GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Sunrise
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24/36
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I am doing this for my church, It still has some finishing left, but the main idea is there. The painting is based heavily on the hudson river school style. Or at least I attempted to do it hudson river school style ;)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
General critiques.

allanom
06-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Good dimension created by dark to light structure. Nicely atmospheric.

eyecandy2
06-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Wonderful depth. I just am not sure about the semi circular sky. I think that it spoils a pretty painting. It makes the scene which is so pretty seem artificial. Your atmospheric prospective is done beatifully.

lunchbox
06-16-2012, 03:30 PM
I agree about rethinking the circle feeling of the sky, because if you squint your eye and place your hand over the top, blocking out the blue, the impact is gorgeous, let the muted yellows fill the area. Beautifully accomplished atmosphere.

Aires
06-16-2012, 04:56 PM
My first thought was that such a pale blue upper sky does not usually accompany a sunrise. Grading in a bit of lavender/purple into the upper sky would enhance the sense that the night has not yet given way to a new day. The color of the upper sky is but one of the striking differences between a sunrise and a sunset. A bit of light purple tinge and fading the halo effect should enhance what is a well thought out composition and painting. Just my two cents worth -- Thanks for sharing!