PDA

View Full Version : Singular Sensation

crazywoman53
06-09-2012, 04:01 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/06-09-2012/137465_Singular-Sensation.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Singular Sensation
Year Created:
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 8 x 10
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I dreamed of this painting the other night so finally got up and put it to paper. The purple balls actually have about three or four different colors of purple but the photo made them all one glob. It's bright.. but I wanted it that way. Don't think the yellow greens are quite as bright as they show here though.

This is actually on Pastel Panel.. a new product for me but I think I like it. Pan pastels with a few sticks.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
C/C welcome

maryinasia
06-10-2012, 07:56 AM
ahh....quite happy... love it.

lunchbox
06-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Perfect!

eyecandy2
06-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Too pretty for such a small format. I can visualize a beautiful woman standing in a field of flowers like this ala Pinot. Wish I had the talent to paint it, but maybe you can. Nice work.

crazywoman53
06-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks Lunchbox and Maryinasia.. glad you liked it.
Phil.. I wish I could paint beautiful women.. Maybe one day but right now if I put any figure in a painting like this it would be ruined from the get go. I think the viewer is better left with their imagination.. then they can make the woman as beautiful as their minds allow. :) Thanks for commenting.

allanom
06-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Really strong, well-realized piece. Be proud!

greensyster
06-12-2012, 04:32 AM
Really delightful 'eye candy'. To move it along more may I suggest (and if not I will clobber you with my aul) :D

The darkest darks are up in the left and right hand corners which doesn't work so well for a sense of perspective for me.

The backgrounds are very strongly red compliment but where oh where is the purple compliment for balance? These and other searching questions, I pose!

tgsloth
06-12-2012, 08:06 AM
It's kinda cool and different. I think what makes it work is the excellent randomization throughout. Wish I was a bee.

crazywoman53
06-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks Allen! :)

Ouch Marie! be gentle with that clobbering! lol.. Actually I was initially heading more for the analogous/tertiary colors of the purple, orange and darker red. The reds are not quite as bright red as they photographed. I played around with a lighter background but couldn't get the light to bounce the way I wanted so figured I could break the rules some since this is a small canvas and really more of a close up view than a long range one. That's my story and I'm sticking to it as I run from your aul!

Bob.. thanks.. this probably needs a bee in there somewhere doesn't it.?