PDA

View Full Version : A little busy, but I like it

DSPIT
06-15-2003, 01:58 PM
After trying to do the P/I wash thing in Murray's project I stayed away from the pens for a bit as I was totally disappointed. There were so many good pieces I didn't even have time to respond to them all. But I was very unhappy with mine.

Then Seejay got me going with those sketches so I worked on another set of trees and wanted to fill in the background more interestingly. So I did a couple of studies and then did this one.

Once again, the jpeg doesn't do this drawing justice. I know almost everyone has this problem, but I have seen some works that I know that if they could post like this, than so should I as well, just dont get it. Anyway, here is this one and I am working on another similar with a person in it.

Comments welcome.

MonicaB
06-15-2003, 02:10 PM
Omigawd! This is so awesome. I just love it. I'm really glad you picked up your pen again. Just so you know, I am having the same problem with both washes and scans! Both come out much worse than I want them to . . . :D

Jakeally
06-15-2003, 05:41 PM
This is just fantastic:clap: :clap: :clap: Believe me.... we all have these fears and insecurities....it really is just a step in this creative proccess. Get over it:evil: :D :evil:
Now....c'mon....get that pen out again and show us the results. The main thing is to be yourself.....ignore what others are doing....they are all at different stages in there learning anyway so you can't take that into account.
Each drawing you do will teach you something new ( well....that is the way it happens for me LOL)
This is a really exciting drawing.....you should be proud of it:D :cat:

Rose Queen
06-15-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by DSPIT
...I was very unhappy with mine.

Well, I hope you're thrilled with this one, 'cause you should be! :clap: :clap: :clap:

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

DSPIT
06-15-2003, 06:41 PM
Thanx all for the positive comments. Even though this didnt have a wash, I was reeeeelly happy with the final results. Like my subject says, I thought was busy, there is almost to much to look at. But if you slow down and take them one at a time, there are a lot of different techniques used.

Monica, yeah I think that is just a general problem with going from a high res to jpeg, cut down to size. It sure seems like some people have that figured out better and it shows. I would just like them to be a tad better. But Ill live for now.:D

Jakeally, I pretty proud of it. And I am already working on another. But wouldn't expect to have it out for a day or so. Limited time you know.:rolleyes:

Rose, Yep pretty happy with it.

Bob

seejay
06-15-2003, 07:57 PM
I like it too! Marvellous ink work.

What tools did you use for this???

:clap: :clap:

artdude
06-16-2003, 08:58 AM
This is GREAT Bob!! SO much detail!! A nice range of values in this too. It also has an illustrative look to it and would go nicely in a book. You have a lot going on here, but that is what makes it so good. I like looking at all the different aspects in this drawing! Definitely one of your better pieces!! :D:)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

DSPIT
06-16-2003, 10:41 AM
Hi SeeJay- I used a dip scratch pen to do the large tree on the left and many of the other parts. I also used a 1/0 Rapidograph tech pen for a lot of the right side tree fill and then used a Pentel brush pen for the back ground fill and droopy moss. Speaking of which, I noted, the moss on the main tree is kinda skewed, oh well.

Artdude, coming from you, I will take that as a very nice compliment. Your wash project turned out really nice. Some really interesting stuff happening there. Congrats on that!!

Bob

orchid black
06-16-2003, 02:02 PM
FANTASTIC!!! I love the detail and I believe you've gotten exactly the right balance of white paper and detail. I could actually see it being a bit busier without losing the viewer. Great job!:clap:

drwells
06-16-2003, 04:54 PM
Hey Bob!! You've got something here. Keep with this style for a bit. :) It is kewl!!! Can't wait to see the next one. :)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

danny

DSPIT
06-16-2003, 05:49 PM
THanx for comments all,

Orchid Black - Busier!! you think......OK. the one I am doing now has a focal subject, hopefully it will work out (think I replied to a post by you and called you Black Orchid,,,,,apologies)

Drwells, got another one a little less than half done. Should be a day or two with any luck. I think I will keep with the style a bit. this style is something I have developed over some years, but always without much well done back ground. so I am focusing on that right now. I want to get some of that looking a bit better before I try and larger ones. Especially ferns and stuff. For some reason they seem to be a weak spot I would like to fix.

Bob

orchid black
06-16-2003, 05:58 PM
No problem with the name... my real name's Tiny, and you should see the names I get on all my mail.

About the "busier" comment, what I mean is you could still add more plant life or some applicable subject to a bit of the white space, without losing the viewer. Not a lot, mind you, and this is just an opinion. I tend to like busier drawings, because there's always something new to see when you return to it.

Axl
06-16-2003, 09:46 PM
I very-much enjoy this :D It is busy, but not in a bad way, sinse it works sooo well together, as a whole. nice!

jjsangel
06-17-2003, 12:52 AM
I think this is great. I love all the different textures and I don't think it is to busy at all. I like having all the different elements to look at. Makes it all the more interesting....:D

DSPIT
06-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Thanx Axl, Sorry havent had time for the chat room in some time. Life at our house has been crazy busy. Only time I have to do ANY artwork at all is about the time I used to be on. Miss talking with every one, (even your quick little snips :evil: Just not enough time for everything.

Sharon, thanx, this particular piece might be a little busy to try the water color pencil thing, but I do a lot of single tree sketches using this method and that is what I can not seem to get some color to work well. Mostly a medium things. That was why I was interested and trying them and your explanation on how to use them was greatly appreciated. May have more questions for you in the future.

Bob

chookbrown
06-17-2003, 04:52 PM
This busy is great!!!!

chooky :D:D:D

DSPIT
06-18-2003, 10:58 AM
Thanx Chooky

BTDogMom
06-18-2003, 01:24 PM
I think it's gorgeous!!

mel-ink
06-18-2003, 01:28 PM
Beautiful work Bob!! I like the loads of little details...could sit and just look at it forever! Am looking forward to the next one!! Please be sure to post!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

DSPIT
06-18-2003, 03:47 PM
Thanx Jamie,

Mel, I hope I can. I almost finished at lunch today. But been having difficulties with my scanner. I may have to fiddle around with digital pics so it depends on how well that goes. But it looks nice so far and some of the things that were my first tries in this one, I was a little more confident at in the second one and it shows.....well some :D Post it soon as I can and thanx for the kind words.

Bob

Lumina
06-20-2003, 07:08 PM
Another fantastic drawing. I am always looking for inspiration and your drawings are getting my blood flowing (now I just need the ink to flow).

DragonladyfromOz
06-22-2003, 08:28 PM
Whooohooo wow! I REALLY like this Dspit! I am a 'busy' picture kind of person as I love to look at lots of details in a picture and find things for myself. I also like the balance you have achieved with the high contrast - looks great!
Cheers
Manda

DSPIT
06-22-2003, 11:17 PM
Thanx for the positive feed back Manda.

Bob

sassybird
06-23-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by DSPIT
After trying to do the P/I wash thing in Murray's project I stayed away from the pens for a bit as I was totally disappointed. There were so many good pieces I didn't even have time to respond to them all. But I was very unhappy with mine.

Then Seejay got me going with those sketches so I worked on another set of trees and wanted to fill in the background more interestingly. So I did a couple of studies and then did this one.

Once again, the jpeg doesn't do this drawing justice. I know almost everyone has this problem, but I have seen some works that I know that if they could post like this, than so should I as well, just dont get it. Anyway, here is this one and I am working on another similar with a person in it.

Comments welcome.

This is not too busy at all for the subject. It is a powerful piece, and you did a wonderful job:D:clap: :clap:

DSPIT
06-23-2003, 02:32 PM
Thanx Seejay.

Bob

amanda
06-24-2003, 04:12 AM
Busy is good sometimes. I think it makes people really look at your work. This is detailed but I wouldn't call it busy though.

DSPIT
06-24-2003, 02:44 PM
Thanx for stopping and by and looking Amanda, just testing some ideas and stuff.

Bob