PDA

View Full Version : Eckhart Tolle

Cathy Morgan
06-24-2003, 10:39 PM
Sunday I finished reading The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle for the first time. (It won't be the last.) I know this has been a best seller for a while. It seems to me that this is what I've been looking for, to give my life and my art full aliveness and presence. It just make sense that if I'm fully present, the art that comes out of me will be different than the art that comes out when I'm scattered, thinking about past or future, etc.

Has anyone else here been practicing what Tolle points to? Have you noticed an effect on your art?

I'm sure I'm going to keep doing this - mostly just want to share my delight with this.

DanaT
06-25-2003, 09:47 AM
Hi Cathy.

I haven't read Tolle's book but living in the present seems to be a recurring theme with literature these days.

Our Artists Way group went through a week of just paying attention to the moment - our physical surroundings and our thoughts. It was a lot harder than we thought just to stick with the here and now.

Now when I do stay in the moment, things do flow easier; I think that's why I enjoy painting and drawing. Its the one time when its easy for me to stay in the moment and not worry about what just happened or what's going to happen. No one taught me how to do that, it just kinda happened.

But its interesting that all these authors are saying what a lot of us found out through our art.

debi-d
06-27-2003, 09:10 AM
I had 2 friends call me out of the blue and recomment the power of now to me by eckert toll. It was so wierd, they both called the same day within a couple of hours of each other. And these two friends didnt know each other. BUt the book certainly was something I needed to read at that point in my life.
Dont you love it when things like that happen. :)
deb