PDA

View Full Version : Autumn Beginngs at Merrimac

tylerminix1231
05-31-2012, 09:24 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-31-2012/1071662_fall_scene.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Autumn Beginngs at Merrimac
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Another short plein air I did last year.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any and all critiques :)

Debzy
06-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Nice colours and great movement! Maybe just a little more merging at the base of the trees, they tend to look a bit unfinished or cut off. Just my opinion!
I like the free and simple style you have though! Very effective! cheers. Debs.

birdhs
06-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Unique composition, expressive. The way the tree branches create a circle make the eye think they are actually moving.

by deliberately distorting the compositional elements you have created a fish-eye effect. I like the effect, altho' it may draw criticism from some.

The brilliance of a low angle of the sun does create a halo effect on some objects- you captured that well. I feel the strong sunlight on the ground, too.

This is a cheerful work, and uplifts the spirits.

I do agree that most of the tree trunks could use just a bit more finishing. They do seem disconnected. But just a tiny bit of correction, be careful not to lose the freshness of your brushstrokes or alter the bright light source.

Thanx 4 posting, this pleaseth our eye, Greg

creativechrissy
06-01-2012, 06:42 PM
I love the movement of this painting and the composition is interesting how it sort of caves in at the top centre. The use of long brushstrokes and the colours work well.

Jonny_L
06-02-2012, 11:39 AM
yeah, i like this. I'm going to split from consensus and say I like the tree trunks looking disconnected from the ground - they have a feeling of dance because of it. But it depends what you are trying to do here.

Great freshness, well done.:clap:

tylerminix1231
06-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Thank you all for the wonderful words. I think I might give the trunks a second look.

God bless,
Tyler.