PDA

View Full Version : Attention art supply addicts

JudyG
06-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Terry Ludwig has his Maggie Price 60 piece Basic Values set for sale until June 30th. It is $184 instead of $230. Even though I have more pastels than I will ever use in this lifetime, I have always wanted this set, so I couldn't resist.

Lynndidj
06-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Judy! You go girl! I'm taking Terry's class in Chesterton, IN in October, so I will now feel free to order pastels with my 20% workshop discount! Want to join the class? Then you could also get more pastels and study with Terry!

Lynn

JudyG
06-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Lynn, I would love to take the class if there is still room and I can fit it in my schedule. Can you PM me with the information? Chesterton Indiana is close enough for me to drive to.

Jason1616
06-16-2012, 04:09 AM
Yay for you Judy! :clap: That's a great set...I bought mine a few months back from Dakota.

Just so you know, Blick and Dakota have discounted prices on the 60 TL sets all the time. So if there are any others you've been wanting...:evil: :D

I myself am a confirmed art supply addict.

JudyG
06-16-2012, 09:24 AM
OOPS, I just checked Dakota's price. I guess Terry's sale was no big deal.
Thanks Jason. Oh well, at least it was an excuse to buy more pastels.:)

AnnaLisa
06-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Hello

I like to buy art material a lot:) so now I would like to ask, how soft
is TL compared to other pastels, like for instance Schmincke or Unison?

And the colours, how are they compared with others?

Jason1616
06-17-2012, 03:42 AM
Hello

I like to buy art material a lot:) so now I would like to ask, how soft
is TL compared to other pastels, like for instance Schmincke or Unison?

And the colours, how are they compared with others?

I would say Terry Ludwigs are between Unison and Schmincke. Softer than Unison but not the softest there is. I find TL pastels to be a just a touch on the muted side in terms of color. There are some that are intense, but a lot of them are a bit less so. They don't have as many of the rich high-chroma sticks of other pastels like Sennelier, Schmincke and Mount Vision. Ludwigs have one of the best ranges of values though.

However, I don't have the complete set of TLs so I'm not familiar with the whole line. Hope this helps! :)

karenlee
06-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Judy, you sure know how to get my attention!
Wish I had room for more pastels. Waita minute-- when are we supposed to quit collecting them? 1,000? 2,000? :evil: :evil: :evil:

AnnaLisa
06-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Thank you Jason for your info.

We need bright colours, we need muted colours, we need harder pastels,
we need little softer pastels and we need very soft pastels etc..:)
So that was great info, because its not always easy to find muted colour
in the colour you need. I have to order some one day to test them too. :)

japonaise
06-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Just thinking ... July is just around the corner. Does anyone know if Terry Ludwig will be offering his FANTASTIC Mystery Box sale this year?

Lynndidj
06-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Judy - will PM you.

Lynn

allydoodle
06-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Just thinking ... July is just around the corner. Does anyone know if Terry Ludwig will be offering his FANTASTIC Mystery Box sale this year?

I was thinking the same thing. If he does, I'm ordering a box just because it is so much fun! I still have my box from last year intact as a little set, I wonder if I could pull off a plein air with it? Talk about a limited palette doing plein air, it certainly would be easy to travel with!

japonaise
06-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Chris: I'm certain you could do a plein air with your limited 2011 TL Mystery set. The little paintings you did last year were terrific! They inspired the rest of us. And, I think lots of WCs bought TL/MBs because of your challenge and, of course, because we joined by by posting photos of our own paintings and fab TL/MB colors. It was so much fun! Maybe Blue can wrangle another MV Chippy sale, too. J