GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Grmmpf
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 40x30 cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
A study, I wanted to exercise movement and deformation. I got carried away and worked more than intended on it.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
How about movement and deformation? Any other comment and crit.

Booker1
06-15-2012, 07:45 AM
i really like this picture you certainly have captured movement well here. your style is very unique and would be great for children books.

La_
06-15-2012, 01:33 PM
hahaha, fun stuff, well done
i only question how hard one has to be pushed in order to undo a belt
or what, perhaps, he tripped over

la

Coen1
06-16-2012, 05:32 AM
@ Booker1: Thank you very much. I agree it would be suitable for childrenbooks.
@ La: So this time I had you laughing.... My day is a success already! Tripped, stumbled or pushed: it was violent anyway!:) Thanks for commenting, La.

AntonioBernal
06-16-2012, 05:49 AM
I really enjoy your style, the figures and colors, Coen! You certainly captured movement in this one! And the deformation in the guy's face is spot on. It has an obvious comical element, with the little mice and everything. You have a strong, defined and very distinctive style, different to most of the things you see here, and I love it. You also create very interesting, whimsical compositions (for what I've seen so far!), I really like it!

The only feedback I could offer is that the puddle in the foreground looks a bit "stiff" to me...maybe it's the green color you chose, but at first glance I thought it was grass, which detracts a bit from the theme of falling into the puddle. However, as soon as you stop and look it's obvious that it's a puddle of mud, with the dirt in his face and everything. Capturing movement in the puddle seems like something difficult, perhaps try to do it a bit more transparent? It looks too solid to me...and what about some brown tones on it?

Looking forward to seeing more of your artwork, Coen! :)

Antonio

Coen1
06-17-2012, 09:16 AM
@ AntonioBernal: Thanks for your inspirational comment and thanks of course for complimenting! I saw from the beginning green mud, but you're not the first commenting on the colour. I will redo it and paint it brownish and see what this will bring. At the same time I'll try to make some splashes a bit transparent. Thanks again, Antonio!
To be continued .....

AllisonR
06-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Great technical ability - with both value and color. Interesting subject. Veryy illustrative style. I imagine this as one of many images in a children's book, or as a jigsaw puzzle. I agree a light brown glaze over that green mud would be helpful. Also, more brown and it might not clash so much with the light green-yellow striped ribbon element. That combo sort of bugs me, though that is personal preference.

Coen1
06-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks AllisonR. I see what you mean. Here and there I could have picked colours better than I did. The mud I will change. Yes, perhaps this one could appeal to children.

tylerminix1231
06-19-2012, 05:46 PM
I love this, brings out my not-so-inner child ;) Movement is great. Nothing to crit :)

God bless,
Tyler.

Coen1
06-21-2012, 05:32 AM
Thank you, Tyler. I'm proud having brought out your not-so-innerchild!:)