PDA

View Full Version : advice?

orchid black
06-16-2003, 06:35 PM
Here's a pen and ink drawing I did for a friend. He was there with me for the beginning of the drawing, and wanted a pond.... couldn't do it.... can anyone offer any advice on how to fix this? I will just start over, but he wants to keep this one, even after I create a new one. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jun-2003/12065-LeosPic2.jpg

orchid black
06-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Sorry it's a bit hazy... I'll try to rescan for more detail......:rolleyes:

JustjoGA
06-16-2003, 06:51 PM
I think this is a great drawing in every aspect other than the pond... the perspective is off on the water, not sure how it would be fixed.

drwells
06-16-2003, 11:08 PM
Hey Tiny! (btw love your name) :D

I could be wrong but I think the pond is stuck the way it is on this drawing. (the problem with ink) Oh well, chalk it up to an experience. :) What you need to do on the next one is show less of the pond. Right now you have it turned up so you can see it, but really it should have been flatter so you wouldn't see so much of it. I hope you don't mind. I tweaked it a little in painter. This is just my opinon and since all I draw is trees. I hope others can help. :)

BTW I love the tree!!! I totally love the walk. The little pebbles are an awesome touch. You've got a lucky friend.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jun-2003/8954-LeosPic2.JPG

orchid black
06-17-2003, 02:17 AM
JustjoGA ~ Thanks for the comments! I really appreciate all of them.

drwells ~ Thanks! The name has been in our family for generations. I've become quite attached to it, myself. ;)

As for the tweaking in painter, thank you so much! I learn much more visually than just having someone explain how it should look. Now I can begin on a new one that has correct perspective on the pond. As I mentioned in one of your earlier posts, I love trees, too! Normally, though, I draw dead trees... here, I tried to get a living one. My friend mentioned to me how he usually draws them dead, as well. I guess it's the easy way out! lol.... So we decided it should be alive and well. I think it's too round, though. Maybe it fits, because when I'm drawing in this style, it kind of lends itself more to a Tim Burton feel than anything else. I don't know..... I'll post the next one as soon as possible.

Thanks again for the insight! It really helps.

orchid black
06-17-2003, 02:20 AM
BTW, drwells ~

I was born in Mesa, Arizona, and once had a teacher tell me it was a made-up town! She never would believe me....... :mad:

drwells
06-17-2003, 07:32 PM
I was born in Mesa, Arizona, and once had a teacher tell me it was a made-up town! She never would believe me.......

Your teacher may need to re-examine her profession. :D

I think Mesa is the third largest city in Arizona. I was born in Chandler but have lived in Mesa the past 5 years or so.

And IMO naked trees are harder :) You can't hide anything behind leaves. :) He he he

Danny

orchid black
06-18-2003, 08:56 AM
I was born in Mesa and lived in Chandler!!! And yeah, I don't think she quite understood what she was talking about....:angel: