PDA

View Full Version : will you miss me?

jackiesimmonds
06-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Well, if you do not see my name in these posts for a while, it is because I just heard the news that I have been commissioned to write yet another book.............on Watercolours this time!!! So, once I get going, I won't be able to spend quite so much time with you guys.

This bit of quite nice, if somewhat scary, news, came along at the same time as the news that my first book PASTELS WORKSHOP has just been ordered yet again, in the French version - they want another 5000 of them, and also my book called YOU CAN SKETCH, which is a book for beginners on sketching in various mediums, has been taken up by Watson Guptill, they have ordered 7000. I realise this is a tiny drop in the vast US ocean - but from little acorns....................

I shall trust all you pastelling peeps to keep up the good work; I will try to drop in from time to time to cast an eye over the work being done, but do forgive me if I don't get too involved in the threads until I have finished the book, which will involve a bit of travelling and interviewing other artists.

As I said - really scary. I often wonder why I say yes to these things.............

Jackie

Smudger
06-20-2003, 11:40 AM
Oh Wow! Congratulations Jackie:clap: :clap:...your will be sorely missed of course:crying:

Good Luck

Hope to see you back here soon:D

angeline
06-20-2003, 12:23 PM
OOhhhhhh Jackie thats fab news for you and rotten for us!....lol
Yes you will be missed........but in your absence I shall pursue live sketching and be filling my little book up.
I did a little jug I found on the ward last night......and it was fun for practice...even just in pen.
Come back soon.

bnoonan
06-20-2003, 02:25 PM
Congratulations on both successes - the new book and the re-order in French. Have fun with the latest project and I'm sure it will be as great as the other things you've mastered.

Best wishes.

Barb

soap
06-20-2003, 02:35 PM
Congratulations Jackie! Your succes is an inspiration to us. You deserve every bit of it

And of course we'll miss you! The voice of reality! ;)

Good luck with the watery stuff!

Vegas Art Guy
06-20-2003, 02:49 PM
Congrats on your sucesses, I'm sure we'll be seeing your smiling face on the Amazon.com best sellers list fairly soon... :D

meowmeow
06-20-2003, 04:22 PM
That's exciting news! I have missed you but am glad to see it is something nice keeping you busy.
I'm sure you will do a wonderful job...in fact I look forward to the book. Interestingly, I have signed up for a 4 week watercolor class up here in Maine, starting this Tuesday.
Good luck! I'm sure you will do a super job!

Sandy

jackiesimmonds
06-20-2003, 04:57 PM
thanks everyone.

I'll be around for a week or two yet.
And there is going to be another article coming out, I believe, tho it is really for beginners.

Jackie

BTDogMom
06-20-2003, 05:14 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Jackie!!! I'm thrilled 4 u :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

elf
06-20-2003, 09:45 PM
That's great, Jackie! Congratulations.

Yes, I'm sure we will miss you but you'll be back and of course it's a nice thing for you. I imagine you'll feel like tearing your hair out sometimes, but you've done books before and you'll do a great job this time.

Dyin
06-21-2003, 12:01 AM
Congratulations, Jackie...you've been a help in getting me to try things a little differently...good luck, I'm sure it'll be a huge success!

angecald
06-21-2003, 12:43 AM
Way to go, Jackie! Your editors are showing good sense in asking you to do another book when the earlier ones have been so successful. I'll miss your posts, because they're always stimulating, so don't become a complete stranger.

mhimeswc
06-22-2003, 12:09 AM
Congratulations on your new book, and on the reprinting of Pastel Workshop. I hope you do still find time to drop in occasionally. I always learn a lot from your posts.

Michelle

Mikki Petersen
06-22-2003, 12:14 AM
Well darn...I'm so happy for your well deserved success but I will so miss your posts. I learn more from your direct discussion of people's paintings than I could ever learn from a book.

I will paint from life, I will paint from life, I will, I will I will....

Much luck with the new project and we will be waiting for you to come back to us.

Artaholic
06-22-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by 1mpete
Well darn...I'm so happy for your well deserved success but I will so miss your posts. I learn more from your direct discussion of people's paintings than I could ever learn from a book.

I will paint from life, I will paint from life, I will, I will I will....

Much luck with the new project and we will be waiting for you to come back to us.
My sentiments exactly!! we will miss you and just as I was getting ready to do a still life from real objects :D Guess I will have to hurry!!

By the way I do not think that what you have going is just a drop in the bucket!! Way to go:clap: :clap:

Gerry

zilloot
06-23-2003, 01:10 PM
wow wow wow

that's all just brilliant Jackie!!

I hope i haven't missed you - i'm on holiday (shhhh) and have sneaked online for a quick hello!!!

all the best with the writing.....no stopping you now......

Fiona

MarciaJane
06-23-2003, 01:49 PM
Congratulations Jackie - good luck with the new book !!!

Marcia

Drumbeat-trish
06-23-2003, 02:38 PM
Congrats Jackie. I am sure your watercolour book will be wonderful, and as everyone esle said you will very definitely be missed :) :)

Katherine J
06-23-2003, 04:01 PM
Congratulations, Jackie. That's wonderful news. Your books are obviously very popular to have such great reprints. I'm married to a writer and I don't think those numbers are a drop in the bucket by any means - or they wouldn't be in this bucket where we live! And wow, Watson Guptill!!

We'll miss your participation and terrific advice. I, for one, could use a good watercolour book as it's a medium I just can't seem to grasp.

Look forward to having you back again.

Katherine

sundiver
06-23-2003, 04:07 PM
I'll definitely miss all your wonderful advice, so freely and cheerfully given. But I'll have your book and video to keep me warm!:D
Looking forward to that new book!

MarshaSavage
06-24-2003, 10:55 AM
Jackie,

This is most wonderful news! We will, as everyone has said, miss your very insightful posts. You seem to be able to say in so few words just the right thing to get us thinking along the right lines.

Looking forward to seeing your new book in print at some point in the not to distant future!

When we get someone of your caliber posting here, it doesn't seem like they get to stay around very long -- you are in such demand! But, highly understandable. We look forward to hearing from you after your project.

Marsha

jackiesimmonds
06-25-2003, 03:18 AM
Hey Marsha - take a look at my date of joining! I've been around for AGES!!!! I have watched lots of others come and go, while I have been around, hogging the board.

I have no doubt I won't be able to resist popping in from time to time.

thanks for all the good wishes, everyone.

Jackie

flower
06-25-2003, 06:56 AM
Hi Jackie,

I`m so happy for you, ive learnt a lot from you in such a short time, you must be really excited, it must be wonderful to have so many successes, i wish you all the best with your new project