PDA

View Full Version : Text colrs in posts

JustjoGA
06-11-2003, 09:07 AM
I'm unsure where this should be asked.... Since the update and change of the WC! pages, all my text is in black in the posts, instead of unread posts being blue so I can tell what I've already read. How do I fix this? You may answer here or PM me either way, I appreciate any advice.

mustcreate
06-11-2003, 09:24 AM
hi Jo :)

my read text is showing up a purplish colour and the unread text is black.....but they are so close in value that I have to REALLY look closely to see the difference. it's kind of annoying when I click on one I've already read.

em

Shadoglare
06-11-2003, 11:33 AM
For me everything is blue, but I get a little orange triangle next to the titles of new messages.
You can actually change the forums back to the "old style" under your user settings - near the bottom next to your user photo/image is an option called "Style Set" which you can use to change it back to the old way.
However, the old way works exactly like the new way, the graphics are just slightly different on the new version.

I think what you're used to (the text being a different color on read posts) is actually being done by your browser, and not by WC.
Your browser will change the color of most internet links to a different color to show you that you've been there before, and all of the message titles are internet links.
When WC changed over to the new system, it would appear that the code was changed so that visited links show up the same color as unvisted links? :confused:

Anyway, if it really bothers you and you want to go back to using that method instead of the "orange triangles" method, there's a way to switch WC back to the "old system" - under your user settings, near the bottom next to your user icon/photo, is an option called "Style Set" - you can change this back to "No frills style" and everything will go back to the way you're used to.

scottb
06-11-2003, 06:08 PM
It should be better now .... :)

JustjoGA
06-11-2003, 10:56 PM
It is!! And thanks, Scott ... we can always count on you.