PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble Friday 13th June 2003

soap
06-13-2003, 02:00 AM
Morning all..........it seems like it is going to be a glorious day here on Friday 13th in Manchester........Blue sky.......ah......yummie........I've been reading yesterday's scumble and noticed the late night talk (for UK-ers) but thought I'd start a new one as a new days has started here!

Hayley - I hope you're getting better now as it must be dreadful to be so itchy! (hope I spelled that right:rolleyes: ) I just got 13 emails from WC, so my system is still working LOL .....maybe I should do what Hayley does and not let any mails from WC reach me......my mailbox is full up every day........but it makes me feel popular....he he......:D

Anyway......my new 'toy' must be left alone today.....snif......have not got any more frames and MUST do some other work......I have the good fortune of writing footnotes today.......LOL.......yeah, the exciting life of a student.......:D:D.....This weekend I am gonna print wedding invitations for a client......hope it goes well first time 'round.

How is your day coming along guys?

Sophie.

Dark_Shades
06-13-2003, 02:31 AM
Morning Soap ......... well its a glorious Sunny morning here down South....... supposed to be HOT! HOT! HOT!, this Weekend.......... gotta get ready for work :p

flower
06-13-2003, 03:23 AM
Good morning, good morning, good morning to you,

Here in Germany its starting off to be another hot......hot.....hot day, im getting visitors from glasgow this afternoon, there staying till tuesday....................................not much chance of getting on again this weekend so i wish you all a nice time.......

flower
06-13-2003, 03:33 AM
Hey Dawn,

Being nosey i thought id read yesterday`s scrumble, i wondered why id not heard from you,
I e-mailed you wednesday...................just wanted you to know............................

angeline
06-13-2003, 05:35 AM
WWhhhhhoooooooohhhhhhhhooooooooo! My shingles are going!
I am not itching half as much and I may be able to go back to work next week!(not due in till next thursday anyway).
Oh I am sooooooo happy ........and only 15 days now untill I fly out to see my mum and dad in corfu! I am really getting excited.....my art bin is here and i have put most of my pastels in the little boxes. I have my foam core board to double up as drawing support and lots of paper........la carte, mi-teintes, art spectrum, and even some sand-paper!.....lol. they have such a wonderful colourful garden ........not like my backyard!
Soap.......I didn't realise you were in manchester! wow we could meet for a coffee sometime!
DS.........I would get confused .....but the forum lets you know about new posts by the symbols at the sides.....a dot on it means i have posted.......then if it is open again i know new posts have been put on and i can go back and check......just watch and you will see what i mean.
Flower ........enjoy your visitors.
I have no idea what i will do today yet.....appart from looking after the children.....hubby is out working from 12 today.

Mo.
06-13-2003, 06:27 AM
G'morning all...or as they say here in Wales Bora Da....that's about the only welsh I know. :D

It's a beautiful sunny day here too, but a pleasant breeze with a cooling offshore breeze, nice.

Sophie, good luck with your invitaions, be sure to show us what you do, I'd love to see them, and good luck to with your studies.

Hayley I can feel your excitement, glad your shingles are going away.
I think I'll print out Mikki's Pastel riot pics and sit in the garden and paint one or two of them...far too lovely a day to be stuck indoors..whatever you do today have fun, and if things go wrong, remember the date. :D

cheers,
Mo.

Dark_Shades
06-13-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by flower
Hey Dawn,

Being nosey i thought id read yesterday`s scrumble, i wondered why id not heard from you,
I e-mailed you wednesday...................just wanted you to know............................

Hi Flower.......... sorry, got BIGGGGGGGG probs with my emails.... Im not getting any .......... wahhhhhhhh and some Id sent arent being rec'd .......... I did email you back to one I got, but I dont know if you ever got it or not now......... Pm's are working though :D

...... hope you are doing well

Kathryn Wilson
06-13-2003, 07:48 AM
Good Morning All and Bora Da to Mo from the East Coast of the US:

Going to be hot, sticky and muggy - probably some showers later in the day. It's Friday the 13th, so y'all take care.

Good going Angeline - make those awful shingles go away, especially now that you are looking forward to Corfu.

Dawn: Did you check with Scott about your problem - has this cropped up since the new web page format?

Flower: How's the finger doing this morning?

angeline
06-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Soap.........now i know you are in manchester I wonder if you know anywhere around here for life classes or anything? I have been hunting around online but am struggling to come up with anything!....i feel like just asking a stranger if they will stand naked for me for a while for a tenner!.......lol
Hello Mo DS and Kyle.......ah well still not up to much the kids are keeping me busy!

Smudger
06-13-2003, 08:09 AM
Hey! Hey! it's a beautiful day!!! :D
Now where's that long extension lead so i can get my puter out in the garden and work from there.

Morning All

Dark_Shades
06-13-2003, 08:24 AM
Lunch time here :) now......... woooooooo hooooooooo Im getting email alerts from WC ....... ohhhhhhh I feel as one now :D

Mo.
06-13-2003, 08:27 AM
Hayley.....:eek: :eek: :eek: :D You floozy you! :D

Dawn, just spoke to D.D. on the phone....it is NTL....she's been having the same problems....but the good news is ...getting better.

soap
06-13-2003, 08:41 AM
Hayley, I send you a pm about life drawing classes....did you get it?

llis
06-13-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by angeline
Soap.......I didn't realise you were in manchester! wow we could meet for a coffee sometime!

