PDA

View Full Version : Online art courses from London Art College

artistat38
06-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Was checking out online art programs and found a website on the London Art College...they seem to have many short courses at very affordable prices.

Is there anyone on Wetcanvas who has been through their courses.Any info will be very useful as I could not find any reviews on the net except on their own website.

Would really appreciate any information on the same....

prashanti

*Deirdre*
06-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Prashanti...I cannot vouch for this - never having taken one of their courses...I just thought I'd bump your post back up so that it doesn't get missed. No doubt, someone will have seen this and be able to inform you further.:)

artistat38
06-12-2012, 02:20 AM
thanks Dierdre.....

prashanti

Ruthie57
06-18-2012, 06:35 AM
Hi Prashanti. I have done a Pet Portraits course with the LAC, some time ago now. I'll PM you with some more info.

artistat38
06-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks Ruthie.....really appreciate that.....

prashanti

barriespapa
06-21-2012, 12:50 AM
Great thread prashanti but how am I going to find out about it unless Ruthie pm's me too:D

Nicola.P
01-04-2014, 02:32 AM
I am also considering taking one oc thier courses.
Did you ever give them a go? If so how did you get on?

Thanks.

Ruthie57
01-04-2014, 06:36 AM
Nicola I have replied to your PM. And in view of what David said above (all that time ago) I'll reproduce my reply to Nicola here.

To be honest it's quite a while since I did a pet portrait course with LAC, 2008/9 in fact. It may have changed a lot since then. I know the tutor has changed. At that time I was a beginner and, because of that, I found it useful. The exercises helped me to focus and the requirement (in my course) to use different media gave me an insight into which medium I preferred....pastels!!! There is plenty of help and critique from the tutor which you can refer back to when doing the next assignments. It really depends whether you find a correspondence course is right for you. It is not the same as having a tutor beside you giving advice on the go.
So I cannot tell you whether or not their courses are worth the cost to you. I hope this has helped a little.