PDA

View Full Version : Cotswold Walk

Mikey
06-12-2012, 07:51 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/06-12-2012/28043_Cotswold_walk.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Cotswold Walk
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 8 x 8 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I love walking round these hills, but don't seem to get there these days. They are about 40 miles and more south of me.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What would you rather see, this landscape or a beautiful Chinese woman.

All other comments welcome.

tony1
06-12-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm greedy I want to see both the beautiful Chinese woman and the landscape as both are so well done.

I would like to see a bit more definition in the mid ground. I think the change from foreground to background is too quick, just a bit of mid ground. But maybe not, there's a nice softness to this. Beautifully done.

eyecandy2
06-12-2012, 10:32 AM
I agree with tony1.

Booker1
06-12-2012, 10:48 AM
I like the cotswolds and for that reason I personally I would like to see more landscape. I am keen to see the buildings in the picture and what goes on beyond. it is such a lovely place it would be a shame to have the eye distracted with a beautiful lady.

crazywoman53
06-12-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm enjoying the landscape, because you post so few of them and I am partial to landscapes no matter how beautiful the woman may be. A couple things to ponder: The brown V shaped section in the lower right is not abstract and distracts from the painting.. would suggest altering that shape some. Add some stronger values and sharper edges to the closest figure to bring it into the foreground more. Right now all three figures appear to be on the same value plane but my head is telling me they are not because of their size difference and the placement on the canvas. I love the softness of this and enjoy seeing a bit of your world. :)

Mikey
06-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks for commenting Tony and Phil.

Thanks Booker. I've been painting Chinese women for some time now, but some people at home think it's got to be a bit too much.

Thanks for he valued crits crazy.

tgsloth
06-13-2012, 07:17 AM
what cw said