PDA

View Full Version : An Idea?

soap
06-18-2003, 02:31 AM
I had a thought.....just a thought.......more of an idea really.....You guys have all become such an great part of my pastel life, that I thought we should build on this.......(No I am not starting a new pastel religion LOL)......and recently with Jackie's show quite a few of us wanted to try and see her show and meet up.....so....

Is it an idea if we organize a weekend??? For instance we could book a night in a B&B somewhere picturesque, and within easy reach, people arrive on a Saturday, stay the night and leave on a Sunday......we can bring our pastels, but most of all our chatty mouths and our lovely selfs.....If it is a weekend, people might be more inclined to make the effort/expense.......I realise this might only be possible for UK pastelists, but anyone is welcome of course...just imagine meeting up......painting away.....talking and eating great food (hopefully).......a very informal WC workshop.....gettogether.......

Well, whatever........just an idea.....

Dark_Shades
06-18-2003, 02:55 AM
Sounds a brilliant idea to me Soap

....... hey, ask EJ........... she goes away for weekends..... we could all have a weekend away in..... France........ Belgium ..... ohhhhhhh Holland ;) :D

E-J
06-18-2003, 03:07 AM
hehe ... yes ... in fact I'm spending next w/e in London and next month will see me on a looooooong w/e in France!

I love the idea of meeting you lot but it will have to wait for a couple of months because of finances ... my recent trips have left me penniless! :)

soap
06-18-2003, 03:16 AM
Well, I was not thinking any time that soon, as this would require a lot of organisation....and plenty of time to let people fit it in their schedule.......make bookings etc etc. We would need a location that is closest to most of us, or central to most of us, and a lot of people interested.......

Smudger
06-18-2003, 03:38 AM
Great Idea... i was thinking of throwing a pastel party and inviting you all to stay, i have plenty of room and a large garden with plenty of inspiration, add to that lots of good food and copious amounts of your favourite tipple, thought it sounded fun:D watta ya fink??

I also was thinking about maybe organising a small show somewhere in London and putting on a WC UK exhibition! everyone could submit a couple of paintings and we could have guest WC'ers exhibiting from other countries

E-J
06-18-2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Smudger
Great Idea... i was thinking of throwing a pastel party and inviting you all to stay, i have plenty of room and a large garden with plenty of inspiration, add to that lots of good food and copious amounts of your favourite tipple, thought it sounded fun:D watta ya fink??

I also was thinking about maybe organising a small show somewhere in London and putting on a WC UK exhibition! everyone could submit a couple of paintings and we could have guest WC'ers exhibiting from other countries

Mark ~ awesome idea! :clap:

soap
06-18-2003, 03:42 AM
How about a yearly (or so) get-together.....drink...pastel.....food.....chat.........and a yearly WC exhibition........WC will turn into an art society in its own and will be good competition for the Pastel society (who didn't want 'our' Jackie)......

But why does everything always have to happen in London?? snif....no offence intended.....the north is desperate for a good art scene!

Smudger
06-18-2003, 03:52 AM
Cool... when i'm back from NY shall i start to organise a painting party and we can use that to discuss the possibility of an exhibition?:D

Smudger
06-18-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by soap
How about a yearly (or so) get-together.....drink...pastel.....food.....chat.........and a yearly WC exhibition........WC will turn into an art society in its own and will be good competition for the Pastel society (who didn't want 'our' Jackie)......

:D We could make Jackie Patron:D

Smudger
06-18-2003, 04:25 AM
So lets see who would be up for it... if you would be prepared to come to sunny Essex, be well fed and watered, get to meet your WC pals, discuss the possibility of a WC exhibition and maybe even paint a little, register your interest here. Don't worry if you have to travel we can you put you up. (i have a large garden shed) no just kidding:D room for all.

angeline
06-18-2003, 04:30 AM
OOOOHHHhhhhhhhhhhh this is exciting! count me in!
Here is my only contact with other pastelists...........appart from a senior nurse at work ...but he mainly does watercolours....he did go all goey and drooly when he saw all my new unisons in my art bin tote though!......lol
Give me plenty of notice so i can sort my off duty and hubby round it.