Hey: Let's all go over to Manchester and have coffee or tea or whatever. :)

Hope everyone's day is going well. Glad to see your itch is better Soap.

It's raining this morning and it's a good time for me to catch up on some bills that need attention. As you can see, I'd rather talk with y'all than pay the bills. :)

I framed one painting and took it to the gallery for show and sale hopefully. Here it is... can't remember if I have shown it before or not.

Oh well, the uploader will not let me upload... I'll be back in a minute... as y'all can see, Scott is still chasing bugs.

llis
06-13-2003, 09:17 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jun-2003/11-callawaypath2.jpg

Smudger
06-13-2003, 09:37 AM
llis... I love it :clap: :clap:

Mikki Petersen
06-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Happy Day all! We on the West Coast of the US are just beginning the day. It is gorgeous here also. We are running 10 degrees below normal and loving every minute of it. If I have time later, I too will sit in my garden and attempt to capture my morning glories again. They are such an elusive bluish purple color, I just cannot get them right, grrr...

I have to go for my 3 month check up today. Don't know if I was so smart scheduling a Doctor appt. on Friday the 13th...

Ange, I so happy for you that the Shingles are beginning to fade. That's got to be a blessing!

Dawn, I'm glad you are back among the alerted.

Llis, this is a stunning piece. So colorful and summery. I want to be on that path right now enjoying the scents and sights.

Mo, have fun with the Riot photos. Did you read Rosic's post over there with some info about the harmonica guy?

It's a great day to be alive!

Dark_Shades
06-13-2003, 12:26 PM
ohhhhhh thats soooo pretty llis

.......Lolol Hayley ....... Im sure there are some clubs in Manchester that would cater for your needs :evil: :D :eek:

Ohhhhh good news indeed Mo ........... its taken 25 minutes for it to bring in emails........ :p :p :mad: :( :)

..... just had a cuppa out in the garden....... still really hot and its nearly 5.30

angeline
06-13-2003, 12:56 PM
DS I am soooooo jealous you have a garden to sit out in....my back yard can be made nice with pots of flowers but the sun goes over to the front by 2 pm.
Sophie I got your pm thanks.
Ilis......the coffee is always on here.....your picture is so pretty! wish i was there now.
Mo.....I am a floozy......have you only just started to notice?!
:evil:
Mikki ........you sound really happy today!
The sunshine is a wonderful tonic

soap
06-13-2003, 01:49 PM
What a lovely painting Illis! Mikki, you sound cheerful indeed! Great for a Friday 13th! LOL.....anyway my day is nearly finished....did my boring chores.....only one left to do.....the weekly shop......then I can sit and relax in my garden.......Since getting my first garden a year ago....I absolutely love it. Hayley - get yourself a garden!! I wish I had one years ago. It is wonderful. Dawn, glad to see you up to date again.....
Am trying to convince my other half to go to Northumberland this weekend to see a building/country house and make a weekend out of it.......not sure......money.......no time........bla bla.......hmmmmmm......LOL.....I suppose I better get off my.....and go to Tesco's...........
Later!

Soapster

sundiver
06-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Hayley, I'm so jealous you're going to Corfu! We spent 2 days there between Santorini and Rome, and it's soooo beautiful. We were travelling on the cheap, so we stayed at the Pink Palace, (hehe: 2 old fogies and 2 teenagers at the permanent frat party) but we loved it there, still better than sleeping on trains and boat decks!
I'm heading to Prince Edward Island after school, and bringing my o.p.s with me. (and piles of term-end marking and calculating)
Have a lovely weekend everyone!

angeline
06-13-2003, 07:04 PM
Oh wow ......I have just written the first review on amazon for Jackies workshop book! I might win 50!oooohhhhhhhhh.

flower
06-13-2003, 07:06 PM
Hi everyone,

I think its now the 14th june, cos its 1 oclock here, been thrown out of my own caravan by my visitors, imagne that.............LOL so thought why not come back home and see whats going on here ????????????????????

Im so nosey to know where soap and angeline are, being as im from stockport and know manchester well, as i was brought up there, and got a son living in middleton and 3 grandchildren, its bound to make me jealous when someone talks about "my home town"

got 2 weirdy e-mails tonight, dont know how they got my name oh well, must be more careful.............and yep angeline my finger is itching, after reading jackies thread its made me more aware of what is around me and i want to put it on paper, unfortunately with guests its difficult but there gone on tuesday............dawn hope you find my mail if not ill pm you goodnight to everyone till tomorrow

Dark_Shades
06-13-2003, 07:12 PM
Hi Flower........ saw you were in the forum ....... lolol what a cheek being kicked out ha ha ....... hope there is some of that lovely wine around for you :) ...... nope no email :( ....... Im getting emails......... but they are very late in coming in ....... Im finding updates to threads before any email arrives :(

..... hope you all have a great weekend......... looking forward to seeing what you are all painting :)

Mikki Petersen
06-13-2003, 07:46 PM
The comments about my cheerfulness lead me to believe my general grumpiness has been spilling over onto the threads. Stress does that to me besides being just naturally a bitchy ol' biddie. My cheerfulness...well...everything is so messed up I just decided to laugh and go enjoy the day. Hope you all did too. I have no exciting weekend destination to brag about but I will be in my studio cheering you all on. Bring back photos to post for us studio-bound types.

Cheers!