MY COMMENTS:
Maybe finished maybe not.

Lord Byrons place, Spring day

My version without the Cellphone tower.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any comments good or bad.

Coen1
06-15-2012, 05:08 AM
The water (!) and castle are very convincing! In my opinion you could detail the reed and grass on the front to gain depth, maybe make it taller. But your work is a success already!

crazywoman53
06-15-2012, 12:16 PM
This is a nice composition. You have several planes to indicate depth but unfortunately you have killed it by making all your greens the same basic value and hue. You have the greens in front of the building, the green trees directly behind it and then the mountain/hill side behind that. Each of these layers should get progressively bluer and lighter if you follow the standard recipe for depth. There are a couple other ways you could tackle your mass values as well though. To add interest you could encorporate some other colors into that hillside and then reflect them back into the water and it would really break up all that green. Adding areas of purple will especially help calm the green monster. Greens are a difficult color that nearly every artist struggles with at one time or another. Give it a go and see what you come up with. :)

eyecandy2
06-18-2012, 11:45 AM
The suggestions above are good. I also wonder where the light is coming from. There aren't any areas of highlight or shadow. Your water is nicely done as are your reflections in the water. I also think that all of your values are middle and you need a little more variation to create more presence and depth. The roof of the building seems to slope down from right to left and I'm not sure if that is correct. From the view that you show, I think that it should be level with the horizon. This should turn out to be a nice painting when you are finished.

Ian_Myford
06-20-2012, 04:40 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jun-2012/200612-John_Constable_028.jpg

Well this is what I'm aiming for

This is John Constable

eyecandy2
06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Your aim is very good. Just look at the values in this painting from darks to lights. And to quote tg, note that there are no pure colors out of the tube. Most of the tube colores have been muted. I too could hope to achieve this level of skill as shown here in this beautiful scene. We both will keep trying.