PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 18/6/03

angeline
06-18-2003, 04:48 AM
Ah well good morning all.............we have rotten rain today!
I am giving town a miss because my poor old bones will not stand the sudden change so well........well really because i have juvenille arthritis....and the sudden weather change will cause me to be in pain in hands feet knees and hips. Cold really does affect me.
I will see whats it's like tommorrow and maybe go then.I want to get some bargain videos for my mum.....greek tv is not always the best!....lol
After that i am working for 7 nights in a row.....and then only have 3 full days before we fly! Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh!
The forcast out there this week is between 34 and 37c.
I got my pic finished for the portrait project last night.....hubby likes it so much he wants to frame it and hang it in our hall.Bless him....he is my bestest fan.

Dark_Shades
06-18-2003, 07:20 AM
well you will soon be in the warm sunshine Hayley...... am excited for you :) ........ 4 weeks to go till mine..........

My wedding anniversary today :) ........ 21 years!!! :eek: ......... Ronni Biggs got less lol ...... ;) :evil: :D

...... need to go shopping........ @ Dick Blicks ...... running out of textured paper

........ anyone know whats happening about the WC badges..... heard there was some prob with payments etc..... but that was weeks ago

Smudger
06-18-2003, 07:25 AM
Wow Dawn 21 Years!!! Congrats:clap: :clap: when are you up for parole?

Dark_Shades
06-18-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Smudger
Wow Dawn 21 Years!!! Congrats:clap: :clap: when are you up for parole?

lolol......... that only comes with good behaviour........ :D

..... so NOooooooo chance :evil: lolol

E-J
06-18-2003, 09:37 AM
Congrats Mr & Mrs Shades :D

angeline
06-18-2003, 11:09 AM
Congratulations Mr and Mrs DS.
DS I am always intrigued that you shop for art stuff from there does it not cost alot in postage?

bnoonan
06-18-2003, 11:41 AM
I love the Mr. & Mrs. Shades comment. Great job.

Truly - you need to be congratulated on this accomplishment. Have a great shopping trip at the art store to celebrate.

Hayley - don't you love it when they say they like your work enough to frame it. Even if I don't do it - it's flattering enough.

all of your vacation plans sounds very exciting. Keep us posted.

Barb

Dark_Shades
06-18-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by angeline
Congratulations Mr and Mrs DS.
DS I am always intrigued that you shop for art stuff from there does it not cost alot in postage?

I think the last lot I bought came to say around 10.00, which I think is really reasonable .......... I can never find art supplies that I want in my area........ there is no choices or selections ..... (had spent days driving round on the hint of new art supplies, with one thing here, another there...... and this Im only talking Ingres paper...... and one set of pastels :P :P :P ) ....... so its sooooo convenient, dont have to leave my seat, and endless choices of everything and the tips of my fingers ........ love this site as you can view every product too

Wish we had one in our country ....... other members have given me a couple of UK sites....... either the links dont work........ or you cant even see what you are buying :P ....... I know there was one selling Wallis paper...... but I cant remember what it was :(

soap
06-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Hi all, Many congratulations for both of you Dawn! Wow....21 years.......am not even married yet....LOL.......

I truly do not understand why you order in the US, Dawn....The catalogues from Jackson's, Great Art, and Art Express should really have all you need and the postage is low or nothing if you spend over a certain amount. I agree, their websites are not always what you'd expect, but if you order from the catalogue via phone or email it works brilliantly. You usually get your stuff within a couple of days. Especially the HUGE Great Art catalogue has tons and tons of different papers.......

PS: and in those catalogues you CAN SEE what you order......

meowmeow
06-18-2003, 04:06 PM
Congratulations Dawn! IN this day and age, that is amazing! :D WE had our 35th a few weeks ago! I'm impressed! :D

FInally pretty much back to normal...whatever that is. I can bend my thumb almost all the way down and unless I whack it it doesn't bother me at all. Hooray! We got my parents moved into their new assisted living apartment, their house is for sale and we moved up to Maine for the summer. Whew! I am exhausted! :D
But...since Monday I have been to a figure drawing session, an art meeting where they showed how to cut your own mats and this morning met some other women in one of their gardens and painted for a couple of hours till the rain came (again).
So I think I am going to have fun up here this summer. Too much going on...not enough time!
The best part is that most of the people up here are using pastels! Yay! At home I am the only one. Plus they kind of critique each other. In a very nice, casual way of course. But I find it very helpful. At home everyone is very nice but no one really offers any comments. I still need that help so I realy appreciate it. It is the best way to learn.
Glad to be back in the swing of things...now I can tell you how to make your artwork perfect. :D

Sandy

Dark_Shades
06-18-2003, 04:30 PM
Glad to have you back Sandy ....... and glad your parents are all settled........ well it sounds like you are going to have one grand time this summer

Mikki Petersen
06-19-2003, 12:20 AM
Congratulations Dawn on a successful marriage.

Congratulations, Sandy on having your hand healed and for all the fun this summer promises.

My latest news is that the people buying our home, two men, have no furniture and asked if we were interested in selling them the furniture here now because it fits the room so well. Sounds great to me! So we've been off sofa shopping all day. There are far too many options available for an old woman to make a decision. Going back next week to look at our favorite choices and see which one really stands out.

Being retired, we are always on vacation, just not always traveling.

angecald
06-19-2003, 12:51 AM
Congratulations on your 21st anniversary, Dawn. We had our 21st as well, about a month ago. I attempted to order something from Dick Blick but they said I have to have cookies and something else (I forget what) and I'm told those are virus-carriers. What do you do about that?

