PDA

View Full Version : old picture, new enthusiasm

fadinglights
06-21-2003, 04:50 AM
This picture was done in 1996. It is the last picture that I have done but I opened as set of Rapidograph pens today that I purchased over a year ago. This site has really inspired me to get back to work!

The picture is (of course) pen and ink/ink wash. It is scanned inside the frame so it is not a good quality scan. Also, it doesn't show the entire picture, but I'm sure you get the jist of it!

Thanks WC for the new-found inspiration!!!!

Sharon

Jakeally
06-21-2003, 05:14 AM
This is a beautiful piece Sharon. I especially like the way you handled the glass.
I am so glad Wet Canvas has inspired you to get your pens out.:D Looking forward to lots more posts:cat:

MonicaB
06-21-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Jakeally
This is a beautiful piece Sharon. I especially like the way you handled the glass.
I am so glad Wet Canvas has inspired you to get your pens out.:D Looking forward to lots more posts:cat:

Chris just said everything I was going to say!!! :D This is beautiful and I can't wait to see more.

surreal
06-21-2003, 11:20 AM
It is a beauty.

MarciaJane
06-21-2003, 02:08 PM
This is GREAT Sharon. !!!!!!! N ice piece of work.

Marcia

artdude
06-22-2003, 10:31 AM
AWESOME ink work Sharon!! The wash works well for the glass on the lantern! :) A nice mix of stippling and ink wash :D Look forward to seeing MORE ink work from you :D

WELCOME to WC and THE Pen & Ink forum!!! :D:)

Elankat
06-22-2003, 11:09 AM
Hi Sharon. Welcome to WetCanvas! :D

This is a lovely image. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

BTDogMom
06-22-2003, 09:10 PM
Sharon, This is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the tatterd Bible and the glass on the lantern - it's simply beautiful!..Welcome 2 the WC!!! I'm looking 4ward 2 c'ing more of your stuff :D :clap: :clap:

fadinglights
06-23-2003, 12:15 AM
Thank you, everyone, for such nice comments. I know that I am going to enjoy this site- I have looked for hours and hours at everyone's work. There is some of the finest work I've seen posted at this site!!!!

You are all so positive and nice.... the kind of place I like to hang my hat!!!

Thanks again,
Sharon

dolors
06-23-2003, 01:29 AM
Welcome to Wet Canvas and specially to the Pen and Ink forum. I love your drawing. I can't wait to see more of your work.

DSPIT
06-23-2003, 01:35 AM
welcome to WC and would love to see more. This is excellant. Funny how things come around heh? Looking forward to more.

Bob

sassybird
06-23-2003, 01:52 PM
Welcome to Wetcanvas! It is great to see that another artist has been inspired to show here:) Don't let anything distract you from your work again. You are very talented, and once art is in your blood you will only suffer when you don't let those images out:D Glad to have you aboard!

amanda
06-24-2003, 04:16 AM
That's so great that you're painting again, I like this alot and you have a lot of talent. Thanks for sharing and being so brave to do so in one of your first posts!

Oldthumbs
06-24-2003, 10:58 AM
Very nice. Good technique.What kind of pen did you use for this?

fadinglights
06-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Thanks for looking! I used a .30 rapidograph. That was the only pen I had for so long- till last year when I bought a set. Kind of nervous to try out the other sizes! lol (got them on sale though; can't pass up a going out of business sale!)

Sharon

drwells
06-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Wow! Awesome! I'm glad you have joined us. We are a fun group. Can't wait to see what you create next.

Danny

jjsangel
06-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Hey Sharon. Welcome to WC (love your name, by the way...LOL)
Your work is great. Like everyone has said, I love the way you've done the glass on the lantern, and your patterns and shading. You really should never stop doing your art because you are very, very good. You will really be inspired by this site. It has made a great difference to me. I hadn't drawn much in years until I found this site (wish I had found it a long time ago...such wasted time.) Now I draw almost every day. It has really helped me grow and be more confident in my work. Everyone here is so nice and willing to help, so don't be afraid to ask questions or for advice. Really glad to have you here!!!:D

Mz_Sketch_Pad
07-08-2003, 03:26 PM
it's great! Learning how to do ink washes is on the top of my to-do list. I hope mine are as wonderful as yours...

dillydog
07-08-2003, 07:28 PM
I like how the wire on the lamp is in the same shape as the butterfly.
Nice job.:cat:

Omman542
07-09-2003, 09:50 PM
I really like this! I've come back to look at it a few times. Play of textures looks soooo good! :clap: :clap:

Dave.t
07-10-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by jjsangel
Hey Sharon. Welcome to WC (love your name, by the way...LOL)
Your work is great. Like everyone has said, I love the way you've done the glass on the lantern, and your patterns and shading. You really should never stop doing your art because you are very, very good. You will really be inspired by this site. It has made a great difference to me. I hadn't drawn much in years until I found this site (wish I had found it a long time ago...such wasted time.) Now I draw almost every day. It has really helped me grow and be more confident in my work. Everyone here is so nice and willing to help, so don't be afraid to ask questions or for advice. Really glad to have you here!!!:D

Well said ...goes for me too:)

Really looking forward to seeing more work Sharon.

fadinglights
07-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Thanks again to everyone for such nice comments and so much encouragement!!!! I haven't been on the computer the last week or so and didnt realize that this thread was still active!

I love looking at others work so much that it is hard to get back to mine!!! Ya'll are all soooo good!

Sharon