PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 12th June 2003

Dark_Shades
06-12-2003, 08:29 AM
...... well I seem to be having terrible computer probs ........ Im not getting any WC email alerts :crying: .......... any body else having probs? ......... seems to have been since the new design :eek:
....... but then again, Im not getting Emails..... Full Stop ....... wahhhhhhhhhh no one loves me anymore :mad: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :D

Smudger
06-12-2003, 08:38 AM
Don't worry mate... we still love ya:D

Sounds like you're having mail server problems, you should contact your ISP

Kathryn Wilson
06-12-2003, 08:54 AM
Ahhhh . . . . sounds like you need a hug this morning.

((((((Dawn)))))

angeline
06-12-2003, 09:25 AM
Oh poor DS........I'm getting plenty of mails........especially in my junk folder.........if i took all their advise i would have a huge todger by now!!:eek:

E-J
06-12-2003, 10:33 AM
LOLOLOL Hayley!!

Well, my news is that I've managed to sell two of the three books I put up on eBay at the w/e. I've only made about 10 but that'll buy me some mounts for the pictures I want to frame, so it's way better than the proverbial kick in the pants :)

Dawn ... I think Mark's right, you probably need to contact your ISP. Are you sure you haven't got the same problem I had earlier in the week? Hotmail wouldn't let me send or receive anything and I discovered it was because I had a mail lurking in my inbox with a huge attachment that I hadn't been aware of. Oh dear ... huge attachments ... we're back to Hayley's junkmail LOL :D

I'm off to Belgium tomorrow for a long w/e. Happy pastelling and see you all next week.

soap
06-12-2003, 10:44 AM
Hi guys,
No probs with email here Dawn - poor you.....

I have opened the door for parcel delivery three times today! oohoo.....it's good to get packages! :D (although I don't want to see the bank account.....:( ) My mount cutter came in, and some frames from two different shops. Great! Of course I could not resist and tried my first mount cut to size and framed it in a frame.....it went well!! It actually looks good! Can't believe it.......LOL
Am very impressed with Framecraft Wales - they were so fast with their delivery, and included the samples I asked for. Am gonna ask for more......

Now, all I need to do is sell something so I can actually afford all these goodies....maybe I should start ebay as well.....dunno, but am a bit weary of it......lot of hassle for a couple of pounds......but maybe it's worth it.....I wish I could just put my piccies on the pavement here.....loads of people passing buy (I live practically next to a school)......but I suppose that's not allowed......:D

I've got to get some 'normal' work done now! Oh, this art stuff is toooo tempting and distracting! Pretty soon I have to lock up WC and my pastels!

Have a good one, everybody.

soap
06-12-2003, 10:51 AM
Oh, and E-J....hope you'll have fun in Belgium!

Mikki Petersen
06-12-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by E-J

I'm off to Belgium tomorrow for a long w/e. Happy pastelling and see you all next week. [/B]

Wow! Belgium! It must be wonderful to be European and able to jaunt off to all these terrific destinations. i couldn't even get to Belgium in a weekend! I could always weekend in Lodi...

soap
06-12-2003, 02:11 PM
The US has quite a few terrific destinations too I believe......

Mikki Petersen
06-12-2003, 03:31 PM
Certainly it does. But none with such ancient history.

Dark_Shades
06-12-2003, 04:49 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrr this is NOOOOOO fun :p ........ for some reason I am now getting a smuttering of emails..... and it turns out ones Ive sent over the last few days have not met their destinations .......
:mad: ...... where they have gone I do not know ........ and Im still not get any alerts to threads........ so sorry guys if Im not commenting........ what with the new site design, lol I ended up in the virtual palette, so had some fun mixing colours :D

ohhhh nice weekend away ..... EJ ...... Im waiting for them to make a tunnel to USA :D ....... would love to go to NY, and New England......... and meet all my chat buds over there
.... well one bit of GOOD news........ got me holidays booked up ....... last two years been going to Northern Spain....... which I absolutely loved....... go through the Euro Tunnel...... pop up in France :) ...... put car on the French Motor rail, and sleep over on it, following morning arrive on the French/Spanish border, have a continental brekkie whilst they unload the cars...... and then you drive off to where ever you are going...... great stuff and scenery...... anyway didnt want to go back to Spain this year..... so we have got a last booking....... a little place in between St. Tropez and Monaco......... sounds good.... yes? :D

angeline
06-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Oh DS your holiday sounds lovely.......taking the pastels along I hope. I don't get e-mails fromn here.....i'd end up with a full box all the time! I come in and go to my wc and go to the boards I like from there.
EJ.........are you not pasteling too?
OOOOhhhhhh Soap.......I love parcels! how yummy!