Smudger
06-18-2003, 06:29 AM
Hey Soap... i hope you don't think i'm hijacking your idea, i still think a weekend away somewhere inspirational is a great idea and you can count me in:D

soap
06-18-2003, 06:57 AM
Hi Smudge - no of course not! We obviously had very similar thoughts......And by the sound of it you have a free guesthouse there! :D
I was just hoping for somewhere more central.......as people come from all over the place...Mo in Wales, Zilloot in Scotland, me and Ang in M'ster etc etc.....but I cannot speak for them ofcourse. I would not mind organizing things. But you can count me in too....just have to count my pennies to get to Essex...silly train prices in this country.....one of the reasons I did not go to Jackie's show was the costs involved......bl* 170 for a return! Less if you book ages in advance.....
I think this could be the start of something beautiful.......LOL....:D :D

Smudger
06-18-2003, 06:59 AM
170 for a return!

OMG you can hire a car for a week for that:eek:

soap
06-18-2003, 07:10 AM
I know.....well it gets cheaper if you book in advance, but it is still madly expensive....and then you end up delayed for a couple of hours....ha ha.....travelled to London by train more than enough (when there was still a boss who paid :D).......British trains......don't get me started....LOL

Let's see what others say......plans for a club/exhibition sounds sooo good.......hmmm.....grey braincells start to rumble.....how do we get people to bring in their work if they all live so far apart.....
I still think a weekend/week -whatever- painting workshop with an exhibition to follow would work as we can than exhibit (and sell) the stuff we've made right there....you can bring other work as well........everybody comes only once and stays as long as they like...hand in work.....paint some pieces....and by the end of the weekend/week the exhibition is held.......but then......where.....how.....mailing lists.....how to get visitors.....would our friends and family be willing to travel to this place to come and see our stuff.......hmmmmm.....grey cells run out of steam.........dunno......the good thing about WC is that people are from all over the place....and I, for one, would love a good club/society/exhibition space/ fun club somewhere.....there are loads and loads of opportunities in and around London for exhibition and competitions but not so much outside that area.....
grey cells are overloaded now.....LOL.........hmm.....just rambling....thinking......out loud.........

Anybody ramble back please?!

Dark_Shades
06-18-2003, 07:14 AM
Yeah I like the sound of Essex Smudge ;) lolol

OMG!! too!! ...... 170.00!!! :eek: - you sure you havent got the decimal point in the wrong place lol ........ yikes!! you could have a week in Spain off of teletext lol

soap
06-18-2003, 08:56 AM
With a short look around this forum I've come up with 15 UK pastelists (incl. me). There must be more.....Wouldn't it be something if we could get to 10 to join in the fun? Anybody mad enough to travel from abroad would be welcome too of course.....

E-J
06-18-2003, 09:02 AM
170 is pretty obscene ... My train travel to/from Brussels and 2 nights in a 5-star hotel cost less than that!! When you live in England and travel abroad, the worst culture shock happens when you arrive back home to public transport ~ on our return to Gatwick a few nights ago, all the trains were either cancelled or delayed and overcrowded, not to mention dirty and full of drunken random idiots in football shirts. You know you're back in England.

I would be up for any or all of the ideas mentioned :)

soap
06-18-2003, 09:19 AM
I know it is obscene.....but that the price you'd pay if you'd go to the desk one morning and ask for the cheapest return to London........booking in advance (a month or so) and willing to travel outside rush hour (which means you arrive in London somewhere in the afternoon if there are no delays - there goes your day out in London LOL) you can get the price down to 50 if you're lucky or 100 if not.
Well, anyway....enough about the horrible English train system......in England one definitely needs a car......

I think an initial session in Essex where we can brainstorm about the potential of our group would be great!

So who else...... Mo, Jackie, Sandra Fletcher, Johnny Red, Guilliame and who else? Any foreigners willing to meet up with English Pastelists?

angeline
06-18-2003, 11:20 AM
Hey Sophie......i'm with you there on the price of trains........i don't drive and public transport is a pain!Hubby says he will get me driving this year....(embarrassed cough) ......he is a driving instructor..................ok you can stop laughing now.....lol

bnoonan
06-18-2003, 11:38 AM
I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!! :mad:

WHEN? WHEN? WHEN ARE YOU DOING THIS?

