PDA

View Full Version : "Plaza de la Liberacion" (Liberation Square)

Silviac33
05-23-2012, 08:45 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-23-2012/1068782_DSC02687.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: "Plaza de la Liberacion" (Liberation Square)
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
It's an original Oil painting, depicting a scene in La Perla Tapatia ( The pearl of Mexico) of a Cathedral.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Feedback
-Color
-Composition
-Perspective
-Likeness

Everything what you want to say about it!
I appreciate it .

greensyster
05-24-2012, 12:41 AM
i find it very stunning and it totally carries the 'atmosphere' I felt in Mexico. all is very good for me other than the reflections of the cathedral. it is reflected too perfectly. you have the appearance of some little movement in the pool but mysteriously that doesn't impact on the almost mirrored reflection. Great work.

AllanFink1960
05-24-2012, 05:29 PM
I like the feel and mood of the image. Technically the mirrored reflections do not line up vertically, which might be fine if it is a whimsical piece, with some artist license and all. This looks to me like it should be straighter though.

Coen1
05-24-2012, 05:45 PM
You succeeded in hitting the atmosphere! I can imagine this was your main goal.
Great bright colors, although the yellow in the reflection in the water is too strong. the composition is ok. to me, though you could have given it some more space at the bottom of it.
On the perspective: it looks rather flat and I think that's part of what your painting is making as interesting as it is (and what makes it associating to traditional Mexican art to me).
The likeness: sorry, don't know the building.
I hope my comment is helping.