Angeline, I know how you feel about weather changes. I was creaking away last week when it was raining but the past two days have been sunny so it was instant improvement. You'll love it when you get to Greece.

We have a friend visiting from Australia. He's allergic to cats -- last time he stayed with us he got so stuffed up we had to hustle him out to a neighbour's house in the middle of the night to save his life. So we've set him up to sleep in a tent trailer in the back yard. We just bought it so we haven't tried it out ourselves. It was looking like a lovely summer evening, but as I'm typing this, it's suddenly started to rain again. I guess we'll find out if the tent is waterproof.:cat:

Mikki, so it's off with the old, on with the new! That sounds exciting. We get attached to our living spaces and our things, but who wouldn't like a chance to make some different choices? I know you've had a lot of work and worry over moving so I hope you're coming to the fun part.

Sandy it's nice you're typing again and settled in Maine for the summer. I'd love to spend a summer in one of those rambling white houses they have there.

Dark_Shades
06-19-2003, 02:50 AM
ohhhhhhhh gets even better then Mikki........ buying new wooooo hooooooo ........ wonderful stuff

Ang........ the cookies are fine, you need them..... you will have them for WC too ....... its only a little file stored on your computer, keeps the information of your visits and details....... eg. if you deleted them from WC you wouldnt get to see the images and smilies etc....... its sort of like an Identity card for yourself for the site..... just enabling them to know who you are etc......... helps to load the pages quicker too

Mikki Petersen
06-19-2003, 03:51 AM
Yep, I'm pretty happy about this turn of events. The old stuff looks really nice in this house because we bought it for the family room and it goes very well...blue furniture and grey carpet with pale blue and taupe sponged walls. The cottage, however, has hand hewn, highly polished redwood floors with a burlwood antique fireplace surround and mantle and a double coffered ceiling...very artsy craftsy. Somehow my slate blue overstuffed early american style furniture just wasn't going to fit. Now.... I want to find just the right stuff to have a cozy cottage atmosphere.

Since I've been whining on and on for so long, here are some pics of the new place...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2003/14550-stope.jpg

Here are the hardwood floors...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2003/14550-stope_floor.jpg

And the mantle...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2003/14550-stope_mantle.jpg

Found several sofas that are very traditional with contoured backs and Cherrywood trim. The fabrics are very muted green tapistry with some burgundies and golds in there but I just don't know yet...

angeline
06-19-2003, 04:27 AM
Oh wow that house looks wondeful Mikki. Lots of beautiful countryside for you to paint eh?
Glad your hand is better now Sandy.
Its the morning of a new day now.

meowmeow
06-19-2003, 06:46 AM
Wonderful, fun news about the furniture Mikki! And the new house looks fabulous! Good luck with all of it!

Sandy

Dark_Shades
06-19-2003, 07:38 AM
ohhhhhhh Mikki, your house is beautiful..... and what a wonderful setting it is in too .........

Hmmmmm I may come visit.......... I can just imagine you sitting out on that porch pastelling .. lolol

Beautiful...... am Jealous

Luvy
06-19-2003, 11:07 AM
Congrats Dark and Meow Meow. I'm right up there with you. Celecbrated my 35th anniversary June 1st. Boy do I feel old.

I've been busy playing around making some faux hot fudge sundaes for cruise-ins. I found an antigue tray for the window of the car like in the 60s but needed something to put on it. So Here's how they came out You wouldn't believe what I made this with LOL

Now that I have them done I have to get back to my drawing

E-J
06-19-2003, 11:14 AM
They look great, Luvy ... don't keep us in suspense: what did you make them with?

And while I'm asking questions ... what's a cruise-in? :confused: :)

Luvy
06-19-2003, 11:21 AM
Ej a Cruise-in is an old car show. I made them out of spray foam insulation paint and for nuts, stuff you dry up oil off of driveways with LOL Neighbor had some on his driveway and I said to hubby. Look my nuts LOL I tried popperi or how ever you spell it.

bnoonan
06-19-2003, 11:23 AM
Great fun Luvy - I love the secret ingredients but you won't find me at your ice cream sundae bar ever.

Love the house Mikki - I live closest so I get first dibs on the visit. sorry Dawn.:evil:

barb

Dark_Shades
06-19-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Luvy
Congrats Dark and Meow Meow. I'm right up there with you. Celecbrated my 35th anniversary June 1st. Boy do I feel old.

I've been busy playing around making some faux hot fudge sundaes for cruise-ins. I found an antigue tray for the window of the car like in the 60s but needed something to put on it. So Here's how they came out You wouldn't believe what I made this with LOL

Now that I have them done I have to get back to my drawing

ya mean ya cant eat them :crying: wahhhhhhhh lolol

Mikki Petersen
06-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Luvy, your faux sundaes look beautiful! What creative materials you've chosen;)

Thanks all for the comments on the house. Until we get my shed (studio) built, that porch will be my studio...Anyway, the welcome mat is always out at Gramma Mikki's! We have a little garden sign that says "Welcome to Gramma and Papa's, free cookies, hugs and kisses". Taken out of context, I guess it makes me sound like the witch from Hansel and Gretl, LOL.

angeline
06-19-2003, 01:15 PM
OOOOOhhhh cookies........I'm on my way!:D

Dark_Shades
06-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by 1mpete
Luvy, your faux sundaes look beautiful! What creative materials you've chosen;)

Thanks all for the comments on the house. Until we get my shed (studio) built, that porch will be my studio...Anyway, the welcome mat is always out at Gramma Mikki's! We have a little garden sign that says "Welcome to Gramma and Papa's, free cookies, hugs and kisses". Taken out of context, I guess it makes me sound like the witch from Hansel and Gretl, LOL.

LOLOL