PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 15/6/03

angeline
06-14-2003, 08:04 PM
Happy fathers day!
I have had a lovely day to day .......... been playing with hubby and family in mil's garden......the sun wasn't out much and i didn't take my sketch book! We were all so tired when we got home we fell asleep putting the kids to bed.......so now i will be up half the night.........lol.
So being excited as i am i found out some pics from when i went out to corfu last year.....here is a front and back veiw of my mums house.......and she tells me it's got lots more plants and flowers in this year! Oh I can't wait.........(but I will have to cos the tickets aren't here yet!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jun-2003/19726-Mums_house1.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jun-2003/19726-Mums_2.jpg
We are out tommorrow to a place called Stockley Farm....it should be lovely and sunny......fun for the kids.
Hope you all have a lovely sunday.

Mo.
06-14-2003, 08:21 PM
Happy, happy Dad's day to all Dad's everywhere...

Hayley, you've beaten me to it , I was just about to start this thread when I saw your post...well done... are you feeling lots better now?

I'm envious of your trip to Corfu... it looks so inviting, any room in your suitcase?:D

Been at a B-B-Q tonight, didn't come home til after midnight... good fun, well fed, well slated, and bitten to death by mozzies. :D

Off to bed now... have a great Sunday everyone..... Summer has arrived here, it's hot, very hot.:D
Cheers,
Mo.

Mikki Petersen
06-14-2003, 11:55 PM
OK you guys, stop messing with my head! I have learned that the UK is 8 hours ahead of the US West Coast. When you date the thread for Sunday and talk about having had a nice day...well, it's not a nice thing to do to a confused old lady!

Today, Saturday the 14th we went to the County Fair for our new county. After looking at the entries in their art competition, I do believe I will be entering next year. Anyway, had a great day, ate fried food, and found out a lot about my future home...

Happy Father's Day and a lovely Sunday to you folks who are facing Sunday as we speak...or read...or...whatever...

Dark_Shades
06-15-2003, 05:13 AM
Well its Sunday Morning of Fathers Day here :) ........ had a good day yesterday too ....... beautiful sunshine (as it is again today) ..... walked round an open air Market in the Sunshine (the biggest in Europe) which is on an disused airfield (which was used in the film 'Battle of Britain') ...... sat in the garden for awhile.... watched Tim Henman Lose yet again (tennis) ..... he'd better pick up for Wimbledon :p ..... hey lol, I always tease my hairdresser lolol he's a spit image for Agassi :) ........ and then went 10 pin Bowling with a group of people I worked with from my former company....... good laugh ...... going to walk down to my Dad's with he's card and vino :D ............ and then really need to supervise DH in doing the garden :evil: ha ha ha

Hayley thanks for sharing photos......... can imagine you are soooooo excited........ parents place looks wonderful...... you are going to have such a great time

I must dig out my old photos - we went to Lindos donkies years ago ha ha ..... we stayed in a 'villa' the people who owned it move out into a little room in the courtyard in 'tourist' season (as they all did then) ....... makes for making money, but just behind the villa was an acropolis...... amazing sight...... the village was closed off to traffic....... and everything went by donkey lol .... you would be walking along one of the little streets and hear a shout..... and a herd (what is the collective name for donkies hee hee) of donkeys would come trotting past........ overlooked a horse shoe bay with crystal clear waters...... and you could see shoals of fishes ....... amazing........ Oh and BLOODY Hot lol

hmmmmm the bathrooms were alot to be desired though (wont explain further ha ha ha)

have a good day everyone

angeline
06-15-2003, 07:00 AM
*giggles at confusing Mikki*

DS do share the pics.
Mo I'm feeling much better now thank you.......off out in a bit when we have finished coffee and getting the kids ready.....we didn't wake up till 11am!........lol.

Mikki Petersen
06-15-2003, 11:47 AM
See, I was so confused, I forgot to comment on the pix of Angeline's parent's home. It is so inviting, just sparlkes. And if there are even more flowers now, you will be a busy woman on your holiday.

DS - Please do dig out the photos and share them. Your adventure sounds like something from a book.

Since it's early morning Sunday here, you all are wrapping up now over there, so hope it was a lovely day. We will be going to our son's for a BBQ later. I went to the Library yesterday and found a book on working in OP's (Elliott) and one on working in colored pencil. Gotta go play...

Dark_Shades
06-15-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by 1mpete

DS - Please do dig out the photos and share them. Your adventure sounds like something from a book.

......... thats given me the giggles ........ all my holidays turned out into some sort of adventure lol ...... and someone said to me before now, I should write a book ........ would make a good read hee hee ............ 'things' ...... always happen around me ...... Im always in the wrong place at the wrong time, or perhaps the wrong place at the right time :D :confused: :evil: :angel:

Mikki Petersen
06-15-2003, 01:08 PM
Oh but it makes for such interesting times. My DH and I are explorers at heart and often find ourselves in unusual situations and places. We count on it. Every trip starts with one of us remarking "Here goes another adventure!" From what I have learned of your sense of humor, I can imagine you keep life lively for those around you! Write a book! And fill it with your paintings!

Dark_Shades
06-15-2003, 02:09 PM
lol Mikki, thats the truth :D ;) ......... one of my chat buddies in Texas...... cant stand it when I tell her one of my stories....... she cries with laughter so much that she cant breath lolol....... and Ive held one story back from her, and threatened her with it for when one day we meet, and that I will sit on her whilst I tell it to her ROFL!!! :evil: :D

Ha! Ha! ........ one of my classics, didnt even have to leave home, happened right here in the bathroom lolol ...... still has me in fits of giggles...... 5 years on .......... yup you have to be slightly mad to live in my household....... or failing that a great sense of humour ........ we're always laughing at something

flower
06-15-2003, 04:19 PM
Well its 10.30 pm german time, just got back from my caravan, sorted my visitors and felt jealous that they could stay and i had to go............... LOL there going up to koblenz tomorrow and flying back to scotland tuesday........................it was nice to have english guests but unfortunately i confused them most of the time cos i couldn┤t stop talking german................well thats living so long here LOL............its hot.......hot here too, i┤vre missed posting must get down to so me serious painting, love that house in corfu Angeline, is there room for one more??????????????? perhaps mo and i could share LOL
off in to chat for a bit, speak to you soon, chu▀