lot to offer on something like this, I guess I'd say I'd like a little more something in the background.

Welcome to the digital art area!

Thanks dhenton for your remarks. I deliberately kept the background simple and blurred. Most of my images are that way I think. Why don't you post one of your works? I'd love to see what other digital artist's work..

Mick
03-11-2000, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by henrik:
Mick, what is it you want us to see/feel when we look at this? A man resting for sure - but then what? Is he ill, dead, dreaming (about what), freezing, etc..

Now I think it could go either way...

Hi henrik,

Well what does it look like to you? When I made this I thought he looked asleep but also something in the way his arms are crossed suggested death. I like the ambiguity of this pose. And I wanted the viewer to have their own interpretation. What is your digital art like? Would you post some here? I'd love to see it. Thanks for responding.

Mick

henrik
03-12-2000, 12:11 AM
Mick, what is it you want us to see/feel when we look at this? A man resting for sure - but then what? Is he ill, dead, dreaming (about what), freezing, etc..

Now I think it could go either way...

basia2
04-22-2000, 07:20 PM
Mick,
if you will not tell about how it was done I'll think about collage. I like it.
I only wish to see a whole figure or at least little more at the bottom or move him little bit up. What do you think?
Great, you are the first who said that leaves interpretation of your work to the viewer, I also don't sign my pictures. People will see what they want to see and this is what we can give them. basia
Did you posted more of your work?
ps.How did you do the background? Is it one of a ready textures? I need something like sky for my SPORT POSTER. Help! basia