PDA

View Full Version : LetterM Moonlight Magic

jjsangel
06-18-2003, 10:02 PM
Finally here is the Letter M. It has been a pain but it is finally done. Hope you like it.

Cross posted in CP

prairie painter
06-19-2003, 01:34 AM
Whoah, very, very cool! Mind if I print out a copy? Bummer my printer only is black & white!
I love the dragon/castle image!

orchid black
06-19-2003, 02:02 AM
Very clean and well thought out! I love how smooth you've made the textures and the composition... everything fits in exactly as it should, and intermingles in just the right way. Sorry, it's late and I can't find the right words to explain what I mean... Hope this makes sense!

Jakeally
06-19-2003, 05:39 AM
Absolutely stunning Sharon.....you get better and better. I love the composition, colour, title.....well everything....love it, love it, love it:clap: :clap: :clap:

seejay
06-19-2003, 05:42 AM
Another nice piece of the alphabet, Sharon.

I find with this one the face is secondary, my eyes are mainly attracted to the rest of the drawing. With some of your other letters, the face definitely grabbed my attention - I appreciate the details here more because of that.

What do I mean? I don't know, but I like this one too!;)

Cheers

MonicaB
06-19-2003, 08:20 AM
Sharon, I can't wait for "Z" -- each letter keeps getting better and better!!! How did you manage to get such texture in the blue? Is it stippled?

artdude
06-19-2003, 09:18 AM
Looks GREAT Sharon!! Love the dragon theme with the castle :) Although I am a bit disappointed that the letter "M" didn't stand for MURRAY!!!! LOL :D:D:D:D:D:D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

rapolina
06-19-2003, 09:20 AM
really nice!
i like your alphabet! :clap: :clap: very imaginative.

ciao, rapolina.

Dahzl
06-19-2003, 09:31 AM
Ahh Moons and Dragons :D
Absolutely beautiful Sharon!!:clap: :clap:

You will have to put all these beautiful letters into a book - in fact someone ought to hire you as an illustrator - for you have a wonderful talent!! I also love The Secret Garden piece that you have done!! and I wanted to post a response - but I am getting rushed off here by a very impatient son who wants to commandeer the computer again - Drats! I'll have to try and sneak back on later.

Anyway Looking very much forward to your next piece. :D

Cheers Dahzl :D

mel-ink
06-19-2003, 01:31 PM
This is my favorite so far Sharon (and not because it's the letter M :D )!!! Simply gorgeous!! Love the colors you used...makes everything so mystical! Nice job!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

jjsangel
06-19-2003, 07:40 PM
Thanks Prairie Painter. I don't mind if you print out a copy. I'm not sure how it will turn out black & white though, but give it a shot.

Thanks orchid. You make perfect sense even if you are tired.hehe

Thanks so much Chris (jake). I'm glad you like the way it came together.

Thanks seejay. I really appreciate your opinion. I agree that the face seems secondary in this one... More going on I guess..

Thanks Monica. No the blue isn't stippled. It is done with violet blue and then indigo blue with a very sharp point and tiny circles, but I didn't burnish it. That is why it has that grainy look. I just didn't want to burnish it smooth. I think it would have taken something away. Glad you like it.

Thanks Murray. Glad you like the dragon theme. I could always name the dragon Murray....hehehe....

Thanks rapolina...

Hey dahzl. I though moons and dragons seemed very appropriate for this. Glad you like it.. I wish someone would publish this as a book. I could use the money...hehehe lol.. Glad you like the Secret Garden too.. Ahhhh children.. I miss mine. Be glad they are still at home.. Mine are in Florida, all grown up...sigh.

Thanks Mel.. yeah, yeah, yeah, we know you like it cause it stands for MMMMMMMMMEL:D Glad you think the colors look mystical, that is what I was trying for....:D

BTDogMom
06-20-2003, 10:19 AM
SHARON!!! OK OK OK Hands Down THIS REALLY IS my favorite - I love the castle in the M & of course the dragon - the moonlight looks brilliant - I LOVE IT!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

prairie painter
06-20-2003, 01:20 PM
Thanks jjsangel! Tiny circles???!?!?!? Very cool!

DSPIT
06-20-2003, 02:26 PM
Sharon, seems to me your letters are becoming better and better with your style growing to becoming a cleaner and potent mixture. I have really liked the latest ones. The color definition of something, cant really put my finger on it.

Bob

jjsangel
06-20-2003, 11:20 PM
Hey Jamie...LMAO.. You are killing me....hehehe. Thanks, glad you like this one too. You are going to run out of favorites soon..hehe

Hey Prairie. Yes, little teeny,tiny circles, very close together, and lightly done, fill in all the little white spots in the paper without burnishing and making it shiny. You have to have a very sharp point on your pencil so it gets down in all the dimples...Works great...

Hey Bob. What a nice thing to say. I actually feel like I am getting better from all the practice and experience I am getting from doing each one of these. And I feel like I am learning more techniques as I go along and gaining self confidence as I do.. Great training... Glad everyone here suggested that I do this..

Elankat
06-22-2003, 09:58 AM
Hi Sharon. I really love the dragon and the little emblem under the M in this one. The individual parts are great. However, it doesn't seem as unified in design as the others in the series. I think it's the white space around the chin. It makes the face feel a little less incorporated into the design. Also would like to have seen something in the top of the M to pull the eye across to the right side of the letter. The first things that came to mind were some designs in the blue of the letter and/or dangly jewels hanging off the M across her forehead like a belly dancers head jewelry...maybe crescent moon as the center dangly and little star danglies.

Anyhow, I like it a lot. I just find myself yearning for a couple of things that tie it into your previous ones. :)

DragonladyfromOz
06-22-2003, 08:16 PM
Okay jjsangel...this is definitely my absolute favourite! I don't care how many times I have said that before - this one is IT!
Please don't name the big dragon 'Murray' [no offence Murray!!!] cause 'Manda the DragonladyfromOz' has a secret little fantasy that this on is for her - hehehee. If I was being generous in my little daydream, I s'pose I could let Murray have the littler one in the letter... :evil:
Seriously though, I like the 'clean' feel of the distinct parts, as it could have become cluttered and confusing by adding the dragon and patterning, but you have avoided that and it looks really good. I especially the dragon peering over the top and tail curling around the bottom as, for me, it links everything together by pulling the inside letter image to the outside and then connecting it all in again, and it makes it a little different to your other letters at the same time as keeping them with the same 'theme' as such.
Gorgeous work :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cheers
Manda

jjsangel
06-22-2003, 09:44 PM
Thanks LeAnne. I wasn't going to put the piece in under her chin but I felt it kinda needed something. I never thought about putting anything across the top. In the original, I had a little tiny fairy sitting on top of the celtic design on the right, but left it off of the new one. I kinda like the moon and stars idea. Thanks

Hey Manda. Ok, sorry Murray, I won't call it Murray, but I can't call it Manda cause that wouldn't be fair. I alread got Sarah and Lori calling me a little :evil: cause I wouldn't do them for L and S....hehehe....LOL. You really are going to run out of favorite favorites you know. I will have to do a crappy one just to give you a break...LOLOLOLOL... Thanks...Love your kind words..

sassybird
06-23-2003, 02:10 PM
Oh, I think this is one of my favorites so far.

jjsangel
06-23-2003, 06:57 PM
Thank you Sassy. Glad you like it that well...:D

drwells
06-24-2003, 12:31 PM
Sharon!!! AWESOME!!! How in the heck to you come up with these. :D Great Job. I love the dragon!

d

jjsangel
06-24-2003, 12:37 PM
Hey Danny. Thanks. I don't really know where they all come from. I guess they are just floating around in my empty head...LOL