PDA

View Full Version : Kingfisher

Jakeally
06-13-2003, 08:43 AM
This is the second of my bird pics.
Hope you like:D
Leanne.... I know it only has one leg again....couldn't find a place for the other one:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jun-2003/4535-Kingfisher.jpg

MonicaB
06-13-2003, 09:03 AM
Wow! I think I like this even more than the last one, Chris.

BTDogMom
06-13-2003, 09:59 AM
Chris - *picks jaw up off the floor* - this is BEAUTIFUL!!! OMG - u r really REALLY doing awesome with the ink & color - HOLY COW!!! - I don't think it looks like he has 1 leg - his belly is just in the way cuz he just ate a fish :D - TRULY stunning!:clap: :clap:

rapolina
06-13-2003, 11:23 AM
very beautiful! he has such a smart face!!!
i love also the colors.
:clap: :clap:

ciao, rapolina.

MonicaB
06-13-2003, 11:31 AM
Chris, if you haven't seen this site yet, you'll love it:

http://www.originalbirdart.com/del-olmo.htm

jjsangel
06-13-2003, 12:20 PM
Chris, this is wonderful. I love the colors. I really love your P&I and watercolor works..

Jakeally
06-13-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by MonicaB
Chris, if you haven't seen this site yet, you'll love it:

http://www.originalbirdart.com/del-olmo.htm

Thanks so much for the link Monica.....I hadn't seen that site before. Very interesting
Goodness gracious....don't they all charge a lot for there art.
I thought Robin Berry's Egrets were absolutely stunning. How anyone can paint white egrets like that....well....I am gobsmacked.:D
I plan to go back often:cat:

Jakeally
06-13-2003, 01:53 PM
Thank you so much everyone for your very positive feedback. I guess this is a goer then for the Expand your Horizons project.
Yaaaaay.....only three more to do:D

els
06-13-2003, 02:47 PM
Lovely one Chris...

artdude
06-13-2003, 03:55 PM
:clap: Yet another WONDERFUL bird drawing/painting by Chris!!:clap: :D:)

slatter
06-13-2003, 04:33 PM
Yes, another good looking pen and ink bird.

Jerry

SilverFeather
06-13-2003, 04:54 PM
Hi Chris,
This is such a beautiful bird! I love the subject with no background.

Since I'm interested in adding color to my pen and inks would you tell me which you do first, color or ink, and what kind of color and paper that you use?

Do you do much wildlife art? It's my favorite!

Thanks,
Carol:)

Elankat
06-13-2003, 08:13 PM
lol :)

The one leg doesn't bother me in this one. Probably because the placement of the branch. The colors are gorgeous, Chris.

Inkling
06-14-2003, 01:30 AM
Wow Chris, another lovely one!!

Jakeally
06-14-2003, 05:55 AM
Eamon, Murray, Jerry and Inky.....thank you so much:D What would I do without you;)

Lol Leanne....whew....I'm glad you liked it:cat:

Carol....thank you:D I try every subject but I am very partial to birds and animals at the moment. There are quite a lot of my efforts in this forum.
The paper I use is Fabriano Artistico HP 140lb or 200lb.
Mostly I use watercolours over the pen drawing....make sure you get the right sort of ink so it doesn't bleed. Rotring and Pit Artist pens work well for me as well as waterproof Indian Ink
Coloured pencil works very well too and I would put the CP over the ink drawing too.:cat:

Arcanjo
06-14-2003, 06:03 AM
:D CHris everything is said already . I agree with every word! As BTdogmom says:*picks jaw up off the floor* - this is BEAUTIFUL!!! OMG - u r really REALLY doing awesome with the ink & color - HOLY COW!!! - I don't think it looks like he has 1 leg - his belly is just in the way cuz he just ate a fish - TRULY stunning!

Beijinhos

MJ

Jakeally
06-14-2003, 06:13 AM
Thanks MJ..... I am happy you like my little kingfisher:D

dolors
06-14-2003, 07:38 AM
Chris I cannot add anything new to what has already been said. I LOVE IT. It is beautiful.

seejay
06-14-2003, 09:08 AM
What everyone else said, Chris. Beautiful!

Cheers

mel-ink
06-14-2003, 08:56 PM
How did you put it...I'm GOBSMACKED! Beautiful, beautiful work, Chris!! I can hardly wait to see this next one, they are turning out just super!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jakeally
06-15-2003, 05:13 AM
Dolors, Chris and Mel.......Thanks guys.....your lovely comments are very much appreciated:D :cat:

Mikki Petersen
06-18-2003, 01:05 PM
Wow Chris! You and Audibon! At least you aren't killing your subjects, I hope. This is quite beautiful. I love the colors.

Jakeally
06-18-2003, 01:34 PM
Nooooooooo!!!!!! I wouldn't do that:eek:
Thanks Mikki.....lovely to see you in Pen and Ink:D
Does this mean you are going to expand your horizons in this direction?......I do hope so:D

DSPIT
06-18-2003, 03:54 PM
Chris, to me this is pretty high end illustration/art. Your birds especially are just awsome and you get such full color out of your wc over your ink. The little blurb to Carol gave me some great insight and it is much appreciated.

Bob

Jakeally
06-18-2003, 05:29 PM
Bob....thank you very much for your lovely comments...If I helped a little I am thrilled.:D I do love the addition of colour....and the brighter the better.
Having said that....I still love the impact that black and white gives:confused: :D :cat:

Mikki Petersen
06-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Jakeally
Nooooooooo!!!!!! I wouldn't do that:eek:
Thanks Mikki.....lovely to see you in Pen and Ink:D
Does this mean you are going to expand your horizons in this direction?......I do hope so:D

Thanks Chris! Iwas so impressed by the pen and ink work in the postcard project that I decided to give it a whack. Been a long time since I did any graphite work and I've never been courageous enough to try pen and ink. Looking at some of the work in this forum...I might just be providing laughs for everybody, LOL.

surreal
06-18-2003, 09:37 PM
This is exquisitely beautiful!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

orchid black
06-19-2003, 02:13 AM
This is even better than the previous, if that is possible! Can't wait to see the rest!

Jakeally
06-19-2003, 05:18 AM
Lol Mikki....... I don't believe a word of it....whatever you put your hand to turns out brilliant. I keep looking at my postcard (Pinwheels) and drooling:D

Nina and Orchid......Thank you....so glad you like it:D

Dahzl
06-20-2003, 02:10 AM
Absolutely Beautiful !! :clap: Kingfishers are definately one of my most favourite birds - and you have done a really fantastic job with him/her :D lovely colors and beautifully rendered !!

Wonderful !!

Cheers Dahzl :D

Jakeally
06-20-2003, 07:54 AM
Thanks Dahzl:D They are one of my favourite birds too. I was lucky enough to have one visit my garden pond and it was a real treat to see him fishing.
Don't think my fish felt that way though LOL:D