PDA

View Full Version : June 10 Paintalong - Questions, comments, paintings relating to JUNE 10

sherrysherman
06-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi all--

So there has been some discussion about how to keep these threads "on topic," including whether that's even possible. [My opinion: It's not. Herding cats metaphor.]

Here's what I suggest be in this thread:
- Comments and questions about the June 10 Paintalong, including medium, size, palette, surface prep, etc.
- Ref photo (which will also be referenced in J's email)
- J's final painting
- Students' paintings based on the June 10 paintalong
- Comments and critiques about the paintings that are posted.

Try to keep extraneous chit-chat and interaction to a minimum. (I know, we can't help ourselves.) :rolleyes:

Please DON'T POST general discussion relating to the paintalongs as a whole, including comments about ustream, technical glitches, suggestions for future paintalongs, dates and times, "where's the thread for XYZ?", how awesome Johannes is for doing these, etc - those should go in the Paint Along Discussion thread, here: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1114192
or in some other relevant thread.

EXCEPTION: Johannes can post anything he wants here. :)

Here's what NOT to post, here or anywhere: J's email or the link to get the photos, download the videos, etc, because those reveal the Secret Password. (Oh, and don't post the password.) NOTE: I don't think Johannes has sent the email yet.

xli
06-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Sherry, do you know what medium Jo is going to use on June 10?

Johannes Instructor
06-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Sherry, do you know what medium Jo is going to use on June 10?
The info and the reference photos are up now in the student access page. I will post the drawing a bit later.

sherrysherman
06-08-2012, 03:44 PM
The info and the reference photos are up now in the student access page. I will post the drawing a bit later.

Anticipating the comment, "I didn't get the email!" -- The link to the student access page is contained in all of those emails Johannes sent out on June 1 for last week's class. The email subject line was "New Paint Along access page." Go look for that email, in your in-box, in your spam/junk folder, or wherever you might have saved it. Follow the link to see or download the FOUR ref photos, the medium (oil), and eventually, the drawing.

Amandine
06-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Jo, please tell me what's the purpose of the 2nd photo among the 4 references submitted (the one with a blue boat). I compared all the photos to you drawing and can easily see the house, the sky (for the mood) and the rocks. But the 2nd one ??? :confused:

Sgourlayart
06-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Jo, please tell me what's the purpose of the 2nd photo among the 4 references submitted (the one with a blue boat). I compared all the photos to you drawing and can easily see the house, the sky (for the mood) and the rocks. But the 2nd one ??? :confused:Amandine, that photo is in there to make sure that we all pay attention during the paintalong or we will not know how it fits in! This is the teacher's trick to keep the chit chat down and the focus up! Stu

Amandine
06-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Amandine, that photo is in there to make sure that we all pay attention during the paintalong or we will not know how it fits in! This is the teacher's trick to keep the chit chat down and the focus up! Stu
Well, I'll focus on the paintalong Stuart, I'll focus ... :lol:

HazelP
06-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Amandine, that photo is in there to make sure that we all pay attention during the paintalong or we will not know how it fits in! This is the teacher's trick to keep the chit chat down and the focus up! Stu

Good one Stu!!! Think I've spotted where Jo uses it. Hazel

Johannes Instructor
06-09-2012, 03:30 PM
I have some good news for you all. I have added a second camera to my system that will allow
simultaneous broadcast of the color mixing on my palette. You can use the pop out option for the painting
video screen and place the palette mixing screen next to it in 2 separate windows. This is like you are standing right
behind me now. You can also have the text chat in a third window if you wish. All together on your desktop screen.
Here is the link for the camera focused on the video screen
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wetcanvaslive1
Here is the link for the color mixing video screen:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/palettecamera
The palette screen does not require a password.
Open these in two separate browser windows. Make sure you have figured this out before the class begins
so Johannes can give his class without interruptions due to people not knowing how to do this. Here is how it
should look:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jun-2012/135220-Untitled-1.jpg

Johannes Instructor
06-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Jo, please tell me what's the purpose of the 2nd photo among the 4 references submitted (the one with a blue boat). I compared all the photos to you drawing and can easily see the house, the sky (for the mood) and the rocks. But the 2nd one ??? :confused:
The boat will be added next to the house. I will do that during the painting.

Amandine
06-09-2012, 03:40 PM
The boat will be added next to the house. I will do that during the painting.
Something for us to make sure we pay attention during all the demo ?
Sorry Stu, the chit chat will keep going on ... :)

paintncook
06-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I have some good news for you all. I have added a second camera to my system that will allow
simultaneous broadcast of the color mixing on my palette. You can use the pop out option for the painting
video screen and place the palette mixing screen next to it in 2 separate windows. This is like you are standing right
behind me now. You can also have the text chat in a third window if you wish. All together on your desktop screen.
Here is the link for the camera focused on the video screen
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wetcanvaslive1
Here is the link for the color mixing video screen:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/palettecamera
The palette screen does not require a password.
Open these in two separate browser windows. Make sure you have figured this out before the class begins
so Johannes can give his class without interruptions due to people not knowing how to do this. Here is how it
should look:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jun-2012/135220-Untitled-1.jpg
Things just keep getting better and better. Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow - will have to catch up by viewing the video later.

spudsmom
06-09-2012, 07:36 PM

As a teacher of math and science I love your answer! It made me laugh out loud!

Sherri
:lol:

jillmc3
06-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Jo, will the palette shots become part of the downloadable video as well? Just curious because I can't attend the live class tomorrow and will be doing this one later via download. I know it will be wonderful either way!

Noula
06-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Jo, the addition of a palette window is so helpful for me. Watching the previous downloads , I keep pausing when you are working in your palette area. Yes, this is going to be like real! I have never attended a workshop or group class.

Johannes Instructor
06-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Jo, will the palette shots become part of the downloadable video as well? Just curious because I can't attend the live class tomorrow and will be doing this one later via download. I know it will be wonderful either way!
I will record some of it but play all of it live. Let's see what file size we end up with.The recording will have to be on a separate channel though. It does not get interweaved with the video channel.

MapperGis
06-10-2012, 11:58 AM
You are wonderful! Thank You for always looking out for us!:clap:
Lois the mapper

hanksgam
06-10-2012, 07:40 PM
OK, I'm wiped out now! Used PanPastel instead of oils and had a problem with getting things light enough! I did use the medium violet to tone the Art Spectrum suede paper but I just can't get the medium to overlay colors instead of blending with them. Aaarg!
Instead of a mood piece I think I have a depressing piece! Maybe I can just figure out how to use oils inside now that it is 90 degrees and humid as ____ outside.
I get what you are doing with the oils and the brushes but the dark to light doesn't work so well with PanPastels! I'll keep trying though.
If you have any suggestions I will accept them with an open heart!
Thanks for all you give us,
Randi

Blue Ridge Painter
06-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Thanks Jo exceptionally good today. see you next session

gourdalicious
06-10-2012, 08:38 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jun-2012/990382-IMG_3850.JPG Great class Jo, thanks again. Waiting to hear about the next paint a longs. Anyhow, got close to finishing! but would like some feedback and a little marinating time first. Appreciate the assistance. BJ

Rosemarie
06-11-2012, 01:22 AM
Great class Jo, thanks again. Waiting to hear about the next paint a longs. Anyhow, got close to finishing! but would like some feedback and a little marinating time first. Appreciate the assistance. BJ

I like the expression "marinating time"!

I think you have done a great job. The sea waves are very convincing.:clap:

Jacdesusbielle
06-11-2012, 03:48 AM
OK, I'm wiped out now! Used PanPastel instead of oils and had a problem with getting things light enough! I did use the medium violet to tone the Art Spectrum suede paper but I just can't get the medium to overlay colors instead of blending with them. Aaarg!
Instead of a mood piece I think I have a depressing piece! Maybe I can just figure out how to use oils inside now that it is 90 degrees and humid as ____ outside.
I get what you are doing with the oils and the brushes but the dark to light doesn't work so well with PanPastels! I'll keep trying though.
If you have any suggestions I will accept them with an open heart!
Thanks for all you give us,
Randi
I faced the same problem with PanPastel. So, I used them as a sort of underpainting and took pastel sticks for the highlights. Pastel pencils as well. But you're right, the look of the painting remains a bit gloomy.....

