Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Other
Dimension: 20x30
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
A giant hag in a windy landscape.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
The hair is both a cloud and her hair blowing. Hope it works.

La_
06-03-2012, 02:55 PM
aptly titled

chaotic, messy, ugly, i expect this was your intent

i'd like to see the paint leave the edges

la

Jody Schmidt
06-07-2012, 08:17 AM
aptly titled

chaotic, messy, ugly, i expect this was your intent

i'd like to see the paint leave the edges

la Thanks. It was indeed: it isn't easy to make something so bad that it has a chance of being good. Takes a lot of practice at being bad! ;)
Ciao.

Coen1
06-07-2012, 01:52 PM
To me it works, Jody, being bad.:) I'm less sure about the cloud/hair-thing. Looks to me as if something is bumping against her head. Still, like your previous paintings of recent past time, you're drawing my attention.

eyecandy2
06-07-2012, 04:22 PM
I don't know how to critique a painting like this. The color selection is not great and the forms meaningless. It doesn't conform to any of the artistic basics, not in form or color. Sorry but I don't like it.

Debzy
06-08-2012, 09:51 AM
It's not one that I would hang in my home either, but it is interesting in an abstract way and may appeal to some! I'm not too keen on the hair being the cloud, i don't think it looks like either, I don't really see the connection. More wispy maybe???Perhaps if you had a meaning behind the painting I could understand it better! As La said, it is certainly chaotic and ugly, life can be like that sometimes and this is perhaps the feeling you are trying to portray. it may work well in a psychologists or counsellors waiting room? It certainly has that lonely detached mood surrounding it. Just my opinion, could be way off the mark here. Apologies if I am,..... Cheers. Debs. =))

Jody Schmidt
06-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Coen1- Thanks! The cloud-hair does look too solid to be either hair or cloud. May try to 'wisp it up' a bit. :)

eyecandy2- No thang, eyecandy2. Thanks for commenting!

Debzy- I was giving too much in the way of narration and explanation for some earlier posted stuff, so have been veering toward less explanation and meaning as of late. May have veered too far in the minimal direction. And, it would be an honor if this hung in a counsellor's waiting room.