PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Michaelangelo-June 2012

trafford
06-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi, folks. Looks like some good projects this month. Sandra is already at work with some neat sketches and a great looking troll.

I feel water logged...not a speck of gold in the sky...dark and dreary. Wanted to put a coat of polyurethane on my new tiles, but it's too damp.

Am going to make some pasta and beans for supper tonight. Am eating out of the pantry until I can get to the super market Wednesday. Ran out of cheese and I feel deprived.

What are you all up to? :cool:

artbyjune
06-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi Janet. We are back with rain too!

I am having hiccups with my scanner/printer. I hope I don't have to buy another one.

azulparsnip
06-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Janet - I'm glad you have tiles done to seal!

June - we have had poor longevity with printers.

the cold is back - I got my warm house robe back out of storage....on the up side....I stayed up lastnight working with Chinese ink strokes. loved every minute!

trafford
06-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Chinese ink strokes...you must let us see. What kind of brush and ink/paint are you using?

Finally got some clear sunny days and could finish off my tiles. Here's one of them:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2012/42757-sleeping_friends1.JPG

artbyjune
06-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Love the bold colours Janet. I did the WDE this weekend...but nothing else. Ordered a book on Singer Sargent online (reasonably priced paperback on his watercolours) but it hasn't arrived yet. Apparently its in French so I'll only be able to enjoy the pictures not the text...unless my high school French comes back to mind!! Usually I look at the pix not the texts of art books anyway!!

azulparsnip
06-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Nice cuddly picture, Janet. Very unusual. You get so much in on these tiles. The little portrait on the wall pulls me right in the room!

June, I hope you get alot of enjoyment from the new book.

My chinese calligraphy is not worth showing at present. I'm going to a workshop this saturday with daughter #2. She is a pro.

Andy is retiring from 33 years at work this week!!!

artbyjune
06-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Hi Robin. Have a great week at the beach!! I wish I was going!

The Sargent book is terrific...lots of watercolour paintings with close ups of details. Only a page or two of French text. I can decipher a word here and there...but its mainly a painting showcase so it doesn't matter that I can't read the text.

azulparsnip
06-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Hi all - back from vacation - Had a wonderful, refreshing time.

Will post some sketches soon.

The chiggers are "evil" this year. Just back from the beach and I already have 10 of the little devils embedded in various locations some unmentionable!!! grrrr

trafford
06-27-2012, 06:20 AM
Ugh! Chiggers Sounds pretty awful. I'm sure your vacation was a lot better than that.
I am suffering from a lot of joint pain, so haven't posted much. Hope to catch up soon...janet

tyree
06-27-2012, 12:39 PM
hello to everyone....its wet and soggy here in florida....grass is about 200 ft tall:evil: ....im getting finally ready to post my Homer tonight,,,it does need more touch up...buts its not like its going to be hanging in the Louvre...:D tyree:wave:

azulparsnip
06-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Yeah, Tyree I too finally got around to fishing around with Winslow Homer....now I understand why folk like to paint boats, they have a beautiful form

Here's a little something I did while on vacation - oil lampshttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Jun-2012/88676-lamps2378_copy.jpg

azulparsnip
06-28-2012, 08:24 AM
oops - kinda large