PDA

View Full Version : color separations

tokyojef
06-20-2003, 03:27 AM
hi!..im new here........hows everyone???????...............i want to take the crayon batik i made and print it in 4 color process...my question is im old school,,,so the new school for color separations on photoshop etc.is?????,,,,could some one give me pointers in the right direction?...the piece is 24x36 inches...actually a series of 9....im not sure what is needed for the printer in terms of ready image,etc.........or i could print 4 color myself,i am still trying to figure how to do my own separions that large if possible at least expensive.........thanks for reading my long question :) tokyojef:cool: :D :clap: :phttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jun-2003/22981-sapporo.jpg

timelady
06-21-2003, 04:29 PM
You'd get answers in the computer /technical forums better than here (printmaking, not printing). But I know the answer. :)

You need to check the mode (Image - Mode) is CMYK. Then save the file as a .psd in the end WITH layers. Make sure it doesn't flatten it - there's a little checkbox in the save menu that sometimes can be ticked by default. Your printer should then be able to use the CYMK channels to print. But really, no one needs the separations anymore for digital printing. You can ask your printer what they need. :)

Tina.

sassybird
06-22-2003, 02:05 PM
I love this piece! For you color separations I have to tell you that I am old school too. Years of graphics work before the computers came around. So, I am used to doing my color separations through layers of negatives by blocking out certain parts. Timelady is right. The computer or digital forum will give you the best answers. Ask digistyle over in digital. He has a lot of knowledge.

tokyojef
06-22-2003, 07:34 PM
i got to say thank you!....youse here at wet canvas are all super,each and everyone!..i really hope the best in all your projects going on now......with this kind of spirit here,,a real revolution can take place and affect how people should treat each other in all facets of life!...peace:) :D :clap: :clap:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jun-2003/22981-shibuya.jpg