PDA

View Full Version : A Different Angle

eyecandy2
06-13-2012, 01:10 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/06-13-2012/114934_ANewAngleSm.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: A Different Angle
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
looking for something to paint and fell into this. I tried to create interesting color combinations and balance.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Just floundering in the wilde<br>ess of abstract. Just tell me what you think. This isn't something that I normally do and maybe I shouldn't be doing it.

Dana Design
06-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Phil, it could be three separate paintings! And they'd all be super. I especially like the lower right quadrant. So keep doing it!

Coen1
06-14-2012, 06:40 AM
I like it! Especially the parts with lines with gradients. It interests. Maybe you could paint the different shapes (triangles) opaque (providing another layer)? I like the three paintings in one: it still is one to me.
A new path which is worth walking on much further, Phil!

dancingleafwoman
06-15-2012, 12:27 PM
I like! How would it look with the gradient look to the brown lines? It might detract from the gray though. Right lower is definitely where my eyes go.

XOXO_ash
06-17-2012, 02:24 AM
I really like the design. It is captivating and interesting. But I do think you have too many colors. If you had a more defined color scheme it would pull the piece together.

eyecandy2
06-18-2012, 11:35 AM
XOXO you are probably right. I was experimenting with the affect of each color on the others. I used pure colors and tints and placed compliments adjacent to each other to make color pop. I was really studying color theory. I have changed things around a bit but I haven't posted the changes as yet. I'm not sure that I like them and I'll have to look at them for a while or at least till the paint drys if I decide to make any corrections. And thank you for the advice.