I'd love to be able to come visit but unless it's after September I may not be able to join you. Don't delay this on my account but I'd really wish I could come along.

Barb

soap
06-18-2003, 12:16 PM
Barb, it would be fantastic if you could come along!
Hayley - LOL......sorry....:D

soap
06-19-2003, 04:25 AM
I don't know if you knew this, but I only found it today....there is a forum about WC-events and outings where people organise painting trips. It is mostly US based, but we might get some inspiration on how to organise things....

One thread was the latest May-outing....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77789&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Smudger
06-19-2003, 04:26 AM
cheers soap, i'll go and check it out

E-J
06-19-2003, 04:31 AM
How about Sophie, Mark, Dawn, Hayley, guilli, myself and whoever else wants to come just hop on a plane to San Francisco, hire a bus, paint it day-glo, all jump on and get someone [I don't drive either, Hayley, LOL] to drive us to Barb's place? :)

OK, my suggestion's a bit impractical.

I'd do it, tho :D

soap
06-19-2003, 04:34 AM
LOL do you think the Arts Council of England would sponsor us? :D :D

Dark_Shades
06-19-2003, 08:22 AM
I will ramble backatya Soap lol ........ one thought I had some months ago ...........

was why not ask Jackie Simmonds the in's n out's of costs etc ....... of the place she hires out in Shepherd's Bush ....... we could collectively exhibit and share costs....... work out space size..... blah, blah........ ramble, ramble...... wouldnt be so daunting nor expensive

Dark_Shades
06-19-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by E-J
How about Sophie, Mark, Dawn, Hayley, guilli, myself and whoever else wants to come just hop on a plane to San Francisco, hire a bus, paint it day-glo, all jump on and get someone [I don't drive either, Hayley, LOL] to drive us to Barb's place? :)

OK, my suggestion's a bit impractical.

I'd do it, tho :D

nooooooo lets hire one of those huggggggge Mobile home thingies....... and 'DO a WORLD Tour' :D ...... stopping off at all the other Wc'ers places...... hmmmmm Mikki's place in the woods looks nice.... nice porch to sit out on and paint

Dark_Shades
06-19-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by soap
LOL do you think the Arts Council of England would sponsor us? :D :D

Ha! Dick Blick should sponsor me, the amount of advertising I give them lololol

Smudger
06-19-2003, 08:26 AM
Dawn - there's quite a few galleries in town for hire at varying rates, depending on location. it will also depend on how many pieces we will expect to exhibit

soap
06-19-2003, 08:28 AM
......go on Dawn.....that's how we should do this......the place Jackie used or any other place......share the costs.......but we would need a limited amount of people (2 or 3) who'd organise things and are in charge....otherwise we end up debating forever....ha ha.....if we just charge hanging costs....so we can come up with the rent......yes yes....we can do this.......I also thought of doing this yearly and maybe trek around the country a bit....oh, dunno....so many ideas.....Maybe we can sign up for the Manchester Art show next spring as a group.....hire a stand and go......or the Affordable Art fair or something........
Mmm.....Jackie's place was cute wasn't it? Nice location too......
Would be great if some of our foreign member could send stuff too.....or join in person ofcourse....

Dark_Shades
06-19-2003, 08:44 AM
...... well I was just thinking, Jackie is the only one I know who exhibits on a regular basis....... she would know the size, cost etc ..... so at least it would give you an idea...... how many pics could be hung....... divide space cost up by peeps who would go and have work to hang

....... advertise by word of mouth...... websites...... local papers of the coming event..... post flyers through doors...... stickers on cars :D..... in WC...... places of works

.... yikes gotta go bck two work

soap
06-19-2003, 08:54 AM
Yeeessss.......we're getting there.....and with a group of us, who will all bring a load of friends, family, neighbours and whatever.....we can all send stuff to our own local press....
Can't wait.....it would be so much fun to hang it all....put pieces on the best possible wall....co-ordinate the works together....I can already image E-J's series of still lives....weren't there some who had a similar composition?.....Oh, Dawn - your lace and apples works......got to get back to work too btw.......
I wonder if Mo would be up for it?

