GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Sunbeam
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24 x 48
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I painted this during the first warm days of Spring. The sun beamed through my studio windows and I wanted to capture that feeling of happiness that comes with Spring, as the world outside tu<br>ed green.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
This is very different from my other work, more simplistic. Is it too simplistic, underdeveloped?

dgford
06-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Bold and simplistic and it carries your message.
If I were designing it I think I would have dropped the sun a little so that the bottom edge was just below the window sill. Just to imply a "wakening".
Congratulations.
Geoff

tgsloth
06-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Subjectively, I'm not too crazy about this but I recognize that it's strikingly original and that's a rare accomplishment. Another viewer could adore it and it could well be developed into a series.

eyecandy2
06-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Nice play with compliments. Maybe a greater variation of values might help make this a little more interesting. All of your values here are the same.

ruby254
06-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Thank you very much for the feedback.
Geoff, I had no plan in mind when I started it, only that I wanted lots f color. I like your suggestion and I've been thinking about doing a series so I may incorporate that.
tgsloth, it's funny that you say that because this is so different to anything else I've done, not my style really. I was just aiming for something colorful and striking and it was fun to paint :) I posted the latest piece I've been working on in WIP, a more serious piece for me.