Johannes Instructor
06-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Finished painting

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jun-2012/135220-IMG_7809.jpg

pixieartist
06-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Hi Hanksgam, Sorry to hear you had troubles with your PanPastels. I also used PanPastels (I slurged on the whole 80 pan set) for this Paint-Along since I don't really do oil paintings...have some second-hand ones, and some of the oil painting stuff/mediums had been frozen before I found them in the garage last fall.... Anyway, although I do have some pastel papers..9X12, I have been using Arches 140 lb. cold-pressed W/C paper 12 X 16 (from a block of 20 sheets!). I used dioxaxine purple w/c paint and did a wash over the entire block, then let it dry overnight. Was a fair amount paler I guess, but it worked ok for me. My painting, although not finished, seems a lot paler than Jo's as the sky is quite light...I put yellowish pastel right to the top then put in the gray clouds over that at the top. Anyway, I still need to finish the water and the beach. I'll have to see if I can download a pic from my camera, but the last time I tried a couple weeks ago, I haven't been able to find them on the computer...they went somewhere...not sure where!!!
In regard to helping you, try adding the Darylide yellow tint (lightest yellow of that 'group'), or the Yellow Ochre Tint to your sky below the gray clouds...pick-up 3 swishes of the yellow and swipe onto the paper 2 maybe 3 times...at first you may start picking up the gray...use the paper towel to carefully wipe the gray off. Using the round/oval sponge may help as it will cover more space each time. I see Jo's painting just above is lighter than I remembered from yesterday afternoon, however he did more work on it today...had to miss it as I worked today and just found out about the extra demo!!! I basically used the colors that looked like what Jo had mixed...My darks I mix using Phthalo Blue Extra Dark with Violet Extra Dark and a swipe of Iron Oxide Extra Dark, depending on how dark I needed the rocks...more brown or the Red Oxide Shade to give a more reddish look to the rocks. The grayish top of the rocks looked better with Paynes Gray Tint (the lightest gray). Using the Neutral gray tint seemed too dark unless blending into the darker part of the rock. I think I also used some white on the rocks but that would definitely fight with the whitecaps on the water. Let me know how it goes for you. We are probably just figuring the best we can to get the effects we want!!! Take care, and talk with you soon. Pixieartist

hanksgam
06-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks so much! I didn't realize I could use watercolor paper for the pan pastels! Since I have been working with watercolor for the past year I have lots of sizes of Arches block paper. I can see if I did the underpainting in watercolor then the pastels aren't going to keep blending with the violet underneath! Great idea!
I am going to see if I can resurrect some of the background by used the kneaded eraser (as he mentioned today) since I have to take out the tree by the house anyway.
Then I will work on the house and the rest of the rocks. In oil, he just lays the highlights with a light hand on top of the subject which I understand but can't figure out how to do. I think I will borrow my daughter's pastels and see if I can't do it that way. I do have pastel pencils from my younger days so I'll see if that works also.
Thanks for all of your info! I'm going to give it a go.
If you need help on how to download your photos I'll be glad to help. I am kind of a computer nerd but mainly work on Macs.
I know that my husbands downloads from his camera always go into the "pictures" folder on his HP. But your camera may have a folder in their as well, say, "canon" or "kodak" or whatever kind you have.
Let me know if I can help you.
Thanks so much,
Randi:cat:

