PDA

View Full Version : A Fool's Thought

JonRyan92
06-07-2012, 08:40 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/06-07-2012/587962_FoolofTime3.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: A Fool's Thought
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 11.5x 13.5
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This piece was not planned out very well. Therefore the clock is poorly painted.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Help me in anyway you can. Any comments are welcomed.

Coen1
06-07-2012, 01:44 PM
The clock could indeed be better painted than you did. When I see those delightful painted puppets so much is clear. They are of a very high standard and I love the precision with which they're done.
To me, in the composition, the 'thinking-balls' take too much attention, also they're rather important, according to your title. Though I cannot fully interpret your work, I like some of the ideas in it, like the clock being a 'think-cloud' as well. So, only a fool bothers about time???:)

La_
06-07-2012, 02:03 PM
refreshingly unique, enjoyable riddle
well done but for that clock
so, yeah, fix the clock

Andrewcody
06-08-2012, 03:32 AM
Tempus Fugit and all that

I was more interested in the figure. The clock is a fairly obvious allegorical reference. But what is that figure representing.

I like the work you have done on the figure the same as the others, and as to what it all means..well as someone else once said:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Andrew

dgford
06-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Please do repair that clock ! Five mins marked between each hour, hands pointing correctly in relation to hrs and mins, hour symbol centralised over each marking.
I like the figure very much and believe it deserves the same care elsewhere !
Geoff