PDA

View Full Version : Koh-I-Noor Gioconda pastel pencils review

CoolArtiste
06-14-2003, 07:43 PM
I got a set of 48 for only $20 on E-Bay. I drew a flower with it. The pencils and their leads are slimmer than the other brands. The material is a lot different from the other brands. It seems cheaper. The colors aren't luminous. But what I do like about it is that it is easy to totally remove all the material from paper with a kneaded eraser. You get back the clean paper. This makes it very easy to fix mistakes. It reminds me of drawing with charcoal. Maybe this stuff is really colored charcoal. I dunno. Another thing I like is that it's very easy to blend.

Mikki Petersen
06-14-2003, 11:59 PM
Yes, I got the same set last winter on E-Bay. I have them all mixed up with my Faber Castell's. I think they are slightly softer which may explain the erasure ease and the blending ability. I like that they have different tones than the Faber Castell's which gives me a broader range. I wouldn't pay a lot for them but they are nice to have. If you are into colored pencils, watch for posts for the Prismacolor pencils. You can get terrific deals on them on E-Bay.