PDA

View Full Version : Simple Nude

tazzles
06-16-2003, 10:14 AM
G'day,

Gotta get to use that 'butt' icon :)

Here's a simple nude heavily post-processed to disguise the fact that it is a Poser render.

plumpfairy
06-16-2003, 01:04 PM
:D Lovely! Very soft.
jana:D ;)

baquitania
06-16-2003, 02:10 PM
I know this may seem like an infantile question, but I figure I will ask and be at all your mercies :D

Is Poser & Bryce very very hard to learn, can one just click away with a modicum of common sense and say computer & graphic software program knowledge, and create?

I am really tempted to step into these programs...

Oh and please don't take offense tazzles, this is NOT to say your Nude is just that simple. I can see the work it took to do. It just makes ME want to try Poser even more ;)

Please to advise, and thank you for educating me.

Bobby

tazzles
06-16-2003, 09:06 PM
Is Poser & Bryce very very hard to learn, can one just click away with a modicum of common sense and say computer & graphic software program knowledge, and create?

It's always difficult to answer question like that. What is difficult for one is easy for another.

However:

1. Poser & Bryce are widely used.
2. There are many active and helpful support forums
3. There is heaps of free stuff for these programs
4. Both programs are cheap for the functionality they offer
5. Like all complex software there are some quirks and tricks to learn
6. Both Poser & Bryce are easier to learn than true 3D modellers like Maya or 3DSMax or Lightwave or Truescape or SoftImage or Rhino etc
7. For Poser and Bryce all you really need is some patience in the early learning stages, especially with the quirky user interfaces.
8. Both programs have somewhat clouded futures at this time. Poser has no real competitor right now though Daz3d is working on one. Vue d'Esprit actively competes with Bryce.

My 2c FWIW.

KweeChaLa
06-17-2003, 12:33 AM
Poser is actually very simple to learn and in concert with Photoshop can produce some very interesting images. Although I have used Bryce quite a bit I am less than a fan. IMHO the developers could have spent more time on tweaking the rendering engine and less on creating a cutesy interface, so it didnt take all day and night to do a simple rendering (even with half a gig of RAM onboard...). For my money the better rendering engine is in POV-Ray (which is also freeware...) if you are going to do 3D landscapes. If hand coding the script files is not for you at first you can always use Breeze Designer as a front end.

Kwee