Hi Hanksgam, Sorry to hear you had troubles with your PanPastels. I also used PanPastels (I splurged on the whole 80 pan set) for this Paint-Along since I don't really do oil paintings...have some second-hand ones, and some of the oil painting stuff/mediums had been frozen before I found them in the garage last fall.... Anyway, I do have some pastel papers..9X12, I have been using Arches 140 lb. cold-pressed W/C paper (from a block of 20 sheets!) I used dioxaxine purple w/c paint and did a wash over the entire block, then let it dry overnight. Was a fair amount paler I guess, but it worked ok for me. My painting, although not finished, seems a lot paler than Jo's as the sky is quite light...I put yellowish pastel right to the top then put in the gray clouds over that at the top. Anyway, I still need to finish the water and the beach. I'll have to see if I can download a pic from my camera, but the last time I tried a couple weeks ago, I haven't been able to find on the computer...it went somewhere...not sure where!!!
In regard to helping you, try adding the Darylide yellow tint (lightest yellow of that 'group') to your sky below the gray clouds...pick-up 3 swishes of the yellow and swipe onto the paper 2 maybe 3 times...at first you may start picking up the gray...use the paper towel to carefully wipe the gray off. Using the round/oval sponge may help as it will cover more space each time. I see Jo's painting just above is lighter than I remembered from yesterday afternoon, however he did more work on it today...had to miss it as I worked today and just found out about the extra demo!!! I basically used the colors that looked like what Jo had mixed...My darks I mix using Phthalo Blue Extra Dark with Violet Extra Dark and a swipe of Iron Oxide Extra Dark, depending on how dark I needed the rocks...more brown or the Red Oxide Shade to give a more reddish look to the rocks. The grayish top of the rocks looked better with Paynes Gray Tint (the lightest gray). Using the Neutral gray tint seemed too dark unless blending into the darker part of the rock. I think I also used some white on the rocks but that would definitely fight with the whitecaps on the water. Let me know how it goes for you. We are probably just figuring the best we can to get the effects we want!!! Take care, and talk with you soon. Pixieartist

Johannes Instructor
06-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Add some shadows to the wall and corrected roof perspective.

paintncook
06-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Johannes, just when we think it's perfect you make it even more so. I'm glad you solved the mysterious object in front of the house for us. That set off a flurry of speculation. Making objects out of indeterminant shapes is something the mind likes to do. I live in a rural area and once had a pet pig, dark in color. One day I looked into the field outside my kitchen window and thought, "What's Priscilla doing out there?" Later "Priscilla" was still out there in the same spot so I went out to investigate. "Priscilla" was actually a big roll of fencing wire my husband put there. My mind turned that dark shape into a pig! Thanks for a fun and instructive time today. Kathy

LLeone
06-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Thank-you so much for the update today Jo. It was a wonderful experience to see you take a painting that we all loved and make it even more beautiful! I treasure the paint alongs, even though I wasn't able to do all of the paintings. I do have several completed finally and will try to get this one done this week. Great inspirational sessions.

Johannes Instructor
06-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Some more work

Rosemarie
06-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Hi Johannes! You haven't different names on the versions. They look the same. Beautiful though!

Jacdesusbielle
06-12-2012, 01:52 AM
I agree with Rosemarie. Can't see differences between Jo's recent versions. They must be very subtle..... But the modifications made yesterday are so much improving the painting !!!!! Thank you Jo. Your teaching is the best and you are the best for sharing your immense knowledge with us.

nougat
06-12-2012, 02:27 AM
wonderful paintalong Johannes :) thank you - and thank you also for the 'extra' last night :)

Jacdesusbielle
06-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Thank you Pixieartist for your advices on using PanPastel. Next time I'll try with wc paper, but I thought the tooth would not be enough for pastel..... But sanded paper is eating the little sponges so a smoother paper is probably better. I do have problems with PanPastel, maybe because I have only 40 of them, ie never the good tint or shade or color. I'll try to erase the sky (the trees also) and put yellow first as you recommend then grey. Jo changed a lot of things yesterday...... No doubt it's improving greatly the painting, but I don't know how I'll put with pastel those delicate and subtile touches Jo puts in some places.... If you have some tips about that, I'd be grateful .... I'm Herbeverte by the way, not chatting very much being in full screen mode most of the time.

nougat
06-12-2012, 07:56 AM
very beautiful painting Johannes.

it is surprising how different it looks from the screen grab i took last night when you had finished!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2012/15364-comparison.JPG

mickisew
06-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Jo - I am numbering your photos of the painting. Do you have a photo - or anyone - of the first painting after our session on Sunday? I would like it on file to compare. Thanks. Micki

Johannes Instructor
06-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Jo - I am numbering your photos of the painting. Do you have a photo - or anyone - of the first painting after our session on Sunday? I would like it on file to compare. Thanks. Micki
I looked for it mickie and cannot find it. I think I overwrote the previous photo but once you get the video you can make the comparison.

mickisew
06-12-2012, 02:30 PM
I looked for it micki and cannot find it. I think I overwrote the previous photo but once you get the video you can make the comparison.
Thanks for looking Jo. I will wait for the video to start again. Micki

sewnsew43
06-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Here is the painting with the trees.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2012/130719-JUNE_10.JPG

