PDA

View Full Version : new to the forum :equine / wildlife painting.

Artyfartyv
06-17-2012, 05:23 PM
GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: new equine / wildlife painting.
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18x12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
i consider myself a novice when it comes to painting so would be grateful for all and any CC. i will not be offended :D

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
is there anything you would change in the paintings or anything that can be improved upon? sorry for the poor picture quality, they were taken on my phone.

Artyfartyv
06-17-2012, 06:02 PM
hmm the images havent come up :confused:

Artyfartyv
06-17-2012, 06:02 PM
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj539/arty-farty1/phone/0bc90ee0-1.jpg

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj539/arty-farty1/phone/306723e5-1-1.jpg

La_
06-18-2012, 02:17 PM
welcome to WC!

nice pieces, but of course i've got a couple thoughts for ya = )

the horse is obviously stylized and i like that, but wonder if the yellow glow around him should be more integrated into the background? especially under his neck/jaw ... if that yellow was spread down to touch the tops of the hills(?) in the background, might be better, yes?

the cow (water buffalo?) is marvelous ... like the edgy composition ... only pick from me would be to note the bottom of the horn is 'kissing' the horizon and that's not a wretchedly bad thing, but general advise is to land things just above or just below another edge instead of kissing.

la

Artyfartyv
06-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Thanks ! :)

Totally get what you mean about the horse. I was actually wondering weather it would be better to gid rid of the yellow? But I could spread it down and see how it looks first !

I actually never noticed that with the horn ! Looks like its resting on the horizon! Would I better dropping the sky as then there will be more of a contrast from the horn?
I really appreciate you're advice! Thanks :)

lunchbox
06-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Dropping the horizon line might be good because you usually want to avoid dividing your canvas in in the middle horizontally or vertically. Love the grasses you added to the front :) Welcome to Wetcanvas:wave:

Artyfartyv
06-19-2012, 04:44 AM
Thanks for the advice !! :) thanks! I am a bit of an addict already.... Haha.

Spyderbabe
06-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Welcome!
Dont feel bad, its not you. The image loaded often doesnt work.
Notice you have a tendency to position things on the right.. just something to be aware of.

Artyfartyv
06-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Welcome!
Dont feel bad, its not you. The image loaded often doesnt work.
Notice you have a tendency to position things on the right.. just something to be aware of.

Thanks For pointing that out! I will definately be aware of that on my next painting :) thanks!