Smudger
06-19-2003, 09:05 AM
i have been looking through this list.... but it may take some time coz there's loads:D

http://www.artgalleries-london.com/commercial_f.html

soap
06-19-2003, 09:10 AM
Too much work Smudge.....I think we should try to get recommendations in.....like Jackie's or any other who is familiar with galleries in London (or wherever we decide to do this, but it seems like London is the likely place). There are loads and loads of website with lists like this......we would need to check out their websites, visit them...talk to the owner......
Shall I post a question in business forum? I am sure some people there might know (Timelady).

soap
06-19-2003, 09:13 AM
This list seems more to the point.....(Jackie's in there too)

http://www.britisharts.co.uk/spacetohire.htm

Smudger
06-19-2003, 09:17 AM
good idea soap, gp for it:D

have a look at this one though:D :D

http://www.vertigogallery.co.uk/Vertigo%20Online/assets/pages/gallery%20hire.html :D:D

soap
06-19-2003, 09:21 AM
I will have a look, hang on...
This is another List.
(btw, Gallery 47 on Russel Street I come across often and seems popular. Good location!!)

http://www.artefact.co.uk/g-ts3.htm

Smudger
06-19-2003, 09:22 AM
Gallery 47 on Russel Street... i know the one they advertise in the Artist

soap
06-19-2003, 09:27 AM
I cannot picture Gallery 47 at the moment (they don't have a website) but I've walked on Russell Street so often, I am sure I'd recognize it!
Yours looks nice too, although very modern (does that suit our style).....haven't got a clue yet where it is....

We would need to make a shortlist.....compare rates (I've already seen in the past 10 minutes that some charge as much as 700 pw and others 200......some want commission and some don't......)
Would be good if we can 'borrow' the mailing list of the gallery.....

Smudger
06-19-2003, 09:29 AM
wow this is getting exciting now!!!:D

Smudger
06-19-2003, 09:33 AM
I wonder if Jackie would exhibit some of her paintings????:D :D

Are you reading this Jackie:D PLeeeeeeaaaassse:D

soap
06-19-2003, 09:38 AM
It would be good if Jackie could pm one of us with some info (or post it in this thread ofcourse.....)

In the mean time....we should look around (and ask around) some galleries for fees, location etc.......
I think we'd need a central London space.....our works are all relatively traditional, so the gallery (not necessary the building, but the galleries' previous exhibitions) should suit that, it has got to be affordable (when we become a huge succes we can always move up in the world)......ummm....what else.....?

(funny detail: the Air Gallery charge 2000 p/w for their smallest space.............whhhhooooaaaaa...!!!)

Smudger
06-19-2003, 10:11 AM
2K!!!:eek:

we will have to get some idea of the amount of people that will want to exhibit so we know what size gallery to look for.....

or do we find a gallery and say we have room for x amount of paintings???

soap
06-19-2003, 10:24 AM
Dunno Smudge.....so many things to sort out....I think we should just organize this painting party and see how that goes and then talk about it there.....

Do we let people decide which paintings to send in, or does somebody select? Does every artist get the same amount of space and hence, pay the same amount of rent share? How big are we going? How much rent can we reasonably come up with? If people back out, somebody needs to pay for their rent share....the organizors need to back their backs or take responsibility......
If for instance only 2 o3 people are organizing this, we cannot possible hang and arrange 200 paintings....LOL.....so there is a limit....Who would want to exhibit and do they all bring it themselves? etc etc...

Woburn Gallery in Bloomsbury is a very cute one too....seen it a couple of times, but is tucked away a bit in a cozy street. (But then 54 Shepard's Gallery is on a pedestrian street so, it might not matter). I still think Gallery 47 is worth keeping in mind....think of all the tourists passing by there.....

Smudger
06-19-2003, 10:33 AM
think of all the tourists passing by there.....

:D it wouldn't be the first time iv'e stood outside Tottenham Court Road Station handing out flyers... but that's another story:D

I Think you're right, as soon as i'm back from NY i'll organise the party and we'll go from there

bnoonan
06-19-2003, 11:30 AM
WAIT - WAIT - WHAT HAPPENED TO EJ'S IDEA OF HOPPING A PLANE TO COME VISIT ME in SFO?

