PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to see

daydrmr317
06-10-2003, 12:07 PM
This is a melding of 2 different photos - to see what a child might look like. Kind of a manual morphing project.

A little background. I had a miscarriage about 8 years ago, and I was wondering what my little one would look like now. I never realized how cathartic it could be to draw her picture. I gave her my face shape with her Daddy's eyes, and here is my Katherine Elizabeth. She would have been just turning 7 in July. :angel:

Mikki Petersen
06-10-2003, 05:28 PM
Vanessa, what a poignant project. I'm so sorry for your loss. The child you have portrayed here is lovely.

I lost my first grandson to abortion and, to this day, I picture him in my mind. I never thought to do a portrait though. Perhaps you are on to something. Sort of a memorial.

meowmeow
06-11-2003, 09:28 AM
((Vanessa))

Hugs to you Vanessa. I do hope this helped a bit!

Sandy

mhimeswc
06-11-2003, 10:14 AM
You have just made a stronger connection to this child in your heart. I hope it helps you to feel close to her.

When my daughter miscarried her first little girl, they started a scrapbook with the hospital photo and cards that people sent. I sometimes imagine what Jessica would have looked like too. She would have been 9 this year. She has two little brothers that look alike, so I can imagine that she would resemble them. I never thought of painting a picture, but I like your idea.

Michelle

crumbedbrains
06-11-2003, 10:46 AM
AAAAAAWWWWWW . she's a cutie . .I see she got your hair too!! . . .cool idea.
Cheers
Crumby

christmascarolnz
06-12-2003, 06:27 AM
Hi. I think you painting Katherine's picture is a lovely idea. I believe in the centuries gone by that women who lost a child would either make a special quilt or embroider a memorial cross stitch. It was part of the healing process.
All the very best for your future.
Carol

daydrmr317
06-12-2003, 11:51 AM
Thank you all for your comments!

It was a very poignant (and at time emotional) project to do.

Much love,

amanda
06-24-2003, 08:30 AM
Thank you for sharing that with us even though it's very personal, I appreciate you doing so. I love the way that you have been able to do this, you must be a veyr strong person.