LADickerman
06-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Very nice. I wasn't able to see Monday's finishing touches. I know for sure next payday...I'm buying Jo's tree course. I'm terrible at trees. I see alot more depth in Jo's painting on the right, mostly in the trees and water. Excellent painting Jo. The bottom one with the frontal trees is detracting to the house and water. They kind of dominate the picture. I like it without those trees. There...that is my 2 cents for what it is worth. ;-)
Lori Anne

Johannes Instructor
06-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Please be patient all with the June 10 videos. I have just uploaded them all for FW to download and add to the student page. The thing is if I gave you the video I get from my video camera. The result is a sharper truer picture than the one that gets recorded on ustream but for that it takes 1 or 2 extra days. I am sure you would rather wait 48 hours more and get a better video right? Expect them to be posted today or tomorrow.

mickisew
06-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Thank you Johannes. Yes, better quality is worth the wait. Micki

Johannes Instructor
06-13-2012, 04:34 PM
No more waiting go ahead and download the three files of the June 10 Paint Along.

mickisew
06-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Evening Johannes. I downloaded the three videos - all work perfectly. Thank you! Micki

Johannes Instructor
06-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Evening Johannes. I downloaded the three videos - all work perfectly. Thank you! Micki
Quality also good huh?

LLeone
06-13-2012, 07:49 PM
The quality of the videos is excellent. I've downloaded the three and they all work perfectly. Thank-you yet again!

mickisew
06-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Quality also good huh?

Quality - like our instructor and friend - is excellent! :) Micki

nougat
06-14-2012, 03:18 AM
well said micki - i totally agree. :)

Blue Ridge Painter
06-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Does anyone know if they have corrected the 1 of 3 file for June 10, 2012. I don,t think they have I just downloaded it again and its still missing a bunch on my download.

Rosemarie
06-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Johannes will tell us when they have corrected the file!

Blue Ridge Painter
06-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Johannes will tell us when they have corrected the file!Thanks Rosemarie just thought I may have missed something, you know how it is none of us wants to miss anything Jo does.

Rosemarie
06-15-2012, 08:56 AM
No, you haven't missed anything as far as I know.

Johannes Instructor
06-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Does anyone know if they have corrected the 1 of 3 file for June 10, 2012. I don,t think they have I just downloaded it again and its still missing a bunch on my download.
Not yet. I will let you know. You can still watch the video it is missing a little over 30 min that's all.

Johannes Instructor
06-15-2012, 04:25 PM
The June 10 Part 1 paint along has been corrected. You can proceed to download the new file.

nougat
06-15-2012, 05:04 PM
thank you Jo - i will do it first thing tomorrow morning. :)

mickisew
06-15-2012, 05:15 PM
The June 10 Part 1 paint along has been corrected. You can proceed to download the new file.
Just finished downloading Part 1. To be sure, I went to the 2 hour mark, and it plays. Thank you, Johannes Micki

Johannes Instructor
06-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Just finished downloading Part 1. To be sure, I went to the 2 hour mark, and it plays. Thank you, Johannes Micki
It should play just over 3 hours.

mickisew
06-15-2012, 08:06 PM
It should play just over 3 hours.
Forgive me - I should have stated: 1.49 GB; 3:08:47

nougat
06-16-2012, 12:44 AM
oh so its 1.49gb?? that's what mine is downloading as :) still got some way to go :)

xli
06-16-2012, 05:58 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jun-2012/979242-IMG_5647.JPG

Here is my June 10 paint along. It seems less people post their paint along now. Here is my anyway. 16 x 20 oil on canvas. Thank you for viewing.

Johannes Instructor
06-16-2012, 06:25 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jun-2012/979242-IMG_5647.JPG

Here is my June 10 paint along. It seems less people post their paint along now. Here is my anyway. 16 x 20 oil on canvas. Thank you for viewing.
Wow best painting I have seen you do. Down play the rocks on left.

xli
06-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Thank you Johanne for the encouragement. It means a lot coming from you. After all, it is your painting and your design. I just copied it, but I did learn a lot from copying your painting. The rocks both on the left and right look strong after you pointed it out. Should I down play only the one on the left? Do you think the ones on the right are okay? Thank you again for the great courses.

