PDA

View Full Version : If at first you ndon't succeed....

Skinny
06-12-2003, 02:52 PM
...trying again...how come I can't upload???

Skinny
06-12-2003, 03:10 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2003/23354-Sadness.jpg

captan
06-12-2003, 04:01 PM
I imediately thought, this piece is from latin america or spain or sumpin' - and then I saw you are from Mexico. Nice piece. :)

Skinny
06-12-2003, 10:29 PM
You've made my day, Captan. I'm house-bound (with multiple sclerosis), and digital art has become my passion. You's is the first comment I've received, and the feedback is so welcome!:p :clap: :p

TeAnne
06-13-2003, 10:31 AM
This is lovely, so soft :)
Sorry to hear about the MS :( Please keep posting :)

Skinny
06-13-2003, 02:09 PM
Thanks so much for the encouragement.

I live with two wonderful friends. They help me, and life has never been better.

I love your quote, "Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly."

TeAnne
06-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Skinny
Thanks so much for the encouragement.

I live with two wonderful friends. They help me, and life has never been better.

I love your quote, "Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly."
I saw it on a bumper sticker :) I'm glad you're not alone :)

Alias Art
06-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Once more it’s your construction of the composition I feel is letting you down, the head is cut off at the top and the hand is creeping in from below, the lace is lifeless with no movement and the rose to straight , but let me add you are a better painter than me,

I like the expression on the face, she looks like she has spotted he ex with a new lady. Once more I visualize the bottom half as the glass of a window with them reflected ..

Try it -- see what happens, look fgorward to seeing more. :) AA

Skinny
06-15-2003, 07:07 AM
Are you also a writer, AliasArt? I can't wait to see your work! Your imagination is terrific.

Itend to think of "freeze-frames"....and you see action. .[I]Inspiring

Alias Art
06-15-2003, 11:47 AM
For me all art must tell a story, look at the adds on the TV, they tell stories, we need them, a freeze frame is all well and good but a viewer will take it all in at a glance and move on. In poetry, I need to hook the reader and keep them happy till the end, every word; every line must be meaningful,
and so in art each inch of canvas must keep us wondering and seeing new delights. I know this all intellectually. In practice ! well that’s another matter. I only started digital art in the last three weeks. The last time I picked up an artiest brush was over 35 years ago. But that wont stop me from being truthful—when I write crap I expect my peers to tell me to take it to the gutter--

as for uploading Ha! Im still trying,, but I'll get there

Here you go then this I wrote back in February in a challenge in the LOTR style—I won

From the harbour of middle earth: desire

It could be the way you held your head,
the lurch, the fall, the binding on the hands,
two knotted fists, but none of those.

I know you chose, and with the unwinding
of the wheel the wind got up and moved the keel
let underneath the monstrous sea; she slipped

so silently that soon a tale there grew for all.
Who knew of it would rise, and with occasion
doff a hat from off upon a hairy head in homage

to the fairy way; some kept it on there
right at odds, for Orcs still in the shadows slept.
Off with the hat-- them who knew of her, fair

figurehead on fairy craft she shipped then off to stay.
And men! They sup a pint to love, and loss, and undying
lands where she lead them all, the Royals far away.

So smoke a cheery pipe with weed. New men in loneliness
will toast, and laugh, But shire heroes still short-staff
can to this day raise cheer: and only drink but half.

plumpfairy
06-16-2003, 01:40 PM
:D Very nice image!
I like her expression, the overall mist, and the what appears to be a rose and a hand ghostly....transparent.....
it implies that she is a spirit (to me).
So sorry to hear of your MS....bless your heart.
jana:D :D :clap: :clap:

Skinny
06-17-2003, 08:56 AM
...I pictured her returning from a funeral!....the desolate look on her face....

AliasArt, what beautiful poetry! Why not paint the image that this poem created for you? I'd like to see how it compares to what's in my mind.

Jana, thanks for your good wishes. I feel fortunate...once saw a picture of a woman painting with her mouth, having lost the use of all four limbs to MS. If my style changes dramatically, you'll know why!:rolleyes: :cat: