PDA

View Full Version : Which creative selection would you like to discuss with our Summer chatgroup?

DanaT
06-21-2003, 05:59 AM
OK here's the last poll for awhile! :D

Most everyone in the last poll (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114328&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) strongly insisted that we are not going to have the time and energy to commit to a homework-intensive creativity program this summer.

BUT..

We want to do something together to keep our creativity going this summer and we want to benefit from the support that comes from the energy of meeting regularly with other creatives so we will have the energy to begin another intensive program in September.

So here are two non-intensive choices for us to choose from to go through together this summer. No homework, no assignments, no writing, just reading (or listening) and meeting together in chat once a week to discuss.

Book - The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0446671002/103-7230805-4275029?v=glance&s=books)

Cassette Tapes - The Creative Fire, read by author Clarissa Pinkola Estes (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1564552128/qid=1056188192/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/002-9154795-5152032?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)

Let us know which you prefer and we'll start the week of July 13. This poll will close this Thursday, June 3 to give everyone time to buy and start the selection the group has chosen.

Look forward to getting together with all you creatives on a new exciting adventure! :D

ScarletLake
06-21-2003, 08:15 AM
HI Dana

I'm going to vote for the Tapes. I just read the reviews on Amazon & think this would be very good.

I have 2 books I'm reading now & it would be so simple to just put these on & listen. Then discuss with group.

Anita

ScarletLake
06-21-2003, 08:18 AM
Dana

OK I'm going to post message to Scott right now.

I still can't get the VOTE to take so add mine to the tapes.

It keeps saying session invalid.

Anita

DanaT
06-21-2003, 08:55 AM
Yes, scarlet, tell Scott you can't vote and check out the Wetcanvas Site Discussions. I think someone else had that problem and got a solution there.

Looking forward to your joining us this summer. :)

BeyondTheNineSquares
06-21-2003, 10:01 AM
There are so many books that I'm excited about reading right now, but at this moment neither of these float to the top. I'm leaning toward the tapes, since the more I check into the first book the more it loses something for me, although I can't put a finger on it. There's just something there that's starting to put me off a bit. I tend not to be drawn to "new age" things and maybe that's it. Sorry, I can't really put a label on it, it's just a feeling.

I really do want to stay with the group, so I'll see what more I can find out about the tapes. Maybe that'll be the one. I love the concept of them being something I can pop into the car on the way to everywhere.

SparrowHawk
06-21-2003, 01:52 PM
I would also like to vote for the tapes. I am on vacation, currently using someone else's computer and I get an "invalid" message. I won't be back home till July 14th. Off to troubleshoot...

coolartsybabe
06-21-2003, 10:03 PM
I'm pulling for the book. My local library has "The Celestine Prophecy: An Adventure" but not the tapes. I haven't heard of these tapes until today but I've heard lots of positive feedback on "The Celestine Prophecy."

Plus, the joy of curling up with a good book and a cup of tea brings me such pleasure. When I've tried listening to books on tape in the past, I am doing something else at the same time and end up blocking out what I'm listening to because I'm so focused on whatever else I'm doing.

DanaT
06-21-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by DanaT

This poll will close this Thursday, June 3 to give everyone time to buy and start the selection the group has chosen.

Oops, Rose Queen informed me that this Thursday is June 26 not June 3! Never could read a calendar! :rolleyes:

The poll is closing THIS THURSDAY, JUNE 26 not June 3 and not July 3 which is the Thursday AFTER next!

Sorry for the confusion.

sparrowhawk, check the messages in the WetCanvas Site Discussion forum for solutions to not being able to vote in a poll. I know others have had this problem. If you don't see an answer, post a new thread in the Site Discussion forum with a message to Scott explaining your problem. I think he's checking that forum pretty frequently since he updated the new look and feel.

SparrowHawk
06-22-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by DanaT
sparrowhawk, check the messages in the WetCanvas Site Discussion forum for solutions to not being able to vote in a poll. I know others have had this problem. If you don't see an answer, post a new thread in the Site Discussion forum with a message to Scott explaining your problem. I think he's checking that forum pretty frequently since he updated the new look and feel.
Done and done. Scott says it is an aol problem that can't be fixed at present. :( Since I am stuck with aol till I return home, can I have my vote for the tapes logged in per special request? If not, doesn't matter. I will take whatever comes, with thanks.

ScarletLake
06-22-2003, 05:28 PM
Dana

Thanks

I found the Site Discussions forum & I'm an AOL user too so assuming that is why I can't vote per computer.

Anita

SparrowHawk
06-22-2003, 06:01 PM
Okay, I was able to vote after all. I got onliine via aol, minimized the aol window and logged onto Internet Explorer instead. If you have IE or another non-aol browser on your computer, you could try that, ScarletLake.

DanaT
06-22-2003, 06:21 PM
Glad you got it fixed sparrowhawk.

Scarlet, do you have the Internet Explorer application on your computer?

Once you log on with AOL, look in your applications folder for Internet Explorer. Open Internet Explore and log on the WetCanvas from there - not the AOL window.

Then try to vote. If you don't have it, I found the page where you can download the latest version on Microsoft's site. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/

If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll figure something out.

BTW, I think its better to access Wetcanvas site from Internet Explorer or Netscape rather than AOL. AOL doesn't use the regular Internet protocol to access the web.

melaleuca
06-24-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by coolartsybabe
When I've tried listening to books on tape in the past, I am doing something else at the same time and end up blocking out what I'm listening to because I'm so focused on whatever else I'm doing. [/B]

Ditto - don't know why though :(

I voted for the book. I have the workbook but not the tapes or a cassette palyer.

coolartsybabe
06-24-2003, 02:54 AM
I checked Amazon.com for "The Celestine Prophecy." What I discovered were:

The Celestine Prophecy: An Adventure
The Celestine Prophecy: A Concise Guide To The 9 Insights
The Celestine Prophecy: A Pocket Guide to the 9 Insights
The Celestine Prophecy: An Experiential Guide

They are all written by the same author. Soooooo, will the real Celetine Prophecy that would be used by the Wet Canvas Group please stand up!!!

The more I read about this book, or all of them for that matter, the more I wanna read it, them,

Anyhoo...if we do go with The Celestine Prophecy, which one will we use?

DanaT
06-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Argghh! Coolsy! I know its confusing! We had the same problem with the Artists Way when we began that. It seems that when these authors get a successful formula they're enticed by their publishing companies to produce companion guides, pocket guides, etc.

We're voting on the original book (see link above) Its the first one in your list. The Celestine Prophecy - An Adventure.

paintergirl
06-24-2003, 10:03 PM
I would like to join in on this summer chat group if possible. I read the Celestine Prophecy several years back...excellent read and would make for interesting discussions. Is this open to anyone? :D

DanaT
06-25-2003, 08:46 AM
Yes, Julia.

Go ahead and make your vote. I'll announce the winner this Friday with the schedule for the chats.

Nice to have you join us. :)

Dana