PDA

View Full Version : 2nd mixed media on canvas - need your suggestions!

Isabeille
06-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Oops!

Here is the painting:

Thanks again!

Isabeille

Stefan
06-10-2003, 10:42 PM
very nice.
deep rich colors, definitely my style.

cant really add anything suggestion wise because I have yet to work with mixed media/collage.

Tamana
06-11-2003, 10:01 AM
Time fossilized. It's nostalgic. I don't know what else you would want. Well done.

Shalom,

Tam :)

Isabeille
06-11-2003, 10:06 AM
Dear Stephan and Tamala,

Thank you so much for your replies. I used the Golden brand of paint - first time ever - and just love the richness of the colors.

This is a first of a series - after all, I need to practice, practice, practice!

Thank you again so much - your comments were so encouraging!

Isabeille

Healer
06-11-2003, 06:48 PM
I can't make any suggestions either except to say I like it very much. Very rich is a good description. To me it has a kind of mysterious ancient look to it with the colours you used and that's what would immediately catch my eye and make me want to observe it closer if i saw it from a distance in a gallery. Reminds me a bit of encaustic with its rich luminous look too. Thanks for sharing.

Andy

diane555
06-12-2003, 09:11 AM
Good morning Isabeille

I can't offer any suggestions either because this appears finished to me. I say 'sign it' :) I think it's lovely. Wonderful color :clap:
Can I ask what mediums and support you used?
Di

Isabeille
06-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Thank you both so much for your comments.

When I got home yesterday, I started another painting, which usually means for me that the one I have been working on is done. I will leave it "as is" right now. I am only beginning in this new form of art (I had never painted on canvas before), so this whole feeling is very new to me.

Di, this painting was made using acrylic and ink. The texture was created by gluing tissue paper. The dimensions are 18" X 24" (this was also a first for me - I had never worked that big, which may seem small to most of you!).

Thank you again so much,

Isabeille

VieSaintSo
06-12-2003, 02:26 PM
Just to tell you I really like your painting.The richness of the colours....the collage...everything about it:clap:
My kind! absolutly
Bravo très chère!
This is a first for me here, I think I have found a wonderfull site!
Your inspiring.....
You do not need any suggestion I think your painting is finished.
Can you tell what mixed media you used? Merci!

Isabeille
06-12-2003, 02:39 PM
Bonjour!

Well, well, a neighbour! I am from Boucherville, not very far from Montreal. FYI, my first language is French, so if it is easier for you, we can send each other private messages in French (I would not want to be rude to the community!!!).

The painting is 18" X 24", on canvas, and the mediums are acrylic and ink.

Thank you so much for your comments - I am very new at this (this is only my 2nd painting!).

Isabeille

Bendyweed
06-12-2003, 05:59 PM
It`s stunning!!

I`m looking forward to seeing the next one. :D

amanda
06-14-2003, 03:04 AM
This is lovely, I like the colours, the depth, the use of collage and the style. Very very nice work.

poetedamour
06-14-2003, 06:32 AM
Dear Amanda and Bendyweed,

Thank you so much for your encouragment. I have an exhibition coming up on June 24th in Book Arts - so I need to get busy and make the books I want to bring.

Although the painting I started is just screaming at me to finish it, for the next 2 weeks, in order to be ready for the art expo, I will not have time to pain (maybe I will sneak a few brush strokes here and there!;) )

I should be able to post something in 2 weeks.

Take care!

Isabeille

Isabeille
06-14-2003, 06:36 AM
I forgot to login under my username - yes, the man in the picture is my fiancé and we are both using the same computer!!! He is actually the one who has opened up the wonderful world of art for me, 2 years ago.

Just thought I would clarify so that no one would be confused! :confused:

Hugs,

Isabeille