Dark_Shades
06-12-2003, 05:28 PM
Ohhhhhh dont you hayley ......... Id get confused lolol, like now...... havent a clue what Ive commented on ...... (I rabbit so much :D) ....... feel like an arms been cut off.......

hmmmmm pastels on holiday....... conjurs ups pictures of green commando streaks with swimwear ha ha ha

awwwwwww poor ol Gregory Peck has died........ I liked him

....... there she blowwwwwwwwsssssss

Dark_Shades
06-12-2003, 05:33 PM
hmmmmmm, just thought perhaps should rename this (in my case)

Daily Scramble

Daily Stumble

Daily Fumble lololol

Daily Tumble

Daily Mumble :D

Dark_Shades
06-12-2003, 05:47 PM
...... this Sunday.......... is

Father's Day :eek:

bnoonan
06-12-2003, 06:48 PM
Same event here in the states for us YANKS - happy Father's Day Smudger - since you're the only one I know of who has kids as I think about it.

Quote of the day from my 83 year old mom.... "Why do you have to paint naked men anyway"?

Quote of the day from my younger sister... "Why did you leave out the good parts?"

Dawn - shucks - you probably didn't get my e-mail where I was awarding you 1 million dollars - Oh Well. Great holiday plans for you my dear...

Hayley - hope your scratching stops soon.

EJ- have fun in Belgium - what a way to go.

Mikki - what do you think - should we go away to Monterey for the weekend since we can't go to Monaco???

B

Mo.
06-12-2003, 06:55 PM
Anyone still awake? :D

Dawn I've emailed you, and PM'ed you, now I know the PM's are working ...I'm awaiting a reply now. :p
I've had no problem receiving your emails... the problem is your end , has to be..when did you last do some house cleaning? Defrag and such, clear temp files, could make a difference...but as I said in my PM...NTL is having a few probs at the moment I believe. So this could be the reason...or maybe you need to shelve your holiday and buy a new computer.
:D :D :evil: :p :D

Like Daily Mumble

Daily Slop and Drop... sounds good too..or

Pastels at Dawn? :D

Daily Grumble?

Daily Blend?

Daily Strokes for daily folks? :D:D Naw forget that one. :D

Tomorrow is FRIDAY the 13TH... about ten minutes from now this side of the pond.

Be afraid ... be very afraid folks...

You've all been having sooo much fun today...

Sophie with her new toy.. E-J slinking off for the weekend...and making money at Ebay. :D
Poor Hayley... itching like mad... hope you are okay girl.. me... well I've been so virtuous today...done lots of HOUSEWORK!!!

I've also been relaxing and playing miind boggling stupid computer games.. you know the type...the addictive ones..must paint tomorrow.

Watch out tomorrow Friday 13th...beware!! and Take care.

Cheers,
Mo.

Dark_Shades
06-12-2003, 07:19 PM
LOLOL........ well its definately been a daily Grumble ha haa ha

......... just spent gawd knows how long playing cat n mouse with pm's ha ha ha .........

well thankee Barb......... dont need the email now, you just signed it away in here ;)

....... love the quotes.........

ohhhhh and thanks Mo, for keeping me up into Friday the 13th!!!!

:music:twiglet zone:music: ..... oops :music:twilight zone:

..... yup Mo...... did all me tidying up on comp ...... well apart from defrag...... cos Im on here too much lol to spare time on that score......... perhaps its NTL :P

....... nite/morning all

ohhhhhhh Soap...... you gotta do a WIP with your new toy :D

Mo.
06-12-2003, 07:36 PM
Dawn.... A word of caution here my girl... too much chatting... not enough painting.... on your marks, get set,..... Go... ...

En plein aire would be nice.;)

cheers,
Mo.

Mikki Petersen
06-12-2003, 09:30 PM
LOL, DS, I vote for the Daily Mumble!

Your vacation sounds like a dream.