PDA

View Full Version : Question Time!!

arty
06-13-2003, 11:53 PM
I am seeking advice for the purchase of a digital camera.
I like photography as well as art. I produce a lot of art work and need something to photograph this well, also I have spent many years photographing subjects for my own reference material and enjoyment.
I own a SLR OLMYPUS OM10 35MM CAMERA (old as!!)
Need to up grade to new technology.
Please advise me.

Thankyou

:confused:

Lesley
06-14-2003, 03:15 AM
From what you have said re your needs I think that you need a camera that has manual focus as well as autofocus. The Nikon range is very good in the point and shoot and also the small Canons are good. I found a problem with the small Fujis when I tested them for a friend. I am left eyed and the zoom button is in the wrong spot. It is directly in front of my other eye so I almost had to put my finger in my right eye to zoom in closer. Nikon and Canon take Compact Flash cards which are very rugged and easily available world wide. It also depends on your budget. The Nikon 5700 is currently $2000 Australian and the Canons are less than that. If you want to go to an SLR then I don't think that you can go past a 10D.
As I said, a lot depends on your budget.

TeAnne
06-14-2003, 04:33 AM
I've PM'ed some links to Arty plus the link to my 4500 for sale on ebay. Check out the review I sent you and see what appeals to you. Good luck :)
Te

llis
06-14-2003, 07:24 AM
T:

How about sharing all those links with the group. I'm sure that others will be looking and would love to see them. :)

TeAnne
06-14-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by llis
T:

How about sharing all those links with the group. I'm sure that others will be looking and would love to see them. :)
Not a prob. They're all hiding in Photography 101 on the outside of the forum under photography.

drapier
06-15-2003, 09:09 AM
This is the place TeAnne is talking about (for the new people who may not know there way around)
Photography 101 (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54721)