Unfortunately there are a few small details.... but we'd be able to work on it a bit. No doubt Mikki won't mind we crash in her gorgeous home - right Mikki???

Actually go about your plans and you never know who may fly over the big pond to join you.

Barb

Dark_Shades
06-19-2003, 12:07 PM
lol some excitement going on in here lol

.... can I make some suggestions..... and just my ramblings :)

1. London seems the Ideal Venue
2. Gauge the average cost and size of premises
3. work out how many paintings could be hung
4. Roughly guessimate how many paintings per person 5-10- 20 .... that would then give you how many artists could display their works
5. Everyone should pay the same equal amounts
6. Artist chooses THEIR OWN to be displayed

.... once you have some facts and figures you will be able to see if its affordable to everyone

..... going off to look at what your'e looking at now lol

Dark_Shades
06-19-2003, 12:12 PM
another suggestion..........

Smudge........ what about wearing one of those billboards....... lolol ...... you can walk up n down the streets :)

Smudger
06-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Dark_Shades
another suggestion..........

Smudge........ what about wearing one of those billboards....... lolol ...... you can walk up n down the streets :)

:D I'm game for anything:D

Smudger
06-19-2003, 12:17 PM
Makes sense dawn... but can we still have a big party to discuss it:D :D

angeline
06-19-2003, 01:08 PM
Oh my.....exibiting now!
I haven't great funds for doing that ........or the cost of traveling to london lots....in fact never been ever yet!
But I am game for a painting party.....that sounds good.

Dark_Shades
06-19-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Smudger

:D I'm game for anything:D

Lolol....... cant wait for the party then :evil: ha ha ha

ohhhhh ya are awful!!!

Ok ....... another thought....... October!!! ..... that would be a good month....... people thoughts towards Chrissie pressies :)

angeline
06-19-2003, 01:11 PM
OOOOhhhhhhhh I think i have a week's hols from work booked in october....i will check and post later from work!.....:evil:

Dark_Shades
06-19-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by angeline
Oh my.....exibiting now!
I haven't great funds for doing that ........or the cost of traveling to london lots....in fact never been ever yet!
But I am game for a painting party.....that sounds good.

got you all sorted out Hayley....... Smudge is having a big PARTY..... were all invited.... its at he's house and he's putting us all up ....... and Soap can give you a lift down here :D

... you've never been to London :eek:

angeline
06-19-2003, 01:12 PM
But soap doesn't drive either!............LOL

bnoonan
06-19-2003, 01:15 PM
I drive.

soap
06-19-2003, 01:15 PM
Yes yes, Soap does drive.......she's just not sure if she would as she's not the best driver in the world and Essex is far....we'll see.....

soap
06-19-2003, 01:16 PM
Oh! Barb is gonna pick us all up in her Harry Potter flying car......oohoo....

angeline
06-19-2003, 01:17 PM
Ok bnoonan is flying to manchester to take soap and me to the party yeah!;)

bnoonan
06-19-2003, 01:38 PM
I need some dates.... Unfortunately my summer is booking up fast so I'll probably have to meet with you in the fall/winter. Can't wait to see the photos of this event however.

Barb

soap
06-19-2003, 01:41 PM
I think we all need quite a bit of notice for this to work........for an exhibition I am sure we'll have plenty of notice.......

(my summer is pretty booked too)

jackiesimmonds
06-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Well, I got the pm, so don't say you didn't ask, cos you aren't gonna like what I have to say, folks, and I HATE being a harbinger of doom.

While it can be great fun to organise a London exhibition - or an exhibition anywhere for that matter - what you have to take into account is that organising the exhibition is only half of the battle.

The other half of the battle is selling the work to pay for all the costs involved. And that is the hard part.