Johannes Instructor
06-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Thank you Johanne for the encouragement. It means a lot coming from you. After all, it is your painting and your design. I just copied it, but I did learn a lot from copying your painting. The rocks both on the left and right look strong after you pointed it out. Should I down play only the one on the left? Do you think the ones on the right are okay? Thank you again for the great courses.
The ones on the right are fine because they form a as. Once you create a same value elsewhere that is disjointed you create a competition by a stacking effect.

xli
06-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Now I understand it. Thank you for another golden nugget.

Johannes Instructor
06-17-2012, 07:25 AM
The ones on the right are fine because they form a as. Once you create a same value elsewhere that is disjointed you create a competition by a stacking effect.
Sorry let me rephrase this,
The ones on the right are fine because they form a mass. Once you create a same value elsewhere that is disjointed you create a competition by a stacking effect.

Sgourlayart
06-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Johannes, did you ever finish the painting from this paintalong with the permanent rose glaze to warm it up? Please post it here if you have. Stu

nougat
06-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Jo did it at the end of yesterday's class. it turned out fabulous!!

Sgourlayart
06-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Johannes, did you ever finish the painting from this paintalong with the permanent rose glaze to warm it up? Please post it here if you have. StuNougat tried to answer my question, but she must have been referring to yesterday's (June 16) painting (because that is what is posted in that thread). So, I will ask it again: Johannes: could you please post the final painting after taking out the trees and adding the warm glaze--the one from the June 10th paintalong? Nougat says she saw it at the end of the class, so you must have finished it. Stu

nougat
06-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Jo finished glazing the june 10th painting last saturday. the one with the house and trees (which were removed) Jo brushed on liquin. the darks in the painting immediately became more vibrant. he wiped it off with a kitchen towel (tissue) tho he recommends a cloth. one little patch was still not quite dry and the paint was slightly disturbed in that area. be brushed on perm rose paint and wiped off a couple of areas that got too pink with the kitchen towel. did i forget any steps? maybe jo is waiting for it to dry cos the liquin made it very shiny and possibly difficult to photograph.

the painting of june 16th is a snow scene.

HazelP
06-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Here is my paintalong almost finished. Think I will give it a glaze like Jo did when it is dry.

I am learning so much from these paintalongs!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jun-2012/915542-P1040978.jpg

nougat
06-21-2012, 02:58 PM
stu - you can now download and watch the glazing video! :)

Sgourlayart
06-21-2012, 08:45 PM
stu - you can now download and watch the glazing video! :)Thanks, Nougat; will do. Stu

Linda Reyes1959
07-08-2012, 11:40 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jul-2012/978726-jpeg.jpg

juraffey
07-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Is it too late to be able to download June 10, Part 3? I realized too late I downloaded part 2 twice and no part 3! :(

paintncook
07-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Is it too late to be able to download June 10, Part 3? I realized too late I downloaded part 2 twice and no part 3! :(
No, it is not too late. Go back to the student page link Johannes gave you in an email for downloading and ALL the paintalong downloads that you paid for are there to download.

juraffey
07-16-2012, 09:23 PM
I only see the paint-along 2 downloads....:(

juraffey
07-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Oh I found it. Had to go to the old emails. Thanks for your help.

spudsmom
07-21-2012, 08:06 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jul-2012/895452-DSC00157.jpg

Here is my "Maine Cove" picture. I love the rocks and can't bring myself :angel: to remove the tree next to the house. I think this some of the best water I've done so far. I had fun on with this one.

Sherri

paintncook
08-06-2012, 11:19 PM
For some reason I don't have the reference photo for this June 10 paintalong. Can anyone send it to me? Thanks, Kathy

paintncook
08-06-2012, 11:37 PM
For some reason I don't have the reference photo for this June 10 paintalong. Can anyone send it to me? Thanks, Kathy
Nevermind, fortunately I had saved an old email from Johannes that had the link. I thought we could always access old paintalongs at Northlight, but I can't find that area on their website to redownload any of the paintalongs. I can only download the courses and photos I purchased, not the paintalongs I bought.
Kathy