PDA

View Full Version : oops. razor blades are sharp!

Elankat
06-19-2003, 01:57 AM
well, i just got back from the emergency room. there's 3.5 hours of my life that i won't get back. i was removing caulk from the tub and sliced open my knuckle with a razor blade. finger is in a splint and has stitches. no bending it for two weeks. splint stays on for 4 days minimum.

i can't type very well, so i won't be online much.

Jakeally
06-19-2003, 05:35 AM
Awwwww....poor you:crying: Hope it wasn't your drawing hand:eek:
Take this chance to have a well earned rest:cat:

MonicaB
06-19-2003, 08:19 AM
Oh, LeAnne! Sounds painful. Like Chris said, hope it wasn't your drawing hand. Maybe you can catch up on some art-related reading. :crying:

artdude
06-19-2003, 08:59 AM
Sorry to hear about your little accident :( I bet it will drive you a bit nutty not being able to work on your art :) Hope it heals fast so you can get back to your routine :D:)

Dahzl
06-19-2003, 09:03 AM
Oh You Poor thing LeAnne I really sympathise with you - I sliced my own finger a couple of years ago while washing up a big glass dish that cracked and fell cutting my left finger to the bone - and yes the same scenario stitches etc... luckily tho the glass missed the two tendons on either side of my finger - otherwise it would have been permanently bent. - and that wouldn't have been much fun!

I hope that it isn't too painful for you and that you have someone there to help out with every thing. Try to rest it as much as possible - I know that it is very hard to do - but it will heal a lot quicker if you do.

Take Care,

Regards Dahzl. :)

rapolina
06-19-2003, 09:09 AM
i'm really sorry... hope get better very soon!:)

ciao, rapolina.

Elankat
06-19-2003, 10:05 AM
Lucky me, it was my left hand. so, I should still be able to draw. hurts like hell today.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

drwells
06-19-2003, 11:13 AM
I'm going to say to you what my dad said to me when i did that to my finger. (split it open like a pac man) glaaa still remember that one...ouch. He said....."I TOLD YOU NOT TO CUT TOWARDS YOURSELF".....I was like.....DUH Dad!

:)

Hope you feel better soon...and you get a new scar to brag about. :D

Danny

Elankat
06-19-2003, 11:50 AM

actually, i wasn't cutting toward myself. the blade stuck in the caulk and ripped out of the holder and my hand that had the holder kept going, flipped, and sliced the knuckle on the dull/backside corner of the blade. Currently, the blade is still stuck in the caulk. makes me nauseous to touch it, so i haven't removed it.

the good luck was that it was the left corner of the shower, so i was using my left hand. the bad luck was that it was the last thing i was doing before taking a break.

DSPIT
06-19-2003, 12:02 PM
Sorry to hear to LeAnne,, mend quick, we need to see you around.

And my philosphy is , whoever said drugs and alchohol don't mix, never been in enough pain. :evil:

Bob

mel-ink
06-19-2003, 01:24 PM
Geez, LeAnne! Sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

:) :) :)

jjsangel
06-19-2003, 08:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident LeAnne. Hope it doesn't hurt too bad. It's bad enough to cut it on the sharp side, but hurts even worse to do it on the dull side. The sharp side makes a cleaner cut, the dull side just rips it open. Get better soon..

surreal
06-20-2003, 12:55 AM
Hi LeAnne,
I am so sorry to hear about this painful mishap.
:(

I hope you will recover very very quickly.
I hope the pain will be gone as soon as possible.

Elankat
06-22-2003, 09:47 AM
Thanks everyone. :)

It's healing nicely. I'm supposed to leave the splint on for a while longer, but it's driving me nuts, so I took it off. I'll just have to make sure not to bend the knuckle.

dolors
06-22-2003, 09:54 AM
Sorry to hear about your accident LeAnne, I wish you a quick recovery. Take care.

sassybird
06-22-2003, 02:47 PM
LeAnne, I took the side of one of my fingers off to the bone matting a picture for a class one time. I know how sharp those buggers can be. I hope it gets better soon.

DragonladyfromOz
06-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Ewww yuck - you poor thing! They would have had to have called an ambulance for me ... I pass out with a papercut! [Yeah - big wuss here]
Hope everything gets better soon and some kind person comes in to remove the blade for you... if not - masking tape and bluetac should cover it well, just make a sculpture out of it :D
Also, I agree with Bob's philosophy...
Cheers
Manda

06-23-2003, 05:58 AM
Shame about your accident. :crying: Get well soon.

amanda
06-24-2003, 04:08 AM
Ouch! Sounds very nasty indeed! Glad to hear it's healing ok though.