GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Autumn Beginnings at Merrimac
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24'' / 60''
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
A short plein air peice I did a couple years ago. I finally got around to composing the music to go with it, but something is not harmonizing at all. I cannot quite put my finger on it.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any impute would be appreciated.

tylerminix1231
05-30-2012, 10:31 PM
oops wrong title, I was thinking of another painting. This one is actually called Amicalola Falls. Sorry bout that.

God bless and thanks in advance for the impute :)
Tyler.

tgsloth
05-30-2012, 11:20 PM
I very much like the composition and randomization of the waterfalls. To me, the biggest issue is the use of a rather intense blue in the falling water. You can see this sort of blue in glaciers but never in moving water. So the water looks frozen. The impression this makes on me blocks me from seeing other aspects of the work, so if you agree, getting the water hue right will open up a deeper analysis of the painting.

Andrewcody
05-31-2012, 01:19 AM
I thought it was Amicalola Falls.

Have to agree with Tgsloth, the falls do look partially frozen

I like the way you have captured the height though in steps
Very realistic

Andrew

she1122
05-31-2012, 02:31 AM
For some reason everything looks flat . Perhaps if you put more color or lighter values in the mid areas, they will become more 3 dimensional. Also, maybe it is just me, but the little Falls in the middle where the water splits into two - well, it looks like legs off of a torso to me . I do love the high position in the painting of the Falls and the divergent cascades of water . You don't have much to tweak !