PDA

View Full Version : cubism

Johan Steenkamp
06-10-2003, 11:43 PM
cubism

pen / pastel / flash / photoshop

somerset
06-11-2003, 02:37 AM
Not going to pretend that I 'understand' this one as it can be interpreted in so many ways...a quality that as a rule I like BTW. But I certainly can say that I find it intriguing. Since I CAN ask, I will. What does this image say to you?

Tamana
06-11-2003, 09:49 AM
I prefer to view this as an ancient form of glass blowing because it's more dramatic; however, I understand (because I can ;) ), that it's probably just a drunken sax player in a blue's bar on Saturday night. Either way, I especially LOVE the colors.

This is my favorite next to the storm one.

Shalom,

Tam :)

adelphiart
06-11-2003, 09:59 AM
a china man playing the blues , i like this very cool.
what's the size ?
very nice
shaun :clap:

amanda
06-11-2003, 12:41 PM
Nice, he looks like he's on fire!

Johan Steenkamp
06-12-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by somerset
Not going to pretend that I 'understand' this one as it can be interpreted in so many ways...a quality that as a rule I like BTW. But I certainly can say that I find it intriguing. Since I CAN ask, I will. What does this image say to you?

Well, it doesnt really 'say' something to me, I rather concentrate on the composition and technical palette behind each image. The influence on this one mainly derives from cubism, which reexamines perception and our depiction of reality, i.e. use symbolism and incorporate different angles.

Johan Steenkamp
06-12-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by adelphiart
a china man playing the blues , i like this very cool.
what's the size ?
very nice
shaun :clap:

That is the original size. The idea was simply to use Macromedia Flash's break apart function to create a cubist, i.e. geometric effect in a bitmap image. The original pen sketch outline is still in one of my sketchbooks.