PDA

View Full Version : A Project that needs members

Mikki Petersen
06-12-2003, 01:45 PM
There is a project in the Creativity Corner that needs more members before it can start. It is called "Expand Your Horizons". The idea is to do five works "outside your comfort zone" either different mediums or different subjects than you are used to. The joy of this project is that it is an exchange! You will send these five creations to designated members and you will receive five works of art from other members. I just completed "Postcard Project #4" and it was so much fun to receive 29 little artworks in the mail. And now I can say my work is in private collections around the world!

Please take a peek at the Project thread and see if this might be one for you:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108462&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

angeline
06-13-2003, 06:13 AM
Mikki It sounds like a really nice project....but I haven't the funds to get any new mediums so I will have to give it a miss.

Craig Houghton
06-13-2003, 08:47 AM
I'm willing to pay the postage and send off 5 works of art for the gamble on 5 incoming works, each from a different artist. It sounds like it could go awry, but it should be fun. Either way, I'm signed up and looking forward to the swap.

-Craig

Mikki Petersen
06-13-2003, 11:11 AM
Hayley, new mediums are not required. You can just try new techniques with your current medium.

Craig, I guess it could go awry but there were 30 members in Post Card Project #4 and everyone is coming through like a champ. Check out some of the terrific artwork that was done in that project. I guess your biggest risk is getting a piece you are not fond of but even that is interesting.

Craig Houghton
06-16-2003, 10:34 AM
I took a look at the project today, and more members are still needed before the project launches. So, there's still time to get on board.

Hope to see more people from Pastels over there. I'm selfishly hoping to receive an original of some sort from someone in the Pastel forum pantheon. :)

-Craig

Mikki Petersen
06-16-2003, 12:50 PM
I'll second that! It would be so much fun to receive something from a chat buddy here. Thanks for participating, Craig.

Craig Houghton
06-18-2003, 12:09 PM
I looked through the postcard project entries, and I must say I am amazed at the quality of work. I'm doubly excited about this project now.

If anyone hasn't checked out the project thread lately, there's some examples of work being done for the project posted there now. It's exciting. And, although it does take a minute to figure out what the project is all about, it's worth the read :P

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108462&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

-Craig

Smudger
06-18-2003, 12:27 PM
Looks Great... I'm in:D

Mikki Petersen
06-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Smudger

Alright Smudger!:clap: :clap: :clap:

So good to have some other pastellists joining in with all those "wet" folks,

Craig Houghton
06-19-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Smudger

Yay! Glad to hear you joined. I hope I end up w/ one of your pieces :P :) :P

-Craig

Smudger
06-20-2003, 04:43 AM
Thanks Craig, it should be fun....but what to do? i will have to put the thinking cap on:D

Mikki Petersen
06-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Well Guys, the good news is, there is no time limit on this project so you can create a masterpiece when the mood moves you.

TeAnne
06-20-2003, 08:03 PM
5 works????????? OUCH! I wish I had the time, I love swapping. Postage too would be a killer for me. Sorry, maybe next time. :(