PDA

View Full Version : What's on my glasses?

madmum
06-15-2003, 08:25 AM
My daughter felt something tickling her nose and took her glasses off. Seems these little bugs are attracted to her! :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2003/10535-Yellow_ladybird_on_glasses_1_small.jpg

Ruth

SunnyJon
06-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Looks like the Japanese lady beetle and they do bite! I am not crazy about them cuz we have been infested with them for 2-3 years but know they have moved on to Minnesota!! Nice shot!:D :cool: :clap:

Flehmen
06-15-2003, 07:54 PM
Somehow I think that'd make a great techie advertisement... Seems like the kind of picture they choose for advertisements. Very pretty little lady beetle.

Take care,
Flehmen

TeAnne
06-15-2003, 09:19 PM
Send the lady bug over here. I need her to eat the aphids off the hibiscus. This is a good shot. I agree, a good advertising photo.

jsr88
06-15-2003, 11:50 PM
:clap: ~ EXCELLENT shot! ~ :clap:

But if those are the "good" kind of LAdy bugs, they sure aren't taking care of MY aphids!

Like SunnyJ we've been totally infested with the bugs for at least three years. The little pests are EVERYWHERE...and they are ferocious! :rolleyes:

madmum
07-03-2003, 06:51 AM
Sorry I forgot to come back!!!! Been soooooo busy.

We rarely see these yellow ladybirds, we get alot more of the red ones. I remember we had a really bad year from them when I was a kid and they were everywhere, and yes they bit! I suppose the population explosion meant there wasn't enough food so they took their frustration out on us.

This was taken with my Fuki finepix 4800 on macro setting, and I took at least 15 rotten shots before I got this one! lol

Flehmen, yes it does look a bit Saatchi and Saatchi lol All I did was put the glasses on a white envelope! ROFL.

Thanks everyone!!!!

Ruth

Bobby D
07-03-2003, 07:10 AM
Splendid shot Ruth I hav'nt seen a yellow ladybird for years we only seem to get the red ones around here, If I could be a bit nity I find the reflection in the glasses a bit distracting.

joemajury
07-03-2003, 07:13 AM
A yellow ladybird.
I never knew these existed.
We don't even get to see the red ones anymore.

Joe
;) ;)