PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 23/6/03

angeline
06-23-2003, 03:06 AM
Good morning all.........just popped in before going to bed after my shift.
This time next week i shall be sat on my mums balcony with a gorgeous coffee......sun shining down on me........pastels out.......bliss!
I have started on the commissioned castle.....wow so many windows in it!
Hope you are all doing ok.
Back later when i have slept.

soap
06-23-2003, 07:59 AM
Hi there,
Hayley your finished castle is lovely!! I am sure you'll do an equally nice job on the commission. Congratulation for that btw. Well done!

Not much news from here...it is windy and rainy and it looks a bit miserable outside.....I am 'stuck' at my desk writing about a fantastic building in Northumberland, Seaton Delaval Hall. I hope to go there next weekend to have a closer look.
I am soo easily distracted! Would rather be painting.:D

Anyway.....ordinary Monday then....

Sleep well Hayley!

sundiver
06-23-2003, 08:39 AM
Good morning! I guess I'm the first one up on this continent, in terms of time zones. ADT is GMT-4 hours.
I'm at school. Man, it's quiet here without the kids. I'm cleaning and organizing, and Julie's in to help toch up our wall murals. The graduating year always makes a mural on the basement wall- a famous painting personalised for our school.
(Here's an example)
Have a wonderful day!

Mo.
06-23-2003, 09:16 AM
Hi all, it's afternoon here now, the sun is peeping through the clouds after a very stormy night.
Visited my little family of swans this morning, sad to say one of the cygnets has gone, disappeared, wardens think it may have been washed away over the overflow of the lake during the fierce storms last night, but the good news is that father and the remaining two are doing well.

Hayley good luck with your commission, I know you'll do a grand job. Not long to go now before you are relaxing on that balcony. ;)

Sophie if you visit this building I hope you take some shots, would love to see what it looks like... hey Wendy is it too quiet for you there now:D Love the Mona mural, that's neat, how big is it?

Guess I'd better get some dare I say housework done now.:D

cheers,
Mo.

meowmeow
06-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Good morning! Actually been up for hours but finally got around to checking on you guys! :D
The sun is out!! But...it's going away. :( They are saying later in the week it will be nice for a couple of days! Hooray! I don't know what I will do with more than a couple of hours of sun. So much to paint...so little time....

Off to my clothed figure drawing session soon. Then the art group business meeting tonight. And then tomorrow morning my first of 4 watercolor classes...is that considered some sort of betrayal? :D I used to do watercolors but it has been so long that I really need some help. Besides, you can use pastels with watercolors so that makes it alright! :D
Have fun everyone!!!!

Sandy

soap
06-23-2003, 09:47 AM
Watercolour???? you traitor!

:D :D.......no...kidding.....I admire you as I am in a naive state of pure awe for watercolourists.....it seems so difficult to do! No way to make corrections!

Mo: if and when I go to this building - I can assure you I will make a terrifying amount of photos! :D ( always do - good material for my studies and nice sources to paint....hmmm....maybe I could share some in the ref. library....see if anybody would be interested LOL)

So much to paint....so little time.....you said it Sandy!!

bnoonan
06-23-2003, 11:22 AM
Morning all - or should I say good day to some and evening to others.

Sipping coffee before I pack up for a day of oil plein aire painting with friends. Promises to be a gorgeous morning and with any luck we'll also have some breezes too.

Fortunately I picked some good artists to paint with so I can learn something from their methods. I'm what you could describe as.... "landscape challenged".

Have a great day all and happy painting!

Barb

Hayley - best of luck with that castle - take your time and have fun!

Sandy - will we have to go to the Watercolor forum or is there a chance you'll post something here? Beware of all that rain and painting watercolors.

Dark_Shades
06-23-2003, 11:59 AM
lol Wendy love that painting........

Jeez Mo....... I was thinking the other day ....... birds arent very lucky around you lol..... :crying:

Ok, I got one eye in here....... and another on the TV screen......

its WIMBLEDON :clap: :clap:

soap
06-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Yeah.....and you better watch that Dutch bloke who was in the Paris finals.........(ok ok ...he was butchered there......I admit.....but can I be a touch nationalistic?)

:D

angeline
06-23-2003, 12:19 PM
OOOOhhhhhhhhh Wimbledon! I forgot! Ah well I shall soon catch up. Summer is here when that starts!
Thank you all for your encouragement of my next castle.......you really are wonderfull people! ( ok soppy bit over)

Vegas Art Guy
06-23-2003, 02:21 PM
Good day from Sin City! Just trying to get some last minute studying done for my final, but WC is more interesting :D. Then tomorrow I'm on vacation for a week with lots of new art stuff to play with. (Gift Certificates are wonderful!) I'll be in a posting frenzy for sure when I come back... Funny how when everyone comes to visit Las Vegas, I'm leaving...

angeline
06-23-2003, 02:26 PM
Ok this is desperate.................lol.........but will you lot go look in the impressionists portrait project and please tell me what you think of my girl?..........please! She has been there for ages and noone has looked.:crying:

Dark_Shades
06-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by angeline
Ok this is desperate.................lol.........but will you lot go look in the impressionists portrait project and please tell me what you think of my girl?..........please! She has been there for ages and noone has looked.:crying:

Awwwwwww blesssssssss :)

Mo.
06-23-2003, 02:34 PM
Awww don't cry Hayley, I'll go take a look now, haven't been in there yet accept to sign up for the project...Hmm, now why on earth did I do that. :D

pastelist
06-23-2003, 02:41 PM
Angeline don't cry, I will go look at your posting. I am so glad you signed up for my project. I will post my reply there. Hope you are painting today!

:clap:

:cat:

:angel: