PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Vulture

christmascarolnz
06-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Hi there. I posted this in the animal forum and it was suggested that I put it here...
I haven't done any pen stuff since at High School which was a looonnggg time ago...
I used a pen with a .30 nib and used water colour for a wash.
The surrounding area is painted with chinese calligraphy grinding ink and turned out a bit wishy washy as I didn't grind it first.
I think he would have been better without the colour, but I couldn't resist.
Thanks for having a peek.
Carol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jun-2003/4807-turkey_vulture.jpg

MonicaB
06-10-2003, 08:21 PM
He's perfect just the way he is -- color and all. Ugly, but perfect. :D

seejay
06-10-2003, 08:25 PM
What a beauty! I like this "ugly" creature.;)

rapolina
06-11-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by MonicaB
Ugly, but perfect. :D

poor turkey! but have to agree.. great drawing!
thanks for sharing and please send more!

ciao, rapolina.

Oldthumbs
06-11-2003, 08:51 AM
With color, without color, what difference would it make? They would both be excellent! :D

Jakeally
06-11-2003, 09:54 AM
Welcome to the forum Carol:D
Lol....definately ugly but he's just fabulous.
You rendered the feathers perfectly and the wrinkled head is great.
I think the colour adds a lot but I would have liked it without colour too:clap: :clap: :cat:

artdude
06-11-2003, 11:36 AM
They aren't the cutest looking things :) You've done a wonderful job with the ink and I think the colors really give it some depth!! :D:)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

els
06-11-2003, 01:01 PM
Very good drawing. Welcome back to the P&I world...

drwells
06-11-2003, 06:38 PM
One of my friends/coworkers is a total bird lover and turkey vultures are her favorite. I grabbed her and showed her your drawing. She said it is gorgeous and that he isn't ugly but beautiful :D She also said that she thinks it looks so perfect that it could be a photograph :)

I think he is scary but your work is greeeat!!

Danny

christmascarolnz
06-12-2003, 06:10 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome and encouragement. I think taking a pen with me wherever I venture will be a bit more portable than a bunch of pastels...which are my main medium.
Peaking into a new forum is kinda like walking into a classroom with a whole bunch of different students to meet.
Thanks heaps.
Carol