PDA

View Full Version : A dilemma about composition

jackiesimmonds
06-21-2003, 04:00 AM
I have followed this thread in the composition forum with interest... it is all about a pastel painting done by one of our very own........but the most interesting responses have come from one of the moderators in that forum, Henrik, and I think the result is a most fascinating learning thread, useful to everyone here. So do go have a look if you have a mo - it isn't too long, but is excellent "teaching".

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106874&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Incidentally, the composition forum is one worth participating in. Sadly, it is a rather slow forum, and it could do with the energy of the people in this forum, as it is really helpful by and large.

Jackie

Artistammy
06-21-2003, 05:53 PM
Thanks for pointing this out, Jackie. It's a very interesting thread & I also think I will pay more attention to the Composition forum.

Vegas Art Guy
06-21-2003, 06:44 PM
That was great, at first I thought YOU were the one with the problem :p, of course now I know better.... I need to visit that forum more often, you'd think as a graphic designer I'd know better...:D

Greg

Chelle
06-21-2003, 07:41 PM
This is very informative. I have started just hanging out in the Composition forum lately just reading and trying to absorb.

angeline
06-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Jackie I often pop in there to look at the wealth of advise......yes it is a slow one.........as yet i haven't attempted to set up a still life, or compose a full picture from life.....i will be there for advise i'm sure when i do feel ready to start.