PDA

View Full Version : Guess who I just met in person?

bnoonan
06-21-2003, 08:41 PM
Mikki!!! I was just at the Berkeley, California Farmers Market Craft Fair and Mikki came by with her hubbie and introduced themselves. It was great to share a few stories (oh so briefly) and talk art with one of my fellow WC'ers.

Unfortunately we didn't have a digital camera to document the event but I will tell you it made my day!!!

Barb

Redsy333
06-21-2003, 08:56 PM
Aw Barb Im so jealous!!:D:D:D lol
That is so wonderful that you all got to meet like that!! What a wonderful moment and a great way to complete your day;)

christmascarolnz
06-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Barb, you are lucky. It would be great to meet a few more wc'ers. I have had the pleasure of meeting Lulu considering we share the same town.
Carol

Chelle
06-21-2003, 10:31 PM
Did one of you recognise the other from the tinyhead?

Kathryn Wilson
06-21-2003, 10:35 PM
I'm going to meet a WC'er for lunch this next week! We are both excited about our first meeting - so nice to find someone with a like interest. We're going to view a gallery and then lunch!

:D :D :D

Mikki Petersen
06-21-2003, 11:39 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! It was so wonderful to finally meet in person! We got lost trying to find our way around Berkeley, so only got to visit for about 30 minutes but we shall meet again! Barb shared info with me about the San Francisco Women Artists and I think I might join their group. She also showed me her portfolio and...well, you all already know it was fabulous. We have invited up to visit our new home next month so we can have more time to chat and to paint!

My hubby said afterwards that he could not remember when he has seen me so excited. We were both talking so fast like old chums. Well, we are "virtually". I had trouble explaining to DH what the difference is in talking art with a peer and talking art with family and friends. I so envy all you Brits planning a get together. You will have a blast!

Anyway, Barb is just like her personna here on WC, warm, friendly and enthusiastic. It was so worth the trip to Berkeley. Can't wait until we get together again.

christmascarolnz
06-22-2003, 02:42 AM
Barb and Mikki - How far do you two live from each other?
Carol

soap
06-22-2003, 03:38 AM
Wow, how great!
Yes, I do hope we Brits can set the get-together up - all our eyes are on Smudge....:D :D

Dark_Shades
06-22-2003, 04:51 AM
ohhhhhh pooH!...... Im jealous lol ........ ohhhh so you get to sit on that wonderful porch .......... NEXT Time...... we DEMAND photos

:D

butterfly
06-22-2003, 07:38 AM
Mikki and Barb how wonderful for both of you being able to meet face-to-face and share ... I am so envious ...

That's why I love going to classes ... I make so many "art" friends and love sharing ....

Happy for you both ....

Butterfly/Roni

meowmeow
06-22-2003, 09:08 AM
That sounds like great fun! I'm jealous too!

Sandy

angeline
06-22-2003, 10:43 AM
Oh how nice! Yes we demand photos next time!

bnoonan
06-22-2003, 06:17 PM
You can be sure we'll have photos from the next visit since I'm destined to visit that gorgeous home. Mikki's hubby tells me there's lots of scenery to paint there so I'm packing up my greens and yellows and ready to go this summer. Mikki - he did say I could spend the night - right???

We did get a lot of talking in within our short visit but not nearly enough - wish you all could have been there.

Something to keep in mind for your gathering in England - Plan on plenty of time to talk and little time to paint - even though that may be the purpose of the event. There is so much to share when we all have art in common.

Cathy - we live about an 80 minutes drive from each other. Not a bad ride either through the golden hills in the east bay.

Kat - have a good lunch.

And as for Mikki - she's a gem and just exactly as I imagined her to be from our visits on line. It's great to have another friend in my life!

Barb

Mo.
06-22-2003, 06:51 PM
I think this is just fabulous to have met up with a fellow WC artist, more fabulous that you are going to Mikki's to paint and stay the night, I'm so envious of you two... Yes, lots of photos next time, I can see a very firm friendship in the making here....

This is just Brill.:)

cheers,
Mo.

doe
06-23-2003, 07:47 AM
What fun - You are so lucky to have met each other - I'm envious too! Bet you'll be yakking away on that porch in no time!

Mikki Petersen
06-24-2003, 01:37 PM
Barb and I were talking about how envious we are of the gathering all you Brits are planning so we all have our plans.

I agree with Barb, you need to plan lots of talking time. I don't think I've talked as much or as fast in my life as I did in our little one hour visit, and that between Barb working her booth at the show. Also bring along some of your artwork to share. I dodn't think to but Barb had her portfolio with her. What fun to see real images.