PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 16/6/03

angeline
06-16-2003, 02:55 PM
Well hello everyone!
Hope you have all had a lovely day!
It's been bright and sunny here in normally gloomy gret manchester.......so making the most of it again...we went to the park and spent 4 hours there.
I had my sketch book with me and managed some trees......well the sort of reseble them anyway!......lol Some people at the park looked warily at me thinking i might be drawing them!.......lol
It was my first time plein aire and i did feel a little self concious but then was concentrating so hard on what i was doing i couldn't care less!
I got taken out last night by a gay friend .....it was fun....cos he dresses up as a woman.......the looks we got together was hilarious!.........lol
Oh and i have just been invited to a bbq on sat.....live is good.
How are you all?

sundiver
06-16-2003, 03:11 PM
I'm glad somebody's having nice weather because we sure aren't! It feels more like March than June today.
It's the last week of school for the kids here and as things are winding down the kids are winding up. I'm keeping sane by playing with the same piece of gessoed, sanded wc paper I was using last week. I've washed it off at least 6 times- more to see what happens than anything else. Last wash the color didn't all come off but there was still lots of tooth for another go. This time it's a detail of a calendar painting; a little gaudy perhaps, with the cheap Prang Pastellos.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jun-2003/6393-calendar_detail.jpg

Students are now gone home so I'd better get calculatin' and get those marks in. I need a cup of high-octane Tim Horton coffee to get me going. :)

Mikki Petersen
06-16-2003, 04:01 PM
Sundiver, your painting is a beauty. Interesting that you are re-re-re-re-using the same surface. I knew teachers were underpaid but...should we all chip in for some new paper for you, LOL?

I've been going around the neighborhood this morning taking pictures of everything is sight so I will have a record of where I once lived. Only two more weeks in this ol' house...

We are having one of our scortching summer days that the Sacramento Valley is famous for...Supposed to be 100F today but I was already sweaty at 9:00am. Will be locked in with the air conditioning the rest of today.