PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 17th June

Mo.
06-17-2003, 05:32 AM
G'morning everyone..... it's another bright sunny day here, hope it is with you too... well the grass won't get cut today, the mower's busted..... So that's one less job to do.... . :D

Off to the park now to see my Swan and the three little cygnets......

The female is still at the sanctuary, looks like she will not be re-united with her family....... they did try, but she was too poorly, showed no interest at all in her cygnets... and now because of the time lapse, the male may attack her as his prime thought is to protect his cygnets.... so sad.

Have a great day .

chees,
Mo.

soap
06-17-2003, 06:00 AM
Goodmorning! The nice weather is gone......still quite warm, but completely overcast.......
Nice to hear an update (although a sad one) on the swans, Mo.
Am gonna do some bits and bobs today....go shopping to get some DIY tools, and a box for the wedding invitations. I spend yesterday printing them all day and hopefully I can send them off tomorrow. Tonight is my life class - am looking forward to that.
Will go back to my books tomorrow too.....

What are you all up to?

angeline
06-17-2003, 06:58 AM
Good morning!
It can't decide if it wants to be sunny here today or not.
I have a venepunture course this afternoon........taking blood.
then some off duty to do ready for going back in to work on thurs.....my last run of nights before hols!
Mo that is so sad about the swan.........
Oh we had one of the kids bikes stolen out of our back on sunday.....such mean people in this world....it was a little trycicle...stealing from a child is so low!
I have planned to go into town (manchester)tommorrow.......going to pick up some videos to take my parents and then browse the big art gallery....I have never been before is that sad or what?
Looking forward to seeing what you do in your class tonight Soap.......wish i could come but hubby works evenings.:(
Have a good day all.

E-J
06-17-2003, 07:13 AM
Well, I'm at work and am about to go hunting/gathering at Sainsbury's for my lunch!

My long w/e in Brussels was great fun ... weather was mostly 30° sunshine ... drank lots of kriekbier and stuffed myself with yummy food ... and saw some great paintings by Brueghel, Bosch, Magritte and Delvaux.

[B]Sophie, tonight's my life class too! The first two days of each week I have evening classes, and after a full day of work it's pretty tiring. I no longer get much time to devote to my pastels, or to the leisurely cooking/eating/drinking/chatting type evenings that my husband and I used to enjoy. Next term I may have to reconsider taking classes on two consecutive days each week ~ it's just too much.

Wishing you lot a happy day :)

Dark_Shades
06-17-2003, 08:22 AM
well been Pouring of rain all morning here........ Sun is trying to come out now though

ohhhhhhh guess what I saw yesterday!!! ....... just driving down the road near to my house, this man was walking along, ..... something about he's movement caught my eye..... so I looked again........... ????? ................ he was wearing!!!

a BOA CONSTRICTOR!!!! or perhaps a Python!!

...... dunno ........ but it was BLOODY BIG!!! lol

omg!!! ......... He was just moving it off he's shoulder...... ewwwwwwwww .......... I suppose he was taking it for a walk :confused: :D

Smudger
06-17-2003, 08:45 AM
It's just started to persist down here:D did you send it this way Dawn?

i'm trying to get work done and STILL trying to get my Chelsea pic finished before i leave for NY on Sunday

A Boa!!! It all hapens around you Dawn:D :D

Anodyne
06-17-2003, 09:01 AM
G'morning all, my english class was canceled due to flu , its nice to not have to get started early. I havent posted much here and can not create more work till my wrist is better :crying:

Where in NY are you headed Smudger?

-Sonia =^.^=

Smudger
06-17-2003, 09:08 AM
Sonia Hope your wrist gets better soon, i'll be staying on 5th Avenue until Wednesday, some work... some pleasure:D

soap
06-17-2003, 09:29 AM
LOL - Dawn! :D What part of Britain are you living? Must be very exotic! :D

Have fun in town Angeline - I've visited the Art Gallery (for the first time ;)) a couple of weeks ago - it's good!
E-J.....Brussels.....aah....now that's nice.....can't wait to go too..just planned a trip to Belgium and France for later this summer.....I love Waterzooi (did you try that) and mussels but am useless with beer.....:D (hmm.....getting hungry......)
Gosh, a lot of travelling going on here....Smudge to NY......never been there except an immense airport.....was not very nice.....

Anyway....finished my cards....sending them off tomorrow at the post office......I gave the couple the final choice over which crop to use for the cards......they chose the full image...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jun-2003/15421-cards_pic_3.jpg

Smudger
06-17-2003, 09:56 AM
The cards look great!!!:clap: :clap:

Dark_Shades
06-17-2003, 11:57 AM
ohhhhhhh youre cards look wonderful Soap ....... well done :clap:

...... they are sooooooo original to boot too ...... excellent

..... ohhhh you lucky devil :evil: Smudge........ the nearest Id get to NY ........ is Near You lololol

PS Smudge..... you were right....... email prob is my ISP ...... they finally got an email through saying they are updating and improving the system :p :p :p ..... still not working properly and emails coming in still from the 7th :p

bnoonan
06-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Wow - Smudger have fun in NYC. I used to work for a company that was on 54th at 5th and I love that town. Wish I were going.

Instead i'm off to shop for groceries. The poor boy has been without food in the house as I've been painting, painting and running errands. Now it's off to get inspired at the food warehouse. Oh boy.

Dawn - did you ask him to pose for you? The boa I mean?

Tonight is my pastel class which is the final night with the good looking body. I hope to accomplish the impossible - like finishing the piece.

Sophie - great job on the cards.

Sonia - hope that wrist heals soon so you can come back and play.

Mo - nice painting of that swan and family.

EJ - any photos of your trip to Brussels that you care to share?

Hayley - I was a phlebotomist in my previous life. (actually a medical technologist) I'd rather paint!

Oh before I forget, I went to a local street chalk festival this weekend and shot about 160 photos. Here is a tiny piece of them.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jun-2003/13264-1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jun-2003/13264-2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jun-2003/13264-3.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jun-2003/13264-4.jpg

enjoy - Barb

E-J
06-17-2003, 06:43 PM
Barb, they are all stunning pieces, aren't they ... especially that Italianate landscape ... roughly how many artists were taking part? It sounds like excellent fun. I took a few photos in Brussels, not with my Nikon or digital camera but with the small APS camera I use just for snaps ... my efforts were a bit half-hearted [a surfeit of beer perhaps :)] and I'm terrible at remembering to get my films developed ... so we'll see ...

Mark, have a fab time in New York! I recommend you get yourself to Chinatown, cruise the six floors of art materials at Pearl Paint and after spending way too much money, go and try the soft shell crab and an ice cold Tsing Tao at 'Great NY Noodle Town' :)

Sophie ... I tried a mouthful of a waterzooi with chicken but found it surprisingly bland compared to the rich sauces that so many of the other traditional dishes came with. Btw, your cards look great! :clap:

Mo.
06-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Gosh what a lot of posts here today, isn't it great.:D

Dawn it's been lovely and sunny all day today... thought I'd let you know... rain tomorrow though... Had to laugh at the Boa constrictor.. I actually let one of those slide over my shoulder and arm... it was huge and heavy too, It was an albino... a beautiful creamy colour, I was so surprised to find that they were not cold and slimey as I alwasys imagined snakes to be but the feel of them is quite sensual... warm and silky... I was amazed at the calming feeling just stroking this snake gave me.... weird Hey?

Smudge you lucky beggar ..have a great time.. think of us back home won't you?

Sonia, hope you heal quickly, can't be much fun for you.:(

Sophie, glad you posted they look very professional and unique, I bet they are thrilled, you too, you've worked so hard on this project...what a super achievement :clap: :clap: Brilliant !:)

E-J good to see you back, glad you had a great time over the weekend... will you stop pigging out...:D:D here's me trying to lose a little weight too. :p

Barb... It's not my painting. :D it's Dawn's... my photo.. Dawn's painting... she did a grand job too... I love it.:)

Those pavement artists are bloody brilliant... amazing work.

cheers,
Mo.