You will NOT, I repeat NOT, sell to passing trade. No amount of flyers and hand-outs will help much. There isn't any passing trade in London, well, not to speak of. The tourists aren't there - sorry to say this, but the Americans aren't coming, and it has made a HUGE impact on trade. My little gallery in Shepherd Market used to see loads of passing trade, mostly American tourists, but there are almost none now, there are SO few travelling. The cafe opposite told me that they had lost HALF of their usual trade. (The congestion charge probably has impacted too.) In the whole week, I sold only one painting, of the 27 I sold, to someone who walked in off the street. The others all went to people I knew, or had heard of me or had been recommended to come. I put in a VAST amount of effort and energy working on a mailing list, which I have built up over the years, and even then, I worry sick that people will not come along.

If you come from all over the place, your friends may not come, in fact, they probably won't, if you live a long away away. Maybe just a few diehards. Only a couple of WC-ers came to my show (thanks folks) and many who said that they would like to, did not, because of either money, or sheer distance. It is a big effort. Running a gallery in London costs quite a lot, you have to hire for at least a week, and if you live out of London, you have to add in the cost of bed and board for a week - boy, does it get expensive.

If you decide to have a get-together, for the fun of it, and to put on a show somewhere where it doesnt cost much, and you don't care about selling - then that would be great. But if you want to sell, and do not have an "audience", you wll be in trouble. Renting one of the big galleries which has its own mailing list that you can buy, is HORRIBLY expensive, and no guarantee of visitors either, I know people who have done this, and STILL they only sell to their chums.

This, folks, is why gallery owners charge their huge fees. They have their mailing lists, people who live nearby, who will come along regularly to shows, and buy.

The Art Fairs are expensive too ... and I know people who have rented space, and haven't sold one single thing. Although the Art Fairs get the people through the doors, once inside, there are SO MANY artists to choose from, that your work has to really stand out from the crowd to be seen and purchased.

As I said before, I hate being a voice of doom, but I can only offer you my experience.

A get-together, for the sheer fun and joy of it, would be best I believe. Why not a painting holiday week which you all book together for 2004 - I can recommend a smashing place in Majorca, I know the tutor and the people who run it, it isn't ridiculously expensive, and I am sure you would all have the most wonderful time painting together. The organisers are great hosts, the food is superb, the scenery is terrific, they take you out to different locations regularly, the house is really comfy and there are lots of rooms. At the end of the painting week, they always organise a little exhibition, so you would have a chance to put up some work, without any pressure involved. There are also plenty of places in the UK that do similar things - just less guarantee of good weather to paint in! An alternative is simply to go to a hotel all together, and simply paint. A long weekend somewhere central would be good, with a "show up" of work at the end of it. Or why not just take advantage of someone's hospitality (someone with a big enough house!), and paint together, and share ideas and help each other, and bring along work to show and talk about. That would be the least expensive, and probably least angst-making idea. Best way to do this is for the host/hostess to be specific. Come up with a date. Say how many people you could accommodate. Say how much it would cost (everyone should chip in for food costs, light and heat etc). Then see how many people actually COMMIT to doing it.

I really think that the London exhibition idea, nice tho it is in principle, could involve a LOT of effort, for a potentially disappointing reward, seeing as exhibiting and selling tend to go hand in hand.

Ducking now.....................

Jackie

soap
06-19-2003, 02:10 PM
THANK YOU so much, Jackie!! You're not the voice of doom, probably just the voice of reality......we'd probably needed it......:D
We can have a little think about all the pro's and con's....

I love the idea of a painting week/weekend somewhere...with or without an exhibition to follow (wasn't that my initial suggestion? LOL..sorry!).....If Smudge can put us up for one night, that might be the start of something great and we can maybe organise something bigger for spring/summer 2004.....either in Majorca or in the UK.....or wherever. Places that have experience in organising these things would be great of course, as it saves us a lot of trouble......I suppose that is a matter of looking through painting holidays.....see what locations they use and see if we can 'borrow' those locations for a week or so.....

Again, thanks so much Jackie for your words of wisdom......

jackiesimmonds
06-19-2003, 02:24 PM
No probs. I can certainly recommend the Majorca painting week and if you want the details, let me know. If you book well in advance, you should get in all together.

Otherwise, I have one or two other ideas. Let me know if you want to know about them. For instance, I know of a lovely place in the mountains of Andalucia, where a few of you can stay in an Artist's home, with superb garden with views across the village and a plunge pool, each of you in your own little self-contained unit with its own wee fridge and cooker, and you can go out for meals of an evening. It is one of the "white villages", FANTASTIC for painting, and I know the lady who owns the house. Booked long enough in advance, there would be enough accommodation for quite a few of you, and if you needed more, there's the little house opposite too, and others in the village within walking distance. It is just gorgeous, I rented it once for a painting holiday I ran. ( And no I don't want to organise another, thanks - I nearly had a nervous breakdown organising THAT one! I was travel agent, tutor, driver, and even cook on occasion. I came home really needing a holiday!) Anyway - if you want the details I can give it to you. It would be cheaper than doing a painting holiday.

Jackie

E-J
06-19-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by jackiesimmonds
Anyway - if you want the details I can give it to you. It would be cheaper than doing a painting holiday.

Now THAT sounds superb!

jackiesimmonds
06-19-2003, 02:43 PM
Okay I will give the details to the person who wants to be Chief Organiser and Travel Agent.

Volounteers? Anyone?

(this will sort out the men from the boys..............)

Jackie

Dark_Shades
06-19-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by jackiesimmonds
Okay I will give the details to the person who wants to be Chief Organiser and Travel Agent.

Volounteers? Anyone?

(this will sort out the men from the boys..............)

Jackie

Sounds like a job for Smudge then........ lolol :evil:

..... well volunteered Smudge :D ;)

Smudger
06-19-2003, 03:02 PM
OK lets have the party first and see if you can get me drunk enough to agree:D

angeline
06-20-2003, 03:22 AM
Now I really like what has been talked about while I worked hard on my castle!........lol :angel:
I am glad the idea of an exibition was halted I was feeling a tad nervous and probably would of had to duck out there.
A painting holiday sounds lovely!
Wd smudge for volunteering........lol :evil:

soap
06-20-2003, 03:23 AM
I'd love the help you out Smudge with the logisticks of things as I don't get drunk.......(ooh boring me....yeah sorry :D).....

Smudger
06-20-2003, 04:45 AM
Thanks Soap...I'll need it:D

Mo.
06-20-2003, 06:37 PM
Sophie, Smudge... I think your idea is brill, the little exhibition too sounded great to me, but maybe we need to give it more thought.

To be able to organise a meet somewhere convenient to all sounds ideal. Smudge you are very generous in offering up your home to everyone, but your location may be inconvenient to some, I think I could manage it... I am saving towards a weekend in Venice next year, not that flushed for money, as both hubby and myself are retired...but love the idea of us all meeting up somewhere and getting to know each other better, what a riot it could....would be :D

Lets work on it. :)

Cheers,
Mo.

Dark_Shades
06-20-2003, 06:43 PM
hey Mo...... Im planning to go to Italy next year too :)

..... funnily enough today at work, they are advertising all 'Time Out' paperbacks....... have loads on special places..... Rome, Venice, New York that sort of thing ...... best places to visit...... will have to have a gander lol

Mo.
06-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Dawn, as you know my dear daughter is into making masks, so we want to go to Venice for the masked carnival in Feb... but she has high ideas of going to the Doges Ball... can you imagine me dresssed up in one of those get ups :D:D

soap
06-21-2003, 01:13 AM
Glad you're up for it Mo!! Should be good fun.

Venice.........aah.......sigh.......jealous!

jackiesimmonds
06-21-2003, 03:53 AM
For those of you planning to visit Venice - as you may know, I visit there from time to time, have been for the Carnival, and can offer some advice on travel and inexpensive places to stay and online travel agents to look at, if anyone wants. Just pm me.

Oh yes - and if you take The Artist (UK) magazine, look out at the end of the year, I have done an article on travelling to Venice for the Carnival. Might be in the December issue. However, it might be best to book earlier, even tho last minute accommodation is always available.

Jackie

Dark_Shades
06-21-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Mo.
Dawn, as you know my dear daughter is into making masks, so we want to go to Venice for the masked carnival in Feb... but she has high ideas of going to the Doges Ball... can you imagine me dresssed up in one of those get ups :D:D

Ohhhhhhh Mo ........ can I come with you to ........ pleeeeease :)

..... are you flying there :crying: