PDA

View Full Version : Julie-Anne By The Sea

probe662
06-13-2012, 03:28 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/06-13-2012/1015502_Julie-Anne_by_the_sea.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Julie-Anne By The Sea
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24x32
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
The scenery is based (with creative artistic licensing) on the Greek Island of Santorini.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Please provide any insightful feedback you feel applies, thank you.

tgsloth
06-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Wow. Talk about blue! Julie's like some sort of angry Goddess. The heavy darkness of the hills screws up depth perspective but that's part of the charm. The only thing I'd suggest is where her top meets her skin you could add a little definition. Now the top seems not to have any thickness but looks painted on. Oh and the ear's a little big?

Dana Design
06-13-2012, 12:49 PM
All told, it's a very nice painting but something must be done with the eyes. Whites of the eyes are not really white and given the distance of the subject from the viewer, the blues of the eyes would not be that color...much too bright. A bit of work there and you have a very lovely painting!

Coen1
06-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Obviously you're a skilled painter. You've created an intriguing painting. It's a pity though, colours don't match everywhere. Maybe you could have chosen all colours blue or blueish.
But I do like your work. You succeeded in turning a rather common pose into a somewhat mysterious painting.

Avena Cash
06-14-2012, 07:21 PM
The picture is really striking and I love the intent gaze, the blue, the simplified objects. There seem to be anatomy inaccuracies through the shoulders and the arm, and they really jump out at me. Length of arm, placement of shadows, armpit and the angle of the lower shoulder connecting to torso all seem to be off.